Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-11-2018, 10:28 AM   #1
ChevyCav

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Not happy at all...

So last night some douchebag decides to J-walk forcing me to slam on my brakes...okay whatever cool. However my buddy in the passenger seat proceeds to roll down the window as I start to drive away and screams "F*** you P***Y!" This dude in retaliation decides to scream back and approach my car and kicks it causing a dent above the passenger side wheel well. My buddy decides to pretty much almost get completely out the car to fight this guy but being that I was in Atlantic City, I have a state Job and can't afford to be arrested ever, I sped off and just filed a police report, for which they probably will never catch the guy even with thousands of cameras placed around the city.

In hindsight, I wish we got out the car because it disgusts me that someone can completely disrespect someone else's property especially when I was just the driver and did not say/do anything aka teaching that guy a lesson on respect. My buddy felt really bad and said he'll pay for the damages, I told it its all good man it could've been worse we could be arrested or who knows what kind of man that person was and could've had a concealed weapon or whatever. My question to the Camaro6 members is if I file a claim on my insurance ($500 deductible) would my rates go up? Like it wasn't my fault whatsoever...this dude literally vandalized my car. Also here are some attached pictures...if I don't file a claim how much would the estimated damage be? I think I did the right thing keeping a leveled head and just calling the police.
ChevyCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:30 AM   #2
ChevyCav

Heres the picture...clearly see the boot mark
Attached Images

Old 03-11-2018, 10:31 AM   #3
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
dont file with your insurance and let your buddy pay for it. he's an idiot for getting involved....
find a new friend.....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:33 AM   #4
jaysonstuart

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
All I see is the foot print. I can't see any dent.

(edit) Oh now I see it, yeah as Glen said your buddy is an idiot. He should be paying for the damage IMO.
jaysonstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:38 AM   #5
CRF8
Scenic City Camaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL-1 /1974 Firebird 400
Agree, buddy needs to pay

2017 Camaro 2SS
Old 03-11-2018, 10:42 AM   #6
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
You did the right thing by driving away. It could have been ugly from either side if you would have stayed and got out. As others said, don't do the insurance claim have your buddy pay out of pocket as the F*ck you part was his mistake that led to a asshole kicking your car. Personally i would have lost my mind and been in jail already...
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:46 AM   #7
ChevyCav

Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
You did the right thing by driving away. It could have been ugly from either side if you would have stayed and got out. As others said, don't do the insurance claim have your buddy pay out of pocket as the F*ck you part was his mistake that led to a asshole kicking your car. Personally i would have lost my mind and been in jail already...
Lol Bro like I said in hindsight after seeing the actual dent I was a fired up.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:47 AM   #8
ChevyCav

Also, I don't want it to break his bank obviously he's still my boy, why shouldn't I file with insurance? I'm hoping my rates would not go up being that I had no part in this situation. Also I figure it'll cost more than the $500 deductible... whats the estimated damages?

Also to add onto this does anyone know of any good collision shops in NJ? South jersey, Galloway area!
Old 03-11-2018, 11:07 AM   #9
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
What a prick. There are a lot of idiots out there. Try dend Dr. smart repair.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:10 AM   #10
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Pay out of pocket or have your friend pay. He caused the whole thing acting like an idiot
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:13 AM   #11
ChevyCav

I did a little research, I guess this would fall under my comprehensive insurance...costs $0 deductible. Should I still do out of pocket (make him pay anyways)?
Old 03-11-2018, 11:19 AM   #12
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyCav View Post
Also, I don't want it to break his bank obviously he's still my boy, why shouldn't I file with insurance? I'm hoping my rates would not go up being that I had no part in this situation. Also I figure it'll cost more than the $500 deductible... whats the estimated damages?

Also to add onto this does anyone know of any good collision shops in NJ? South jersey, Galloway area!
I had a guy hit my BMW from the back and claim he didnt hit it when the cops came. I went through my insurance to have it fixed and regardless who caused my insurance went up. If the damage is not far over the $500-$800 mark which it may not be then i would go about looking to fix it yourself IMO. Next time i will do the same. All insurance companies have different policy's so i would inquire with yours before making any decisions as i don't think it could hurt.
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:24 AM   #13
4door65guy

Drives: 2016 2SS MAG/NPP
That’s a tough situation I’ve definitely had similar experiences but never had anyone hurt my car! I’d probably have my friend pay for it if it hurt my insurance rates it’s his fault after all.
4door65guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:35 AM   #14
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
dont file with your insurance and let your buddy pay for it. he's an idiot for getting involved....
find a new friend.....
no need to say anymore. This x100.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote