Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-27-2019, 05:11 PM   #1
Dbunch9

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Questions on engine building school

Not sure if this is the right area to post but im interested in learning how to assemble GM engines or really any engines for that matter and im wondering if anyone on here knows any good schools or classes to take? I see Reher Morrison has a weekend class and ETC racing programs has a weekend class specific to GM engines but learning all of that over the course of a weekend just seems impossible to me. Are their better options out there and are these options good or bad? And input would be great thanks - Dylan
Dbunch9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:25 PM   #2
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
If this is something you want to do for a living I would suggest this: http://samtech.edu/

I build engines for a living and wish I had gone here to get started. I’d be a lot further ahead in the long run.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:32 AM   #3
Dbunch9

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I don't necessarily think i want to build engines for a living but i would like to own my own performance shop and i feel like if i could assemble bottom ends and setup up valvetrains correctly, that would get me a long way not having to ship blocks to people who can.
Dbunch9 is offline   Reply With Quote