Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-07-2017, 09:12 PM   #29
TybeeSS

Drives: 2017 2SS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Beltran View Post

My best is 4.5 bone stock. What is the fastest it can do bone stock really?
I can get there in 4.3 and my car weighs 200+ pounds more than the coupe. With the A8 and the coupe 3.9-4.1 should be easily possible.
TybeeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 09:15 PM   #30
TybeeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arynthian View Post

WE DID IT BOYS! IT FELT SO GOOD Little bit of tire spin but it sounded so nice, (i come from a diesel jetta that i thought was quick) I did it in track mode, which is better track or sport?
I LOVE THE SOUND!
Good run and I bet with practice you can do better. Traction and launch control is your friend. Also, you will see a drop in time once this unbearable heat lets up.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:20 PM   #31
Arynthian

Drives: White 2017 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TybeeSS View Post
Good run and I bet with practice you can do better. Traction and launch control is your friend. Also, you will see a drop in time once this unbearable heat lets up.
What do you mean by "launch control"? I got some wheel spin and the car hooked and went slightly left but it wasnt uncontrollable by any means which surprised me and always had me worried about flooring a car.
So what is "launch control"
Arynthian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 05:13 AM   #32
TybeeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arynthian View Post
What do you mean by "launch control"? I got some wheel spin and the car hooked and went slightly left but it wasnt uncontrollable by any means which surprised me and always had me worried about flooring a car.
So what is "launch control"
Check out the manual on the specifics but if you put the car in sport or track and then press the traction control button twice, the car enters "competitive driving mode". You will see a message pop up on the center display.
Once there, press the brake hard and then floor the car quickly and fully. You cannot give it just a little gas you need to quickly floor it while keeping the brake fully depressed. Once you do that the car will lurch a bit but settle around 2k rpms. You can then start your timer and let off the brake and the car will control wheel spin as you launch.

One side note here-I would not recommend driving around normally in compettiive driving mode since it turns off your traction and stability control. Its great to do a zero to 60 run but be sure to hit the traction contol button to turn it off when done.
Old 07-08-2017, 10:45 AM   #33
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99BEN View Post
I now have a 6M 2SS and haven't tried yet but I could get a 4.2-4.5 0-60 all day in the A8 SS I had without really launching any kind of special way.
I'd usually be in competitive mode, putting my foot, modulating some to deal with wheel spin if any.. Air and fuel quality could make some difference. High altitude definitely which I doubt that is your issue at your location. The 0-40 in your video looked at tad slow to me.
I think the problem with the manual at least for mine which is the V6 is the tires losing traction even when I shift from 1st to 2nd at wot it will chirp the tires which is crazy for a V6 but not great for 0 to 60
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote