Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 06-20-2018, 09:01 AM   #43
TheRedhead

Drives: 2018 Red Hot ZL1 1LE
Maybe I am a sucker, but I ordered the car as soon as I could and paid sticker, minus about $1600 in rebates.

However, I do think mine is 1 of 1 built because of the fuel door. I could be wrong.

I was told I couldn't have the Red Hot Fuel Door from factory.

Built!
TheRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:19 AM   #44
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Talk about unreliable...The 350 is pretty much a guaranteed blown engine if you do any kind of tracking. Oil issues, trans issues...The list goes on. I would avoid it myself.
I second that motion on the GT350. With hard driving I was burning a quart every 500 miles. I don't drive my cars soft. That is the point I thought. Can you imagine what the engine would be like after 50,000 miles of that? That is a hundred quarts of oil, burned!!!!! Jeezzzz,

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:22 AM   #45
devnull
Scientific negotiator

Drives: 2019 Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedhead View Post
Maybe I am a sucker, but I ordered the car as soon as I could and paid sticker, minus about $1600 in rebates.

However, I do think mine is 1 of 1 built because of the fuel door. I could be wrong.

I was told I couldn't have the Red Hot Fuel Door from factory.
I wouldn't say that at all. When these suckers first came out I tried to buy one at sticker and they just weren't there, so I went with another vette.

What's the deal with your fuel door? Just curious

Matthew 25:40

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:39 AM   #46
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
I got 11053 off an ordered car that came in with 2 miles on it.
Disclaimer that includes all rebates incentives and my gm card points
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:13 AM   #47
S.T.A.R.

Drives: 18'-1LE
I walked into the dealer (Bob Weaver) on Friday July 7th, they told me 67k (no PDR) (ZL1-1LE) without hesitation. The order was officially placed on Monday, July 10th.

Last edited by S.T.A.R.; 06-20-2018 at 10:26 AM.
S.T.A.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:21 AM   #48
DANACO

Drives: 18 ZL1
My 18’ ZL1 listed for $66900, paid $61000
DANACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:23 AM   #49
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANACO View Post
My 18’ ZL1 listed for $66900, paid $61000
OP wants prices on 1LE.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:55 PM   #50
unixadm

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtag View Post
You received a $6400 discount + the 4,000 incentivized General Motors money.

As I said your tax credit is thousands from your trade. Do you know what a tax credit is?

It makes sense. In theory you received the discount. Essentially money was moved around. Yes you received a good deal. If you did not have a trade-in & were writing a check you would not have have got anywhere close to that. This is how misconceptions get started & customers start thinking they can get 12 K off a car.

I am friends with devnull and went with him after work on the day he bought it,

He actually originally went to look at a Black ZL1. They already gave him a the number on the trade in for his Vette trade which is basically what he had paid for it. When we got there, he saw the White ZL1/1LE and had the sales guy pull both up.

I was there for the negotiations, and his Vette trade in wasn't a part of the price negotiations, (although the sales guy of course knew he was planning on trading it based on his previous conversations with him, so that probably affected how much he was willing to discount). All the trade in did was reduce the amount of Georgia Ad Valorum tax paid. Once he got the price to where he wanted, had devnull said "you know what, I think I will keep my vette and give it to by good friend here for a birthday present", I think the sales guy would given him a bit of a hard time about it, but would have honored the $61k on the ZL1/1LE since they were only talking bottom line car price with 900 miles on it, no trade in, no financing. Had that happened, devnull just would have paid a few thousand more in taxes on that bottom line (Hey devnull...why DIDN'T you do that???)

Had I not been there, I wouldn't have believed that price either! He had asked me my opinion on the Black ZL1 (with sunroof but no PDR) or White ZL1/1LE (with PDR but 900 miles), I told him I would go with the ZL1/1LE in a heartbeat, especially at that price!

unixadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:10 PM   #51
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixadm View Post
I am friends with devnull and went with him after work on the day he bought it,

He actually originally went to look at a Black ZL1. They already gave him a the number on the trade in for his Vette trade which is basically what he had paid for it. When we got there, he saw the White ZL1/1LE and had the sales guy pull both up.

I was there for the negotiations, and his Vette trade in wasn't a part of the price negotiations, (although the sales guy of course knew he was planning on trading it based on his previous conversations with him, so that probably affected how much he was willing to discount). All the trade in did was reduce the amount of Georgia Ad Valorum tax paid. Once he got the price to where he wanted, had devnull said "you know what, I think I will keep my vette and give it to by good friend here for a birthday present", I think the sales guy would given him a bit of a hard time about it, but would have honored the $61k on the ZL1/1LE since they were only talking bottom line car price with 900 miles on it, no trade in, no financing. Had that happened, devnull just would have paid a few thousand more in taxes on that bottom line (Hey devnull...why DIDN'T you do that???)

Had I not been there, I wouldn't have believed that price either! He had asked me my opinion on the Black ZL1 (with sunroof but no PDR) or White ZL1/1LE (with PDR but 900 miles), I told him I would go with the ZL1/1LE in a heartbeat, especially at that price!

Curious if this was a new car, a dealer demo or a used car returned by a previous owner. There seems to be a few miles on the vehicle and this is an amazing price. I am just thinking that there must be another piece to the transaction that I don't understand.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:15 PM   #52
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
No misconception, a big part of it was the 900 miles it had on it. I doubt you'd see that again.

Wow...
Here in NJ, if a vehicle has over 600 miles, then it cannot be sold as "new" even if it was never registered. I'm not sure if it is different in any other state. But that is what I know from here. And I've seen it that if a vehicle is "new" but has over 300 miles then you should be negotiating a lower price. So while it was never registered to someone, in some states it also wouldn't be considered a "new" car since it had 900 miles on it when you bought it. That could account for the lower price. It wasn't technically a discount, they had to sell it as "used" or whatever term they have for it. Not knocking you, but there are reasons for every discounted price. If that isn't the case in your state then I guess I'm wrong. Either way you got an awesome deal!! You basically got it cheaper than a lot of us got the standard ZL1 for!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:25 PM   #53
Chris Edwards

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Any idea how hard a 1Le would get worked during 900 test drive miles? That ol girl would have been barebacked and put away wet undoubtedly. A good deal is interpretive. It's not all in the dollar signs.
Chris Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:35 PM   #54
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Edwards View Post
Any idea how hard a 1Le would get worked during 900 test drive miles? That ol girl would have been barebacked and put away wet undoubtedly. A good deal is interpretive. It's not all in the dollar signs.
These comments crack me up. This isn't the 1960's or 1960's tech.

Cars are built so well now with oil that is so advanced, even if it was driven hard, it is like a drop of water in a huge ass pool in the big picture of things.

All mechanical parts are tested in the post manufactoring process before they go out into the real world anyways.

The only thing that at 900 miles I would care about , especially on the 1LE, is tire wear. At 900 miles, that's probably like 20% to 25% tire wear.
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:21 PM   #55
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Here are 14 used ZL1 1LE. Get' tum while they are hot!!

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...List=CAM%7CZL1

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:16 PM   #56
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Edwards View Post
The car was built for the track. It was built to be driven hard. Those 900 miles were probably test drives and maybe demo and maybe a few people had a little fun in it. Either way it is still under warranty. Anything happens and it gets repaired at no cost to the owner. Plus if he was looking to get rid of the car before the warranty expires then he got even more of an incredible deal. And considering how many people on here talk about how they drive the shit out of the car anyway right off the lot, I'd say he has nothing to worry about. GM built a rock solid car and 900 miles of abuse is nothing. Of course this all assumes the car was abused. A lot of these dealerships do not let their employees abuse these cars like it's an SS. And they don't often let people test drive unless they already signed for it. Most likely it was used for the purposes of showing people what to expect from the ZL1 1LE. There are many of these cars used for this purpose. If you find one then you'll get a crazy deal and it is well worth it. If he gets rid of it in a month then he'll have paid nothing for it considering he bought it at or around it's used value.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote