Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-28-2015, 11:08 AM   #15
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
Hey, I just noticed you are from Ellicott City, MD. We are very close! Where did you get your Z/28 from?
I ordered it from Becky Doyle at Rodgers Chevy in Michigan along with a 2016 Tahoe and my 6th gen that's being delivered tomorrow. All of the dealers around us are crooks
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 11:23 AM   #16
ScratchAce

Drives: 2SS - Hyper Blue/Ceramic White
And, here is a link to the MotoMan who reviews cars:

The Cadillac Engineer was referencing the latter.[/QUOTE]

Damn, what a value the SS is compared to the ATS-V! Shares many of the same technologies and comes with the LT1 @ ~$25k less.

I like the style of the Caddys, but for the money, you can't beat the G6 SS.

ScratchAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 11:35 AM   #17
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
I ordered it from Becky Doyle at Rodgers Chevy in Michigan along with a 2016 Tahoe and my 6th gen that's being delivered tomorrow. All of the dealers around us are crooks
Have you ever used Miller Brothers Chevy? I might go up there and test drive an SS A8.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 11:37 AM   #18
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
Have you ever used Miller Brothers Chevy?
Yes I'm good friends with one of the service writers there. I haven't bought a car from them because they're too small of a dealership and never have what I want. Talk to Kevin Kea if you're looking to buy, he's a really nice guy, or just give Becky a call
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:03 PM   #19
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Yes I'm good friends with one of the service writers there. I haven't bought a car from them because they're too small of a dealership and never have what I want. Talk to Kevin Kea if you're looking to buy, he's a really nice guy, or just give Becky a call
Awesome, thanks for the advice!
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 01:02 PM   #20
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
S197 right? The manual one I had would get some hop if I wasn't smooth with the launch, but a set of BMR LCA's fixed that...funny thing is my current auto one doesn't hop what so ever...
Yes, sir. 2013 GT.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 01:17 PM   #21
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCruisin View Post
Mine is pretty bad on the 1LE with the stock tires.

Once I put on A/S or Winters the wheel hop will go away and they'll just be leaving rubber on the road, lol.
Add these BMR trailing arms to help that situation. If Gen 6 has wheel hop, there will be products available to help.
Attached Images

Old 12-29-2015, 01:42 PM   #22
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Add these BMR trailing arms to help that situation. If Gen 6 has wheel hop, there will be products available to help.
That the only thing you did?
2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 03:00 PM   #23
trz174

Drives: Used to Drive Blue Camaros
My experience from two trips to the drag strip is that the 2016 SS A8 will wheel hop under some conditions. I've had three aborted runs on street tires due to wheel hop. All the runs were in track mode with the traction control off.

The hop starts when the street tires are hot after a hard burnout, the track is sticky, the tires break loose right away and you don't take your foot off the gas. Once the hop starts, the run is over and there's no need to stay in the throttle and break something and tear up the track. It's definitely not the norm, but it does happen.

For what it's worth, I had no wheel hop or hint of wheel hop with the DR setup in any mode. I also had no wheel hop or hint of wheel hop with the street tires when the traction control was turned on.
trz174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 03:48 PM   #24
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by trz174 View Post

The hop starts when the street tires are hot after a hard burnout...
Well, honestly you shouldn't be giving regular street tires a hard burnout. It usually does more harm then good. A little burnout should be enough...and if the track is prepped, that may keep the car from wheel hopping. I know this technique worked for my Mustang and previous Corvette.

Did you get wheel hop with all your street tire runs when traction control was off? Or on just some?
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 03:54 PM   #25
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
I can confirm wheel hop in my limited 30 miles on the street thus far in our test car.... There will be solutions very soon however.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 05:09 PM   #26
obzidian

Drives: 98 camaro turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Different stiffness half shafts is not new. GM used that in the original CTS-V years ago to calm that down after the initial launch as I recall. That car had power hop worse than anything I can remember. I believe it's also how control torque steer on FWD cars.
No kidding.. had one (Ls6) for about 10 months. Went through 3 rear ends, gm "fix" for the wheelhop that squeeked in which they didn't want to fix, etc. etc. etc...

As far as i remember they never really did anything to fix the wheelhop in the V1's, subsequent GM vehicles did begin to look at the issue and address it.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:23 PM   #27
BMR Tech

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
While this new 6th Gen is refined in every way, it is not wheel hop free.

I have spent some serious time behind the wheel on our test mule (2SS, 6Spd) and can tell you that there is definitely wheel hop.

As a matter of fact, I should have a teaser video to share soon (hopefully tomorrow) of under car footage for you guys.

I will say, the wheel hop is very minimal compared to the 2015+ S550 Mustangs. GM did a GREAT job!

In the video, you will be amazed by how much movement, slop and deflection is present within this 6th Gens IRS System when under loads....but the wheel hop is surprisingly minimal considering.

Nonetheless, we are diligently working on solutions for various applications. For the average daily driver to the road course and all out drag racers.

2016 is going to be SWEET!
BMR Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 01:34 AM   #28
red70tvhs
Red

Drives: 2018 Mosaic Black 2ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Tech View Post
While this new 6th Gen is refined in every way, it is not wheel hop free.

I have spent some serious time behind the wheel on our test mule (2SS, 6Spd) and can tell you that there is definitely wheel hop.

As a matter of fact, I should have a teaser video to share soon (hopefully tomorrow) of under car footage for you guys.

I will say, the wheel hop is very minimal compared to the 2015+ S550 Mustangs. GM did a GREAT job!

In the video, you will be amazed by how much movement, slop and deflection is present within this 6th Gens IRS System when under loads....but the wheel hop is surprisingly minimal considering.

Nonetheless, we are diligently working on solutions for various applications. For the average daily driver to the road course and all out drag racers.

2016 is going to be SWEET!
Well I thought my wheelhop days would be over... At least it sounds like correcting it on the 6th gens won't be half as bad as the trouble I've went through reducing the hop on my goat. I look forward to seeing what you release!

Stock. For now...
red70tvhs is offline   Reply With Quote