Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Phastek Performance

Old 04-06-2020, 06:40 AM   #15
That1guy_tim

Drives: Camaro 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
Not to chime in from out of nowhere - and not sure if you want to stick to 19's or have 20" wheels available, but if you have some 20" wheels, take a look at the GY Supercar F3s.

I know that the older supercar tires kind of have a bad rap, especially the run flats, but I do a bit of autocross and road coarse work myself, and my car came with these (18' 1LE) and they have serious side bite. Especially when it gets warm.

I have a group of friends that I hit these events with, and my car is by far the most on power (E85 and a blower) so I am challenged right out of the gate, but I hold my own. What is most interesting (they run the autocross - "cheater" 200TW tires like the Bridgestones), when the weather gets hot, their tires really get greasy. The SCF3s get better and better, especially when the weather is over 90deg.

They were really designed for Road Coarse not AutoX, with the difference being heat. I think the tires like the RE-71R and Rivals, which are focused on AutoX work extremely well in short runs at lower speeds, once they get hot can get greasy. The SCF3 was focused on long runs with real high speed corners. Ive pitched my car across the sweeper at BIR at 140+mph in 95 degree weather with 113 deg track temp and it is like a cat on velcro.

At times TireRack will have them on sale for $240 for 305/30R20s -
Thanks for the info DorkMissle!
That1guy_tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 02:19 PM   #16
tmalaquin

Drives: Blue ss 1le 18
Vredestein tires are a good alternative to premium brands in Europe, especially for German cars
Never bought them but I heard good stuff.
Not sure if I would use them for track only, they don't have the R compound.
I would recommend them for DD
tmalaquin is offline   Reply With Quote