Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-23-2020, 10:41 AM   #253
OB0001
2018 SS A8 11.85@117.06

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS A8 "Dark Knight"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idburnu View Post
Thanks all, was originally wanting to go for the shaved/smooth finish on it but I don't think I have the patience to grind all of those fins down. I would of liked the extra clearance from it, but this works pretty well.

Regarding the intake torque specs, I just followed the LT1 sequence and the two passes of one at 44 lb in and then at 89 lb in. Everything seems to be sealed well after that.

As far as the OEM intake cover, it might be possible to adapt it. The issue is that the LT2 is so much taller and the bolts that attach the intake cover are not all the same placement as the LT1. Somebody might be able to make different mounts but that is past me.

To use the fuel rail covers I had to relocate one of the attachment points. They connect solidly, but I still am going to look for two shorter studs to bring them down flush at some point as that height is different from the LT1 cover as well.

The vacuum hole port was done when I got it and is not where I can get a pic of it now, but somebody hopefully has one of it before it is installed in the car that they can post.
Make sure you torque in inch pounds not foot pounds, newton meters

Last edited by OB0001; 10-23-2020 at 11:27 AM.
OB0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 10:28 PM   #254
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idburnu View Post
Definitely happy with the LT2 Intake and just got it all finished up.

Got mine ready to go from 6spdhyperblue and he really did a superb job of prepping and porting this as well as shipping it to me pretty much instantly. He also gave me some very helpful tips and the install went smoothly. I will take a look at the tune when I have time, but just bolting it on, it pulls great and is definitely noticeable.

As to what recommendations worked for me, I did get all new gaskets from Rockauto, used the stock bolts with sleeves and did not reuse the thick pad that is under the stock intake. I considered taking the time to trim it out, but then figured Dynamat (or another heat shielding material) would work just fine. Obviously torqued the bolts in stages and did not use loctite. If they do back out after a time, then I will rethink that.

Makes things a little tighter near the cowl area and I may look for a longer connector piece that joins the Rotofab intake piping as it doesn't leave a lot extra with the different angle of the intake. Still got it to seal cleanly with my wife holding it in place while I tightened the clamps. No complaints otherwise.
I couldn't get my RF to seal without popping out the base from the from the wheelwell mounts.

Nice job on the cover. Does it hit the bottom of the hood? Which gaskets do you mean?
Old 10-24-2020, 05:45 AM   #255
Idburnu

Drives: 16 Camaro 2SS 96 Vette LT4 17 GT PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I couldn't get my RF to seal without popping out the base from the from the wheelwell mounts.

Nice job on the cover. Does it hit the bottom of the hood? Which gaskets do you mean?
Thanks! The Rotofab connector hoses did not have much extra to spare. I was able to get them where I felt they were sealed well after having my wife compress and hold them in place while I tightened the clamps.

The gaskets were just the GM factory replacement intake and throttle body pieces. Even though the originals looked fine, figured it didn't hurt to go new to be safe.

My hood is aftermarket and taller, so no rubbing there - though I think it would be close but okay on the stock one as well.
Idburnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 09:15 AM   #256
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Just spoke with JLT and just bought a catch can from them that will have the 90* fitting on it.

You really don’t want to kink that pcv hose and think it will give it a much more finished look. The hose on my current can was definitely rubbing the hood so we will see how it does. I’ll post pics
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2020, 11:22 AM   #257
bjbonentte

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
Just spoke with JLT and just bought a catch can from them that will have the 90* fitting on it.

You really don’t want to kink that pcv hose and think it will give it a much more finished look. The hose on my current can was definitely rubbing the hood so we will see how it does. I’ll post pics

I have the same catch can and noticed that as well. Let me know what the outcome is. I would like a 90* for mine as well.
bjbonentte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 11:35 AM   #258
bjbonentte

Quote:

I found a 90* available at autozone as well.

https://www.autozone.com/fittings-an...tor/511789_0_0

Just out of curiosity I also went out and found the stock pcv hose and there is a 45* on the stock hose. That might work as well.
Old 11-20-2020, 12:09 PM   #259
bjbonentte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjbonentte View Post
I found a 90* available at autozone as well.

https://www.autozone.com/fittings-an...tor/511789_0_0

Just out of curiosity I also went out and found the stock pcv hose and there is a 45* on the stock hose. That might work as well.
I went out to the garage and took the 45* off the stock pipe and put it on and it lowered the hose about 1-1.5 inches from where it was coming strait out of the intake. Now with the 45 it sits almost parallel and should give it enough room to clear the hood liner and not cause a kink. Luckily I had just put my intake on a few days ago and it had only slightly rubbed the liner and did not mess it up too much.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:35 PM   #260
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I bought the "medium" elbow fitting from here https://www.addw1.com/products/ford-...s-snap-fitting

Old 11-22-2020, 04:44 AM   #261
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:

What did you do with your MAP? Tuck it under cover?
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 05:28 AM   #262
6spdhyperblue

Yeah right under the foam. I’m keeping an eye on it to make sure there’s no chaffing over time
Old 11-23-2020, 10:56 AM   #263
6spdhyperblue

Ran at fall brawl yesterday. I couldn’t get it into the 10s. I had one really good launch and missed second. Maybe fried the clutch fluid and blocked me out but it left much harder than the other runs. We’ll never know, got a 1.56 60ft missing 2nd.

Car was setup as factory full weight minus rear seat out, mainly to fit the drag radials back there, and rear cheapo wheels are a bit lighter. I drove down and swapped rear tires this year.

I really tried and the car wouldn’t crack into the 10s. Toward the end of the day, I threw a Hail Mary and loaded Pray’s tune in(my fueling and timing - just the same as the initial tune) and the car picked up a tenth. My tune, which was mostly aligned with my personal preferences(I like tinkering and having something different) ran good using prays as a benchmark but with the different manifold, I haven’t been able to get it there. I think I will keep running the pray tune and will put some time into it to get the little things I like in and hope it doesn’t slow it down. I wish we could get the c8 torque models and wot cam timing

The good news is the car picked up two mph with the lt2 intake and the 95mm in worse weather, heat soaked from drive vs trailer, and I had the front sway bar and skid plate out last year, that I didn’t bother removing this time.

Last edited by 6spdhyperblue; 11-28-2020 at 09:13 AM.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 11:01 AM   #264
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
6spdhyperblue - random: are you using a shift light?
Old 11-23-2020, 11:59 AM   #265
6spdhyperblue

No - I would like to tho. U think it would help

Last edited by 6spdhyperblue; 11-23-2020 at 05:34 PM.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 06:38 PM   #266
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
No - I would like to tho. U think it would help
it wouldn't hurt. it appears you are getting the most out of the car as it is, i wouldn't count on it doing a whole lot for you.