Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #15
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
The SP are made in china with American parts. The TSPs are made in china, but I'm not sure if its Chinese parts.
pretty sure the sp are same materials as their top end brand just contracted out to another american company for labor....Chase or Stainless can verify or let us know if I am wrong.

Bottem line both companies will stand behind their products, as well as their authorized vendors.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #16
LS1hawk

Drives: 11 SGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
pretty sure the sp are same materials as their top end brand just contracted out to another american company for labor....Chase or Stainless can verify or let us know if I am wrong.

Bottem line both companies will stand behind their products, as well as their authorized vendors.
Stainless Power headers are made overseas but that shouldn't stop someone if they are looking for a cheaper alternative.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #17
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
The SP are made in china with American parts. The TSPs are made in china, but I'm not sure if its Chinese parts.
I don't know about TSP, but SP are licensed by SW to strict standards. They are not necessarily made overseas.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #18
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I don't know about TSP, but SP are licensed by SW to strict standards. They are not necessarily made overseas.

They are made overseas.
429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #19
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by 429 View Post
They are made overseas.
I still can't find anything supporting that. Can you link me to something that verifies this?
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #20
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
I only have personal experience with the Texas Speed headers and I can tell you for the price they are hard to beat. The installation of them was super easy and straight forward, everything fit like it was supposed to. Plus the customer service Texas Speed has is hard to beat.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #21
LS1hawk

Drives: 11 SGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
I still can't find anything supporting that. Can you link me to something that verifies this?
Multiple vendors on this site advertise them as built overseas, so I assume they are indeed built offshore.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:52 PM   #22
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
The description for them on Apex says that they're built overseas to keep costs down.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #23
Camarojt

Drives: 2011camaro SS
Both are made overseas, and both are good options! TSP are slightly less expensive from a apples to apples comparison, but like others have said, you have to add in O2 extensions and shipping.

Stainless power come with O2 extensions in the price. If you plan on tuning your car afterwards, you would want to look at JRE Performance and do a SCT handheld with it
And get your tune for FREE! Ted's remote tune is very good! You won't be disappointed with that combination!
Camarojt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #24
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
My understanding is that all of the components of the Stainless Power headers (flanges, pipes, collectors, etc) are manufactured in Ohio at the Stainless Works facility and then they are shipped out to be welded. It is really a best of both worlds solution and that is why the price point is more mid-range. And like has already been brought up, they include everything needed to install them.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:17 PM   #25
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
My understanding is that all of the components of the Stainless Power headers (flanges, pipes, collectors, etc) are manufactured in Ohio at the Stainless Works facility and then they are shipped out to be welded. It is really a best of both worlds solution and that is why the price point is more mid-range. And like has already been brought up, they include everything needed to install them.
That's what I really like about the SPs. Hopefully Jason will post back in here and explain the TSPs.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:56 AM   #26
jon6.0
Going for Plaid

Drives: 2011 C6
Bringing this back up since I'm looking at both. I like that the TSP has a 2" option. I'm more interesting in fit and exhaust leaks with either.

Serviced and modded by Cordes Performance.

2011 C6, 750rwhp, forged LS3, ported LSA heads, Vortech Ti-trim, 227/243 115+4 Lunati cam, ported LS3 intake, Alky Control methanol, Pfadt sways/shocks/trans mounts, Pfadt tri-y headers(Sold 6/28/14)
jon6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:11 PM   #27
dswells11

Drives: 2011 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon6.0 View Post
Bringing this back up since I'm looking at both. I like that the TSP has a 2" option. I'm more interesting in fit and exhaust leaks with either.
I just put the TSPs on. Easy install... pretty much everyone I have talked to hasn't had clearance issues, however there is a select few of us, like myself, where the steering shaft knuckle touches a little on the front primary. Which this isn't really a problem with TSP, as I have seen the same problem posted with other brands as well.

I love them! They sound awesome! I did the 2" option.
I was total of $570 after shipping and o2 extensions.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:49 PM   #28
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
I have 2" TSPs...can't compare against SP but I love the quality on the TSPs!

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote