Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-12-2017, 02:20 PM   #1
Wilka_SS

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Metallic Grey 2ss
Blade spoiler on SS

Anyway of having a blade spoiler with the ss stanchion spoiler/ trunk without having body work done? I see ikon motorsports makes one but they havent answered if it fits or not, reaching out to you guys to see if there is a will and a way..
Wilka_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 02:32 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
No way if you use the gm blade, you must weld, fill and repaint hole..... Others make blades that cover the hole, 6le designs, RPI make them.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:24 PM   #3
Wilka_SS

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Metallic Grey 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
No way if you use the gm blade, you must weld, fill and repaint hole..... Others make blades that cover the hole, 6le designs, RPI make them.
Yeah they are just a little much for my liking, I've been looking everywhere and its just not the same as the GM one..
Wilka_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 03:45 PM   #4
retmil

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry SS
You might try RK Sport. I bought the spoiler that looks like the CF one pictured on their website. The spoiler I purchased was NOT the CF one and covered the holes from the pedestal spoiler perfectly. Sorry, unable to post pics.
retmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:10 PM   #5
Convictmaker

Drives: 2017 1LT RS
Ikon motorsports blade spoiler will no cover all the holes left by a stock SS spoiler.
Convictmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:39 AM   #6
zepol9

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS NGM
Anderson composites makes one I'm ordering it soon
zepol9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 03:01 PM   #7
meilmarc

Drives: 2016 2SS, HBM, NPP, Sun Roof
I have the ikon blade spoiler, it covers all holes on the SS trunk, installed with 3m tape. Purchased it in gloss black for $170
meilmarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:50 AM   #8
2SSLOWW

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by meilmarc View Post
I have the ikon blade spoiler, it covers all holes on the SS trunk, installed with 3m tape. Purchased it in gloss black for $170
Did you have to bolt in also or did you only use 3m tape to hold it down? Also does it come painted gloss black?

I would definitely buy for $170. Its the most price friendly spoiler I've seen. Just worried if it'll actually stay on.

Can you post pics of it installed on your car? Curious to see how subtle it is.
2SSLOWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:36 AM   #9
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
That Ikon Blade Spoiler sounds like a dream come true for some especially for that price painted. I know i would have jumped on it rather then weld/paint and install the GM one on my Camaro. Also the 2 side parts of the spoiler stay on by 3M tape so i dont think it would be a problem with just that to mount the rest of the spoiler. I honestly don't think it will ever come off under wind ect.
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:02 AM   #10
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilka_SS View Post
Yeah they are just a little much for my liking, I've been looking everywhere and its just not the same as the GM one..
The RPI one isn't that tall and is pretty well priced. It looks tall from the rear because it goes down as well to give a smoother look. And it's 1 piece, which was a plus for me. But that's just me.

I have the optional wicker bill from them and it doesn't cut into visibility

Edit: I bought mine during a sale. Never knew what the normal price was!

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:09 AM   #11
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubchitts View Post
The RPI one isn't that tall and is pretty well priced. It looks tall from the rear because it goes down as well to give a smoother look. And it's 1 piece, which was a plus for me. But that's just me.

I have the optional wicker bill from them and it doesn't cut into visibility
Just watch out for the 6LE Blade as the thing is a high speed ramp to me. I had it installed and took it off, sold it few months later after it got to me on the height from the sides. At that time nothing was close to the GM blade so i said screw it and jumped the gun, painted, welded the holes and installed the GM one. RPI has a nice one but again personally i feel its just too high close to the 6LE but with the cutout in the middle section. Does look better for sure but still not low enough profile for some of us i assume. This deal for $190 painted is a steal and would love to see more pics if any of you install.

From Stock SS spoiler to 6LE blade to GM blade - And yes i had OCD on the rear of the car....
Attached Images

keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:15 AM   #12
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
If the GM one is what you prefer, you can post an ad to trade trunk lids with an RS owner

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:20 AM   #13
meilmarc

Drives: 2016 2SS, HBM, NPP, Sun Roof
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSLOWW View Post
Did you have to bolt in also or did you only use 3m tape to hold it down? Also does it come painted gloss black?

I would definitely buy for $170. Its the most price friendly spoiler I've seen. Just worried if it'll actually stay on.

Can you post pics of it installed on your car? Curious to see how subtle it is.
Check out my Instagram mmac14, I used the 3m tape that came with the spoiler, it's on very solid. It is very worth the 170 to get rid of that damn wing. It came painted gloss black. And it's confirmed by myself and a few others that all factory holes are covered, just to be safe I filled from the bottom with silicone for a good seal.
meilmarc is offline   Reply With Quote