Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-31-2021, 10:52 PM   #169
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
What about it? How many have actually had problems, vs how many that were sold so far?
I'm almost at 43k. Runs like a top.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 05:53 AM   #170
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Your catching up to me CHASLT1, I have 1630 miles, all is well. Shit weather coming in now, I will not be driving for at least 3-4 days now.
Car does well with all the C7's. But lacks at high speed turns thanks to the 245's. Also runs out of steam at the higher end vs my modded C6. But all in all does fine. Could use another 50hp and lb ft.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 09:33 PM   #171
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Should replace the whole car and GM should eat the cost.

Agree! Granted, if it gets a whole new motor it's still a new motor, however out of courtesy though I'd replace the car.

About 20 years ago my mom worked at a Dodge dealer. Someone ordered a Dodge Caravan and they only got a couple miles out of it because the factory didn't put any oil in it!! They got a new van.

You'd think they'd notice the oil light though before delivery to the customer at the dealer.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 10:17 PM   #172
Ademarco

Drives: 18 Ford Raptor, 21 2SS 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLT1 View Post
Car does well with all the C7's. But lacks at high speed turns thanks to the 245's. Also runs out of steam at the higher end vs my modded C6. But all in all does fine. Could use another 50hp and lb ft.
You should get some 305s on it. I have an SS 1LE with build date of 9/20, but have put 1,500 hard miles on it. The motor was built at the PBC so not sure when the motor was built. Car runs like a beast and keeps asking for more gas. Last check of mpg was 11. Shake and bake
Ademarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 05:51 AM   #173
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ademarco View Post
You should get some 305s on it. I have an SS 1LE with build date of 9/20, but have put 1,500 hard miles on it. The motor was built at the PBC so not sure when the motor was built. Car runs like a beast and keeps asking for more gas. Last check of mpg was 11. Shake and bake
I only avg 12.9mph driving 4 miles to work and only 50 miles a week total. Now that our Vette cruises are back that is the only time i get to drive hard and fast.

My C6 was around 50 more HP and less weight so i am sure that is why it felt faster up high. I seems to keep up with a C7 down low.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 08:12 AM   #174
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Agree! Granted, if it gets a whole new motor it's still a new motor, however out of courtesy though I'd replace the car.

About 20 years ago my mom worked at a Dodge dealer. Someone ordered a Dodge Caravan and they only got a couple miles out of it because the factory didn't put any oil in it!! They got a new van.

You'd think they'd notice the oil light though before delivery to the customer at the dealer.
If the engine is repairable, Chevy will repair, if the block is damaged and a head, you should get a replacement engine assembly. Any one is dreaming thinking you would just get another car. The new van story doesnt make sense, every new vehicle gets a PDI performed by the selling dealer, it certainly wasnt low on oil when the vehicle left the dealer with the new owner. Someone forgot to mention the new owner hit something on the road, it opened up the oil pan, damage a unibody crossmember , the owner kept driving it till it stopped. Insurance co totalled the vehicle, took the vehicle and owner got another new one with the ins co money LOL
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 08:53 AM   #175
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
If the engine is repairable, Chevy will repair, if the block is damaged and a head, you should get a replacement engine assembly. Any one is dreaming thinking you would just get another car. The new van story doesnt make sense, every new vehicle gets a PDI performed by the selling dealer, it certainly wasnt low on oil when the vehicle left the dealer with the new owner. Someone forgot to mention the new owner hit something on the road, it opened up the oil pan, damage a unibody crossmember , the owner kept driving it till it stopped. Insurance co totalled the vehicle, took the vehicle and owner got another new one with the ins co money LOL
This is Dodge under the Daimler years - the story is absolutely believable. Especially on those caravans..... the quality control was abysmal.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 08:59 AM   #176
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
This is Dodge under the Daimler years - the story is absolutely believable. Especially on those caravans..... the quality control was abysmal.
Lots of things are possible, but to have a vehicle come off an assembly line with a engine that has no oil in it, make it out to the yard, get loaded on a truck, get unloaded, get driven and serviced by the dealer which includes a road test all with no oil in the oil pan... come on
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 09:06 AM   #177
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Lots of things are possible, but to have a vehicle come off an assembly line with a engine that has no oil in it, make it out to the yard, get loaded on a truck, get unloaded, get driven and serviced by the dealer which includes a road test all with no oil in the oil pan... come on
Entirely possible. Engines aren't assembled dry - mechanical parts are lubricatd as they're installed. That could be enough to get the engine through just a few miles of driving which is what would be on a brand new vehicle at delivery if it was sold be the dealer it was delivered to.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 09:09 AM   #178
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
with no oil light?
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 09:22 AM   #179
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
with no oil light?
Mistakes get made, things get missed. Have you ever had a chance to see a PDI sheet? Sometimes, the tech just draws a line straight down the "Checked" column all at once even though they're supposed to be checked individually and acknowledged one at a time.
Old 02-02-2021, 09:25 AM   #180
FarmerFran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Mistakes get made, things get missed. Have you ever had a chance to see a PDI sheet? Sometimes, the tech just draws a line straight down the "Checked" column all at once even though they're supposed to be checked individually and acknowledged one at a time.
Fair enough, but someone drove it with a light shining away that they should have seen.
Old 02-02-2021, 09:37 AM   #181
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Fair enough, but someone drove it with a light shining away that they should have seen.
Very true, but that someone was the new owner who likely had no direct experience in that vehicle and the light wasn't something the realized was an indication of a problem.
Old 02-02-2021, 09:49 AM   #182
FarmerFran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Very true, but that someone was the new owner who likely had no direct experience in that vehicle and the light wasn't something the realized was an indication of a problem.
Now this is the real problem