Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-23-2014, 02:07 PM   #1
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Service stabilitrack reduced engine power message

I had a weird thing happen this morning.
I had been driving my car, made a few stops then stopped to get gas about a mile from my house. After getting gas I drove home, when I pulled up in the driveway, I put the car in park and started to raise the top. When I did I heard the chime go off, I looked at my display and then service stabilitrac message same on and reduce engine power message. Sure enough all the lights for traction control and stabilitrac were on. I shut the car off, waited a few seconds and restarted it. The messages and lights came back on. I shut it off again and went into my house to get the code reader.
Before plugging it in I started the car again, this time there was no message and no stabilitrac light on, but the service engine light was still on. I shut the car off and plugged in the code reader. Turned the ignition to the on position, I then read the code. It was for the fuel rail A pressure sensor. I reset the service engine light and restarted the car, no lights or messages. I drove the car around for about 30 minutes and everything is working fine.
Has anyone else had this happen? Did it happen again?
Old 04-24-2014, 10:54 PM   #2
SAtownCAMARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/1995 LT1 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I had a weird thing happen this morning.
I had been driving my car, made a few stops then stopped to get gas about a mile from my house. After getting gas I drove home, when I pulled up in the driveway, I put the car in park and started to raise the top. When I did I heard the chime go off, I looked at my display and then service stabilitrac message same on and reduce engine power message. Sure enough all the lights for traction control and stabilitrac were on. I shut the car off, waited a few seconds and restarted it. The messages and lights came back on. I shut it off again and went into my house to get the code reader.
Before plugging it in I started the car again, this time there was no message and no stabilitrac light on, but the service engine light was still on. I shut the car off and plugged in the code reader. Turned the ignition to the on position, I then read the code. It was for the fuel rail A pressure sensor. I reset the service engine light and restarted the car, no lights or messages. I drove the car around for about 30 minutes and everything is working fine.
Has anyone else had this happen? Did it happen again?
I have been having the same issue for awhile. Still trying to figure out exactly what the cause is. There are several threads on it if you search around and a lot of different causes. Hopefully yours is something simple but it my case it has been quite the opposite and has come back repeatedly. Some of the root causes that you will find will be throttle body related, gas pedal, Maf/Map sensor, faulty ECM, loose connections, bad gas, dirty filters, all types of things. Maybe best thing is to take it to the dealer if it comes back. Hope this helps.
SAtownCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:59 PM   #3
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAtownCAMARO View Post
I have been having the same issue for awhile. Still trying to figure out exactly what the cause is. There are several threads on it if you search around and a lot of different causes. Hopefully yours is something simple but it my case it has been quite the opposite and has come back repeatedly. Some of the root causes that you will find will be throttle body related, gas pedal, Maf/Map sensor, faulty ECM, loose connections, bad gas, dirty filters, all types of things. Maybe best thing is to take it to the dealer if it comes back. Hope this helps.
I did search but didn't find this exact issue...how often does it happen to you? I drove it some more today and a everything is still OK.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:03 PM   #4
Jimbabwe

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
I had that message and lights come on, it wanted to die at idle, but ran ok with throttle. I did bring it in to the dealer and they said that it was a loose spark plug wire. So I agree with SAtown, there are a lot of things that seem to cause that seemingly unrelated message.
Jimbabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:23 PM   #5
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbabwe View Post
I had that message and lights come on, it wanted to die at idle, but ran ok with throttle. I did bring it in to the dealer and they said that it was a loose spark plug wire. So I agree with SAtown, there are a lot of things that seem to cause that seemingly unrelated message.
I am more wanting to know what the service engine OBD error code was. That tells more than just the lights and messages on the DIC does, lots of things can cause those, but the OBD error codes are fairly specific. Like mine was for the A side fuel rail pressure sensor.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:26 PM   #6
ramiloutfi

Drives: Camaro ZL 550 SLP
If the error code is P0606 then you have to change your ECU / ECM. Just had to go through this two days ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cold-Air Inductions® System | ARH 1 7/8" Headers w/o Cats | SLP PowerFlo-X Crossover Pipe | SLP Powerflo Axle Back Exhaust | TVS2300 Magnacharger w/ 3.0" pulley | NEP 223/235 Custom Cam | Lunati Gold Dual Valve Springs | Manley 7.400" Pushrods | Injector Dynamics ID850 Injectors | Nick Williams 102MM FBW Throttlebody | Eibach springs w/ 1" drop | SLP Adjustable sway bars | Forgestar F14 20" | Nitto NT555R tires | Baer Drilled & Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Break Pads | Lingenfelter 3.91 Gear Kit
ramiloutfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:30 PM   #7
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Quote:
I am more wanting to know what the service engine OBD error code was. That tells more than just the lights and messages on the DIC does, lots of things can cause those, but the OBD error codes are fairly specific. Like mine was for the A side fuel rail pressure sensor.
Sounds like you've done your homework and have possible culprit in hand. Let the dealer service rep know what you know and let them fix it. It is still under warranty....right?
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:33 PM   #8
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramiloutfi View Post
If the error code is P0606 then you have to change your ECU / ECM. Just had to go through this two days ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely not the code for the ECM.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:36 PM   #9
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRS View Post
Sounds like you've done your homework and have possible culprit in hand. Let the dealer service rep know what you know and let them fix it. It is still under warranty....right?
Yeah under warranty but these type intermittent issues are things the dealer have a hard time repairing correctly. Last time I had something like this on a car the first time they just reset the MIL and said if it happens again bring it back...
Old 04-24-2014, 11:46 PM   #10
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Quote:
Yeah under warranty but these type intermittent issues are things the dealer have a hard time repairing correctly. Last time I had something like this on a car the first time they just reset the MIL and said if it happens again bring it back...
I hear you....electronic glitches are not fun. But hey, maybe it 'is' the A bank fuel rail sensor. I'd get a price on one just for GP from a dealer parts dept. and pray for an eager to please service dept.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:36 PM   #11
SAtownCAMARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/1995 LT1 Corvette
Quote:
I did search but didn't find this exact issue...how often does it happen to you? I drove it some more today and a everything is still OK.
If you search "engine power is reduced" on google, you should find several links on there. You can also add the word "Camaro" to narrow it down some. Mine is throwing a P0641 code. But when I took it to my performance shop, they cleared it and it threw a different code the next time around. As far as how often....Sometimes it will go about a week...sometimes no more than a day. Getting ready to throw a supercharger on it though and see iif it keeps happening.
SAtownCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:01 AM   #12
Crazyhorse6901
Turbine Maker

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT-RS "LFX"V6
Code P0300 cylinder one had a misfire... Stealership reset, ran a test and found nothing.
Crazyhorse6901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:54 AM   #13
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
I just went through an issue where the service engine light would flash on and off for about 20 seconds or so after an acceleration. The day before my appointment with the dealership it happened, plus the Service Stabilitrak warning came up on the DIC. When I took it to the dealership, they found the P0300 code for the misfires, and concluded after talking to a regional person that the Stabilitrak code was just a side error of the misfire, letting me know that the extra control is disabled.

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:23 AM   #14
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

I've been driving it quite a bit the last few days and so far it has not returned. Keeping my fingers crossed.