Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-12-2017, 01:09 PM   #15
irmb

Drives: Camaro SS
The car had died on me no few than a dozen times. Ended up buying a new battery out of pocket, since their tester said nothing was wrong. Now this battery is dead, too. The dealer is finally getting the message that something is up, but they don't know what.

So my car is in the shop till they figure it out.
irmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:18 PM   #16
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by irmb View Post
The car had died on me no few than a dozen times. Ended up buying a new battery out of pocket, since their tester said nothing was wrong. Now this battery is dead, too. The dealer is finally getting the message that something is up, but they don't know what.

So my car is in the shop till they figure it out.
I wonder what the amps are on the ground. Sounds like you have a short somewhere or a bad alternator (or the conductors to the battery).
Old 04-12-2017, 01:19 PM   #17
irmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdasnt3 View Post
I wonder what the amps are on the ground. Sounds like you have a short somewhere or a bad alternator (or the conductors to the battery).
Alternator checks out. Think it's the computer
Old 04-12-2017, 01:23 PM   #18
Blazin383

Drives: 2016 SS
I've had a whole bunch of cars, trucks, and motorcycles in the past 40 years, and have very rarely ever had a problem with a battery that wasn't at the end of its expected service life. Most have lasted well past their service life.
The battery in my one year old 2SS didn't make it through its first winter storage, despite being on a quality battery tender all winter. More accurately, it made it through the winter just fine, but after I drove it the first time this spring the battery took a complete dump and wouldn't accept a charge at all.

I assume it's just a freak bad battery, and the dealership replaced the battery and performed a complete check of the charging system under warranty, but I sure hope it was a one time deal. Quickest way for a car to find it's way out of my garage forever is to leave me...or, worse yet, my wife, stranded somewhere!

After having to jump start the car a couple times, I was left wondering why Chevy would go to the trouble of engineering the under-hood jump/charge arrangement and provide a pencil sized Positive terminal to try and connect a booster cable clamp to. At least the Negative post is hefty enough to clamp to, but the Positive post is hard to get any kind of clamp on!
Blazin383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:36 PM   #19
maraging

Drives: 15 1ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
Mine's been mostly fine. Interior rattles I dont consider a problem since _EVERY SINGLE YEAR_ of camaros for as long as i've been a member of various camaro forums have had people complain about rattles. Just as buyers likely do for nearly every car.

You find them, tighten up whatever is rattling and move on. Not everything is going to be glued/separated by felt or soft rubber.

You could look at Chevy quality like this: They're super confident so they dont have much of a QC department. Would you rather have confident workers building your car or people who are pretty sure they're screwing things up so they need an entire department to check their work? I think the choice is clear.
That is some of the dumbest stuff ive read on here.
maraging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:09 PM   #20
Drags1998

Drives: 15 SilveradoLTZ,162SSVert BlazerRS
I'm with You^^^^^
Drags1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:34 PM   #21
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
I have had a couple of dead batteries. I had one on an XF that was less than 2 months old. Dead in the garage. Owner's manual in glove box. Glove box is electronic, no touch. Couldn't find the key access after we called Jaguar to find out where the keys were (first generation of hidden keys in key fob).

Ok we got that sorted out and the car started. Kind of a hassle for a bit. In the bigger picture, a few hours were invested in learning keys, hidden key holes and such.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 04:21 PM   #22
init4fun

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary
Guys you're not making me feel all warm and fuzzy about my new purchase. Really don't want to go through the hassle of dealing with the small stuff. Yes I understand IT small stuff but coming from a line of Toyota daily drivers I haven't had to put up with this kind of thing and honestly if Toyota can do it KY then why can't Chevy do it in MI.?

I'm hoping these little annoyances don't happen to me but there is a reason I kept the DD.
init4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:35 PM   #23
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
OP- Check out http://prioritystart.com This thing has saved me numerous times.
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:44 AM   #24
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer2 View Post
What is Chevy gonna do about this?

Im betting they replace your battery.
That is exactly what I was thinking.
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:38 AM   #25
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Bad batteries seem to be a problem with various car companies. As posted the battery comes from a supplier. Gets delivered line side gets installed by a associate..done deal. And to the member posting about quality. Engineers have nothing to do with assembly. Its totally on the worker to ensure quality...and fit finish at their process. There are builtin safeguards to help ensure quality fit /finish. The vehicle goes through vigorous checks before leaving the line. If you do shabby work at your process the guy at the next process will be effected.Operation Standards posted line side show what the process is.....and how the workmanship should be carried out. The Gm worker as well as any other auto worker has to show pride in their work.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:02 AM   #26
irmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromike77 View Post
That is exactly what I was thinking.
If you read my post, I had to replace my battery out of pocket.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:03 AM   #27
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Is the car going to sleep? It seems like something is keeping the car from shutting down, If it's not the battery.

You have absolutely no mods on this car at all , whatsoever?
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 10:12 AM   #28
irmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Is the car going to sleep? It seems like something is keeping the car from shutting down, If it's not the battery.

You have absolutely no mods on this car at all , whatsoever?
Wheels, tires and lowering springs. That's all

Edit - I originally posted this because I saw several other people talking about slow start and dying battery issues- and it appeared to me to be a common and well known problem. It could easily have been confirmation bias.

Now it's looking like my car has a much less common problem. We still don't know what it is yet. I'll update when we find out.

Last edited by irmb; 04-13-2017 at 10:23 AM.