Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-05-2016, 10:04 AM   #113
whiteknight012

Drives: 2011 CAMARO RS (1LT) CGM/BLK
It looks awesome for sure.

That said, I expected a bit more for the big 5-0.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:19 PM   #114
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
You can always take the "fifty" emblems off and have none or replace them with something else. People do it with the CAMARO emblems on the 5th gen and the current chicklets on the 6th gen.
I feel like that's a really horrible idea when you're already going out of your way to specifically purchase a special commemorative edition Camaro. It's like taking a signed baseball card and erasing or modifying a part of the signature. Sort of defeats the purpose. This is supposed to be a collector's car.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 12:56 PM   #115
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
I feel like that's a really horrible idea when you're already going out of your way to specifically purchase a special commemorative edition Camaro. It's like taking a signed baseball card and erasing or modifying a part of the signature. Sort of defeats the purpose. This is supposed to be a collector's car.
Not like you couldnt put them back on later
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 01:51 PM   #116
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting46 View Post
price hasnt been announced, comes with a
unique interior ($500)
unique wheels ($200)
unique brakes ($100)
Front Splitter ($350)
Grill Insert (I dont remember the price, but more than $100)
Decals ($450)
Extras ($???)

Thats worth more than $1500

Really, the stripe, while more noticable, is not a lot of the price
It looks like the "grill" is an insert, but the honeycomb grill behind it appears to have larger openings.

I'm betting $1995. It's a bit more than just a decal package, like you said. Only thing I don't like is the grill insert.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 02:12 PM   #117
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post
Maybe 50 would look too much like 5.0?
Good point.
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 02:16 PM   #118
chrisvr6

Drives: suzuki
the 50th anniversary of the new mustang is also nothing special
Attached Images

chrisvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 02:36 PM   #119
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
Love that green! Not so much with the orange stripes, but I wish GM would make a green like that on the Camaro.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:44 PM   #120
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
Didn't say it's what I would do, just throwing out another option for those that despise the "fifty" emblem on the side. You'd still have all of the other stuff that makes it unique and can always put them back on if you decided to sell it.
Old 03-05-2016, 03:34 PM   #121
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
The SS 1LE wheels are the best looking wheels to be factory installed on a Camaro quite possibly...EVER.

MUCH better then all the regular, and quite frankly boring SS choices.
The 1LE wheels do look fantastic, but boring SS choices. lol. Alright bud. Just remember, everyone has their own opinion.
Old 03-05-2016, 03:48 PM   #122
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Why is everyone so surprised and disappointed this package is what it is??? I been saying it since before the 6th gen was even available...it would be a stripe/wheel/interior/badge package.

and that's fine!!!

Its a nice looking package! I actually like the hood stripe for once, and the wheels look good. The custom brake caliper colors are a nice touch as well. Those who order this car will have a unique ride, and it will turn heads. Will it be super special/rare? Sorry likely not.

What did you people want? A specialized LT1 making 500+ HP? (that seems to be the case with many) or some kind of handling performance package that makes it out to be a 1LE equal? On top of what they are giving you here.

Then when GM does that, and they decide to charge 8 thousand dollars or more, you guys will loose your minds that it costs so much.

Sorry for the slight rant, but it never fails with this forum, that a new announcement turns into mostly complaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting46 View Post
Why is everyone surprised that its just a decal package? we all knew it would be a decal package...
At least someone was being realistic.

Ford barely even did any more than this for the 50th Mustang....it was in a unique color. Kudos to them.

If this car was in hugger orange, would now the majority of you be singing its praises? Would you also carry that tune when it cost 8 - 10 thousand dollars?
Old 03-05-2016, 03:52 PM   #123
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
Then, they're going to outfit ALL the 2017's with the same thing; we can be certain that these cars won't be worth anything in the future to collectors.
No, all other 2017s will have the badge on the steering wheel, nothing else offered on this package.
Old 03-05-2016, 04:16 PM   #124
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Corvette did do something special: the carbon flash metallic color and the drawings of Louis Chevrolet wearing racing gear.

Of course the color was exclusive for the anniversary edition for just that year.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 05:24 PM   #125
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Should of had exclusive one yr color..although paint seems to be touchy subject on 6th gen..
Old 03-05-2016, 08:38 PM   #126
groove22

Drives: 13 SS/RS
Research

I know that I will piss people off with this post but that's how it goes. Many people have stated that they hoped that this anniversary edition should be Hugger Orange or have the houndstooth interior (it should) or this or that in the model year 2017. Please do your research, Hugger Orange was only offered in '69, '70, '99. I agree that it should have something special to make it stand out but it probably wont, and that's fine with me, I will still trade my '13 BRM 2SS in for it and enjoy the S*&T out out of it because no matter what this car is pretty awesome. If you haven't owned a first gen or know anything about the Camaro since '67 don't say it should be this or that. If you want a particular color from '67 ask them for Mountain Green (ugly) or any color that was offered in '67 only, and then you will have a true 50th edition. HP is always good but the Camaro will never have more than a 'Vette, just look at the GNX, T-Type, Syclone, or Typhoon.

P.S. I have owned a 1st gen Camaro '69 and an'03 Vette and currently drive a '13 SS, '68 C-10 and a '14 Silverado. I will have this 50th.
groove22 is offline   Reply With Quote