BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-01-2014, 06:40 PM   #15
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Jesus Christ... What now?
GM engineers are still trying to figure out exactly what the problem is, but both automatic and manual transmissions are stalling when idling (at stop lights for example). They think it's something with the ECU.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:46 PM   #16
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Breaking news: GM recalls 6th generation Camaro.

Details are sketchy at the moment, but according to inside sources, a clay model of the 6th generation Camaro caught on fire within GM's design studios early Tuesday morning. GM immediately informed NHTSA of the problem and issued a recall, hoping to avoid yet another massive fiasco similar to the current ignition problem. No deaths or injuries have been reported, but sources say the initial clay model, plus several design sketches, CAD drawings, and ideas trapped in the heads of three GM engineers are all covered under this recall.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:54 PM   #17
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

Details are sketchy at the moment, but according to inside sources, a clay model of the 6th generation Camaro caught on fire within GM's design studios early Tuesday morning. GM immediately informed NHTSA of the problem and issued a recall, hoping to avoid yet another massive fiasco similar to the current ignition problem. No deaths or injuries have been reported, but sources say the initial clay model, plus several design sketches, CAD drawings, and ideas trapped in the heads of three GM engineers are all covered under this recall.
All 5th gens are being recalled also, after doing a study of the posts made on the Camaro5 forum, they have determined there are too many nuts loose behind the steering wheel.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:00 PM   #18
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
All 5th gens are being recalled also, after doing a study of the posts made on the Camaro5 forum, they have determined there are too many nuts loose behind the steering wheel.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:18 PM   #19
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I lol'd at this.

Also, link for the C7 recall?
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:32 PM   #20
DandDC09

Drives: '10 2LT/RS, '13 Malibu
I've got a '13 Malibu that the steering catches every now and then... Took it in and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Gave me a loaner while they checked it out... Exact same car as mine and I noticed it doing it too! They told me since they can't find anything wrong or TSB's, to just keep an eye on it and of course if it gets worse to bring it back in! They better pray something doesn't go wrong when my wife's driving it, especially with our 8 month old in there!
Old 04-01-2014, 10:46 PM   #21
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandDC09 View Post
I've got a '13 Malibu that the steering catches every now and then... Took it in and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Gave me a loaner while they checked it out... Exact same car as mine and I noticed it doing it too! They told me since they can't find anything wrong or TSB's, to just keep an eye on it and of course if it gets worse to bring it back in! They better pray something doesn't go wrong when my wife's driving it, especially with our 8 month old in there!
DandDC09,

Sincere apologies to read about those steering concerns. I can certainly understand your displeasure, and would be happy to research any open recalls if you send me your VIN. If there's anything additional I may be able to assist with, don't hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:54 PM   #22
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

And thats on top of the recall for 53-55 C1 Corvettes. Turns out they're missing V8 engines.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:57 PM   #23
DandDC09

Drives: '10 2LT/RS, '13 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
DandDC09,

Sincere apologies to read about those steering concerns. I can certainly understand your displeasure, and would be happy to research any open recalls if you send me your VIN. If there's anything additional I may be able to assist with, don't hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

I have no issue with my dealer. They did what they could. GM is the one that needs to look deeper into the issue, because GM will be the one with the problem if something goes wrong with them in it! There's obviously something wrong with the steering in my model and year of Malibu, but it's only been out a year. Probably not a bunch of them popping up yet. I bought mine in Aug of '13 and it has 12,000 miles on it already, so it gets driven quite a bit. I'm sure there will be more coming up by the end of the year!

I will send you the VIN tomorrow.

Thanks!
Old 04-02-2014, 05:17 AM   #24
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
I lol'd at this.

Also, link for the C7 recall?
Hasn't been made official yet because they don't know how to fix it.

http://m.carbuzz.com/Article.aspx?Id=19545
Old 04-02-2014, 05:52 AM   #25
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
I hope GM recovers from this I've had 3 GM vehicles fail Tahoe, Sierra and regal. Tahoe head gasket less 20k miles, Sierra drive train, dashboard CPU fail, and regal turbo manual that would spike to redline rpm for no reason and not stop. GM actually bought the regal back.. all that said I did see a difference in how old GM dealt vs New GM..they r on the right track, I can only hope they stay on it. GM needs be first with news and create a reassuring message that th e issues are under control..
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:27 AM   #26
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Sales will drop. That's for sure.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:56 AM   #27
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
In any large company (GM, Ford, GE..)I often wonder how many of these problems are covered up by the middle managers and so the CEO doesn't know until the fecal matter hits the fan.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:09 PM   #28
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandDC09 View Post
I have no issue with my dealer. They did what they could. GM is the one that needs to look deeper into the issue, because GM will be the one with the problem if something goes wrong with them in it! There's obviously something wrong with the steering in my model and year of Malibu, but it's only been out a year. Probably not a bunch of them popping up yet. I bought mine in Aug of '13 and it has 12,000 miles on it already, so it gets driven quite a bit. I'm sure there will be more coming up by the end of the year!

I will send you the VIN tomorrow.

Thanks!
You're very welcome!

I will surely look forward to your message.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote