Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-24-2010, 12:11 PM   #1
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Aftermarket Seat ?

Unfortunately, I find the Camaro seats uncomfortable after a short period of time or I would be driving one by now. So, I'm considering purchasing some aftermarket seats and trying them in a rental Camaro before I order the car. Wedge engineering has brackets that fit the 2010 Camaro, so seats should bolt in. However, removing the seat will disconnect the airbag and the seat position sensors which will cause a CEL. Does anyone have any experience in installing aftermarket seats or in disconnecting these sensors and avoiding the CEL lights??? If not, do you know anybody I could contact? I believe disconnecting the SRS system can be accomplished by using a resistor, but I'm not sure about the position sensor. There are no dealers for seats in my area.

Thanks!
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
kjd15
Finally!!

Drives: '10 2LT Summit white, '68 Camaro
What do you find uncomfortable? Have you experienced the leather or cloth seats?
Just curious, because I find my leather seats very comfy.
kjd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:12 PM   #3
ga0358

Drives: 2010 ABM LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd15 View Post
What do you find uncomfortable? Have you experienced the leather or cloth seats?
Just curious, because I find my leather seats very comfy.

Good question..The seats in my little LS are by FAR the most comfortable car seats I ever sat in! I drove to Key West and back from Vero Beach in a single afternoon and was as comfortable as if I was home in my sofa recliner..Have you tried making adjustments??
ga0358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:21 PM   #4
Snakestang65

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray ZL1
Second month into having my car, I put a 1000 mile non-stop trip on mine... Almost 17 hours of seat time except for bio breaks, fuel and food... followed by a return trip... I have no complaints about the leather seats...

John
Snakestang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:25 PM   #5
Blackhawk6

Drives: Born:18 Sept 2009 #47903
Just drove from Canada to Virginia with out stopping seats are very comfortable I even have back issues and could have driven another 5 hours... 2SS Leather here.
2010 Camaro 2SS________________________________________Litho#140

Blackhawk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:36 PM   #6
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
The leather seats in my Camaro are the most comfortable I've ever had in a car. I have arthritis in my back and I can go on long drives and not be stiff or sore afterward (that never happens in my other car).
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:40 PM   #7
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I think the stock leather seats are comfy, but the question still seems legitimate.

Has anyone tried putting an aftermarket seat in their car? Sparco? Recaro?

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:15 PM   #8
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Well, they are too big for me - normal driving is fine, they are comfy. However, any bit of aggressive driving (not only the track, but back/mountain roads etc), and I slide all over the place. i even use a CG Lock and it helps, but I still would prefer a smaller seat or if they had side bolsters... :(

Oh well...
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:30 PM   #9
Rallyman6

Drives: '10 2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, Roof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
Well, they are too big for me - normal driving is fine, they are comfy. However, any bit of aggressive driving (not only the track, but back/mountain roads etc), and I slide all over the place. i even use a CG Lock and it helps, but I still would prefer a smaller seat or if they had side bolsters... :(

Oh well...

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 470RWHP
Rallyman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:34 PM   #10
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
We redesigned ours. Has a tad more sides the way we did it but I am sure you can add more padding to the sides...

Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:34 PM   #11
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
I haven't seen any aftermarket seats on this forum yet. Sorry about your seats, my lether seats are one of the most comfortable I've ever had.

Good Luck.
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:34 PM   #12
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Not an owner yet but i have rented both cloth and leather equipped camaros and i also thought that the cloth seats had a little more cushioning/padding on the lower seat pad than the leather ones i rented. Or it could be that the leather just was not broken in yet. I still plan to get a 2z/28 and not a 1z/28 due to the equipment levels and trim if judging by the 1ss and 2ss is an indication of things to come.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:11 AM   #13
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Thanks for the responses. I could have explained my issue with the seats is in the original post, but I was just trying to limit TMI. It is likely just me, because as others have said, the seats are more comfortable than the previous edition Camaro's and the current Mustangs. The cover material doesn't make a difference in comfort to me. I have sciatic nerve problems in my right leg and the seat frame pushes against the back of my thigh, and it begins to become painfully uncomfortable after about 15 minutes. The seat pan begins to angle up toward the front where the seat springs attach instead of being flat. I can feel this transition in my right thigh once the foam settles, not my left, so I know it's just me. Most other cars I've sat in have flat seat bottoms with angled foam instead and do not have this problem for me. Dealing with the hassle of installing non OEM seats is something I'd like to avoid, but I really want a new Camaro. Hopefully I can find someone who can answer these questions, but I've only seen modded OEM seats installed in a Camaro.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:21 AM   #14
phenixdragon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I do think the OEM seats suck. Going around corners, not even that hard, my butt slides around where I never had that happen with various other cars, being a Mustang, RSX, TL, even a 98 Cutlass.
phenixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote