Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-09-2017, 01:27 PM   #1
SSDanny

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
Is a catback worth it?

Since I have the NPP fuse pulled and I'm putting in my headers in next week, I was wondering if noise wise, it's worth getting a full catback or should I just get an x-pipe? Will the X-pipe get rid of that crunched up part of the exhaust?
SSDanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 03:00 PM   #2
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDanny View Post
Since I have the NPP fuse pulled and I'm putting in my headers in next week, I was wondering if noise wise, it's worth getting a full catback or should I just get an x-pipe? Will the X-pipe get rid of that crunched up part of the exhaust?
With headers going in already I would go ahead and do the full exhaust. Get it all done at once. Just my thoughts but that's what I would do. I do know people who have headers with the NPP and yeah it sounds better but not as good as full exhaust to me.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 03:13 PM   #3
dotfiles
@SS_1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
You'll gain a good amount of volume/tone with headers alone. It would be easier to do full exhaust at the same time but you might want to see how you like the sound of headers and NPP first.
Old 07-09-2017, 03:19 PM   #4
BowtieRocket

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS- M6
Personally I am waiting until I can do catback along with headers. Soon...very soon...
Old 07-09-2017, 04:39 PM   #5
SSDanny

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
I'd like to jump to a full catback along with it, but I don't want to waste the money if I have the fuse pulled anyways and the only restrictive part ( noise wise ) after I get the headers will be the x-pipe since I'm bypassing the mufflers. Unless the 2.75 inch piping after the x-pipe is really that much of a difference.
SSDanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 04:43 PM   #6
BowtieRocket

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS- M6
With headers and free flowing cats/catless, you're going to want mufflers. NPP open when you want it loud, but that will get old quick if you drive the car more than once in awhile. I am going with a 3" AFE catback with NPP function
Old 07-09-2017, 11:26 PM   #7
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
build your self a mild2wild switch for the NPP. i havent put headers on yet but i have drone with the NPP turned off. its only going to be worse with headers. There no hp gain with a cat back just more noise.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 11:48 AM   #8
marknagy13
Markoon13

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Hell ya. I did MBRP catback and it was 100% worth it to get rid of that terrible suitcase muffler.