Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-03-2017, 03:14 PM   #15
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Depends on the availability of replacement parts. It's going to be hard keeping these things running 30 years from now if all the electronics are dead and there aren't any replacement parts.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:18 PM   #16
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
The television show CHiPs helped wipe out a lot of the old Camaros.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:41 PM   #17
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Anything can be classic if it's old enough, and it's in good enough shape. But with the production volumes that they're doing on any of the mainstream cars means it's not gonna be a classic for a long, long time.
There are lots of old cars that are just old. Doesn't make them classics.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 04:19 PM   #18
TDevilsG

Drives: 2013 2LT Victory Red LFX
Not sure if it will become a classic or not, but the car is just a powerhouse particularly the v8. After the 5th gen I can't believe how much quicker and tighter the steering is.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
TDevilsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 04:44 PM   #19
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Depends on the availability of replacement parts. It's going to be hard keeping these things running 30 years from now if all the electronics are dead and there aren't any replacement parts.
This comes to mind. I highly doubt he LCD cluster and touchscreen will last a very long time. Let alone performing the repair on it if needed
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 04:51 PM   #20
Marty McFlew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan268 View Post
This comes to mind. I highly doubt he LCD cluster and touchscreen will last a very long time. Let alone performing the repair on it if needed
If the USA is still here in one piece 30 years from now I am sure plenty of aftermarket shops will be still working to keep them running. The key is ..what will become of America in the next 30 years.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:09 PM   #21
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
hard to say.an early mustang is a classic even with a 6 cylinder and despite the fact that they built a ton of them.i think all camaro gens will certainly hold value better than a prius or honda.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:11 PM   #22
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Every time a new car comes out that someone really likes and probably has bought one, they like the design well enough to feel for sure it's destined to be 'a classic' or 'highly collectible'.
That's just an expression of how much WE like it.

There's no way to tell if it's unique enough to make it a future 'classic'.

A long time ago I bout a used convertible just because I liked it. Had it for a number of years, managed to get in an accident where it bent the frame, tried to get the frame repaired only to find out it was so weak from all the years of it being in Michigan, it couldn't be repaired. Finally ended up selling the car to a friend for around $700 or so. This was all back in the early 80's.

Years later I discovered that what I had had, was a 1964 Malibu SS Convertible.
The first year of the Malibu, An SS version, AND the first year of the convertible.
The value of that car has gone up ever since.

I now have a 2013 ZL1 convertible, The first year of the new 5th gen ZL1 convertible, and 1 of 303 triple black M6 2013 ZL1 convertibles.

Does that mean IT's value will some day start to increase? Possible, but I don't care. I'm going to enjoy the heck out of driving it each summer, and I'm old enough, it'll never be a 'class' or 'collectible' In my lifetime.

I'm hear to enjoy the permigrin.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:20 PM   #23
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
this is dumb...since the model name is already a collectors car, every single year is going to be a classic once it reaches classic registration status. By being a collectors car, ever year is going to ensure it's considered classic and antique when appropriate among talk as well. It's not like the terms antique and classic are fixed decades. they're rolling names to an age range.

the only way any year camaro wont at some point be called a classic is if nobody collects camaro's in the future so nobody cares to talk about them.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:04 PM   #24
Marty McFlew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
this is dumb...since the model name is already a collectors car, every single year is going to be a classic once it reaches classic registration status. By being a collectors car, ever year is going to ensure it's considered classic and antique when appropriate among talk as well. It's not like the terms antique and classic are fixed decades. they're rolling names to an age range.

the only way any year camaro wont at some point be called a classic is if nobody collects camaro's in the future so nobody cares to talk about them.

A 82 Camaro is not a Classic, probably will never hold any real value as a collector car.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:29 AM   #25
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
If they do make it to classic status so much for us as most will be dead...Do you honestly think that whomever you will your car to will give a damn???

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 12:46 AM   #26
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
these cars are going to be rare in 25 30 years. The electronics in them wont last that long. the will be on there 2 or 3rd electrical system by then. All classics were mass produced so that has nothing to do with becoming a classic.
Most will be beaten to crap and in junk yards buy kids buying them in 10 years.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:06 AM   #27
maraging

Drives: 15 1ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
these cars are going to be rare in 25 30 years. The electronics in them wont last that long. the will be on there 2 or 3rd electrical system by then. All classics were mass produced so that has nothing to do with becoming a classic.
Most will be beaten to crap and in junk yards buy kids buying them in 10 years.
They are that unreliable? Thats like saying all the cars from the 90s are scrap because their electronics quit working. Dumb
maraging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:09 AM   #28
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
and how many cars from the 90s do you see. these have 3 times the electronics on them.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote