Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 02-11-2018, 09:44 PM   #15
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Tank Plates vs Bray Krause Eyelets

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbbl be View Post
I went with planted seat brackets and they are very secure,,, here are a few pics of the whole set-up.

brey Krause/ cipher seats/ sparco 4 point harness/ custom made fire ext mount and the nicest fire ext. on the planet safecraft.

also rear seat delete I made as well !
Bangin interior brother and are you using the BK eyelets or a tank plate for your lap belts?
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:52 AM   #16
bmbbl be

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
Bangin interior brother and are you using the BK eyelets or a tank plate for your lap belts?
thanks ! I am using the brey/Krause eyelets,
bmbbl be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 02:05 PM   #17
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Sorry guys just saw this. Both my planted brackets rock back and forth, my buddy also has em on 2013 1LE same stuff. However, the spacer does the trick. I ll post pics when home since my car is tore up again but once I use the small plate spacers zero rocking and it works fine. I literally took some aluminum sheet, wrapped in electrical tape and thats it, 2 min fix.

I ll also show you why this happens, poor jigging by Planted, pics coming soon
Old 03-26-2018, 06:46 PM   #18
Mgizzle

Alright here are pics.

First pictures of driver seat and why they rock. As you can see one side of the hooks in front are welded to bracket with a small gap. 1-2mm. You can see brown/sandy debrii between bracket and hook piece welded on. Other side the hooks are flush with planted flat bracket, no gap. So same part (hooks) one welded with gap one not.

How do I know this is the problem? Well, There is a square slot behind each hook bracket, that captures the floor sheet metal. See third picture, zoom in and pic 4 of actual slot. I then take a spacer I made (picture 5) and jam it into that slot and the floor, lifting that end of the hooks. Zero rocking with a single spacer like that (picture 6).

Thats it solid as a rock zero slack. Also, sliders suk. I bought Sabelt sliders and even sparcos all same junk that has incredible wiggle, way more than planted bracket. So the horrid video of seat moving from vorschlag is slider too but I do admit their planted bracket moves way more than mine. I had sliders even after fixing seat bracket, impossible to drive. When u drive at track seat moves on sliders u leas you bolt all belts of harness to behicle body and the belts pushing you into floor stop the slack. Screw that. All my lower harmesses I attach to planted brackets and you can debate whats better. I dont want a belt ripping into me when the body and seat belt mount moves inches away from seat during crash, crushing me.

Hope this helps. Also bonus pic of gutted interior..... time for some paint and harness deetiin work oh man I cant wait to see how much she weighs. Took entire hvac out, radio and all that, just steel bar holding steering column left and that was cut a tad too to get mass down. Firewall is open to engine so need to rivet aome plate to get rid of holes.
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2018, 07:02 AM   #19
Lonewolf583
Apex Predator

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Rally Yellow
Thread Jack: Holy crap dude what's your curb weight?

Beating physics into submission since 1991.

Lonewolf583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 10:55 PM   #20
Mgizzle

Will find out soon I hope. Hoping it will be in the 3450lbs. Still on stock wheels and GY tires, headers and exhaust and clutch. Goal is 3300 slowly but surely as I keep on modding. Took out 50pbs over winter, braille 21 lbs battery another 25lbs and I lost 30lbs myself too lol. More to come, wiring is all over car dangling around.
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2018, 09:06 AM   #21
Lonewolf583
Apex Predator

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Rally Yellow
Impressive, well did. I just paid mine off so I'll be going down that road here pretty shortly.

I remember seeing some PWC and TA builds get way down there, but that requires sawzalls and carbon. Maybe someday

Ok, you can have the thread back lol

Beating physics into submission since 1991.

Lonewolf583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 10:35 AM   #22
ZapperZ

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE 2022 GMC AT4 HD
That's a bada$$ Scooter you have there...
ZapperZ is offline   Reply With Quote