Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > CANADA

Phastek Performance

Old 12-24-2020, 01:16 PM   #15
Speak99

Drives: Camaro 2020 2SS VERT
Be careful you dont criticize this Government, you will be accused of being racist or a denier.

If you drive too and from work, my commute is approx 80 kms one way. I think I would have enough charge to make it both ways. But what happens if i want or have another trip to make the same day (maybe for Groceries or an emergency trip to the hospital)?.

Everyone knows that batteries just dont last long.
Speak99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 01:49 PM   #16
parish8

Drives: 17 SS a8
Today’s electric cars won’t work for everyone especially with limited charging infrastructure. Range keeps going up, Battery prices keep falling, new tech coming online which increases charging rate and reduces the effects of cold.

I honestly don’t see why most people wont want an electric car soon which is all the more reason to not have to pass any laws to make it happen.

I wonder is the “boring” crowd has even been behind the wheel of a p100 model s. To me the quiet but strong acceleration only makes it feel even faster than it is.
Old 12-24-2020, 02:11 PM   #17
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
Today’s electric cars won’t work for everyone especially with limited charging infrastructure. Range keeps going up, Battery prices keep falling, new tech coming online which increases charging rate and reduces the effects of cold.

I honestly don’t see why most people wont want an electric car soon which is all the more reason to not have to pass any laws to make it happen.

I wonder is the “boring” crowd has even been behind the wheel of a p100 model s. To me the quiet but strong acceleration only makes it feel even faster than it is.
I'm fine with an EV being a DD to keep mileage low on the fun car. But that's it, it will just be a boring appliance to me that I can pretty much ignore.

As mentioned, your general buyers will consider EVs when it can truely replace ICE. No law is needed. Enthusiasts only represent a small percentage of the buyers.

And like I said, it's not about how fast I am. At some point, enough is enough on public streets. Anymore just means you get a speeding ticket and your car towed sooner. It's about the sensation of driving a loud sports car while shifting gears yourself. No, the electric motor whine doesn't count. It only hurts my ears.

I have said in another thread, I will NEVER purchase a Tesla just because their owners are cult members.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 06:38 PM   #18
North of You

Drives: 2007 Honda Civic
We are in a transitional phase from gas to electric. There is no denying that. Will there be issues? Yes. But humanity will find a way around those like we always have, but this will take time.

But. This announcement is meant for the people that live in the big cities to make them feel good. Anyone with half a brain, and who has ever spent any time north of “civilization” will know and understand the pitfalls and shortcomings that make the present day electric cars/trucks unrealistic in these locations. So this is where the politicians will make exceptions for the locals because they do not want to see half of Canada shut down that just happens to live north of Gucci Land.

And, I can never imagine the day where starting up a 1LE on a Saturday morning will give me the same feeling as starting a Tesla! So enjoy it while u can boys and girls.
North of You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 02:31 AM   #19
Speak99

There is only one feeling that is missing with my Camaro. I never feel like I am saving the planet.

Im feeling an inspiration for a “personalized license plate”.
😆
Old 12-25-2020, 11:37 AM   #20
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
EVs are the future and will get better, right now I think they are a good solution for a city commuter car. A Tesla has enough battery and motor for 3-4 city commuter type cars, so Teslas are mostly toys for rich folks who want to think they are environmentally conscious. The truth is they are just buying expensive toys that may not truly be better for the environment because of their massive batteries and motors, and excessive weight. But that's fine, people should be allowed to buy whatever toys they want, it's just the delusional thinking and attitudes that I find annoying. Lots of folks think Teslas are zero-emission vehicles, but there are many studies that show there really isn't much difference in the carbon footprint or resources required between a car like a Tesla and an ICE vehicle.

Further, Porsche is working on a carbon neutral gasoline which may be a way to save the ICE cars. Between this and ethanol, I think we'll be driving our Camaros for a long time to come.

https://www.latimes.com/business/sto...e-porsche-egas

On e-cars, we will see increases in energy density as well as non-fossil fuel sources of electricity production, hopefully based on nuclear fusion in the near future (20 yrs or so), this will make e-cars much cheaper and environmentally friendly, and then they will be adapted on a mass scale.

I believe we must look to technology to solve our environmental problems, as a society we will not change so quickly and a lot of the damage has already been done. We need to figure out how to control our climate and atmosphere as well as change our energy and food production systems to provide the best environment for ourselves and our current ecosystems. If we simply continue to change our planet as we've been doing for the last century or so we're not going to enjoy the results. So we really do need to do something, but I think a lot of well meaning folks are misguided. If you've seen the latest Michael Moore documentary, "Planet of the Humans", it's a scathing indictment of current green energy schemes, and while I don't agree 100%, there IS a lot of truth to what he's saying.

So, while I'd agree with a lot of skeptical views on current e-cars, this is only the very beginning and the tech will improve rapidly. I think we need to support the advancement of proper, well-engineered tech that will make a real difference, and this is certainly the case with e-cars, we just aren't quite there yet.
Old 12-25-2020, 12:51 PM   #21
Speak99

It took 100 yrs to get all the technology we have today in our ICE vehicles.

We just need politicians to bud out, you dont ban the technology you have now because its not to you liking. The EV vehicles tech should speak for themselves, it should not be shoved down our throats.

If this pandemic has shown us anything, is that the experts know nothing-including the politicians.
Old 12-27-2020, 02:07 PM   #22
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by North of You View Post
We are in a transitional phase from gas to electric. There is no denying that. Will there be issues? Yes. But humanity will find a way around those like we always have, but this will take time.

But. This announcement is meant for the people that live in the big cities to make them feel good. Anyone with half a brain, and who has ever spent any time north of “civilization” will know and understand the pitfalls and shortcomings that make the present day electric cars/trucks unrealistic in these locations. So this is where the politicians will make exceptions for the locals because they do not want to see half of Canada shut down that just happens to live north of Gucci Land.

And, I can never imagine the day where starting up a 1LE on a Saturday morning will give me the same feeling as starting a Tesla! So enjoy it while u can boys and girls.
The problem is that the government is mostly voted in based on what people in Gucci Land say because they have more population.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
I believe we must look to technology to solve our environmental problems, as a society we will not change so quickly and a lot of the damage has already been done. We need to figure out how to control our climate and atmosphere as well as change our energy and food production systems to provide the best environment for ourselves and our current ecosystems. If we simply continue to change our planet as we've been doing for the last century or so we're not going to enjoy the results. So we really do need to do something, but I think a lot of well meaning folks are misguided. If you've seen the latest Michael Moore documentary, "Planet of the Humans", it's a scathing indictment of current green energy schemes, and while I don't agree 100%, there IS a lot of truth to what he's saying.
Can't agree with this statement more.

Telling people what to do is very difficult unless we are talking about somewhere like North Korea. Coming up with new technology to process the pollution is the way to go IMO. And yes, we have to be careful with these technologies, too. Lots of con artists take advantage of them.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote