Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-14-2020, 07:01 AM   #15
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
I vote wild cherry. Just be sure to bring some gear lube to ease the pain from the anal burn from the premium upcharge

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:01 AM   #16
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I say Riverside Blue, but I am admittedly biased.....lol
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:07 AM   #17
chevybill

Drives: 1994 z-28, 2017 2ss 6spd
Go for the newest maroon color, wild cherry has been mentioned.
Blue is for senior citizens who hate grey, silver and black.
chevybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:14 AM   #18
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybill View Post
Go for the newest maroon color, wild cherry has been mentioned.
Blue is for senior citizens who hate grey, silver and black.
Not quite senior citizen yet, thanks....and I happen to LOVE black, but after many black cars decided Blue is FAR easier to keep looking good!

I also happen to have TWO silver cars, a Monte Carlo and a Traverse, so there is another hole in that theory of yours.....

Now red on the other hand, no thanks......unless it's a Miata, they scream RED! lol....we have one of those too
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:36 AM   #19
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
I would check both colors out in person if possible and also browse pictures online.

I'm partial to the Hyper Blue offered on the '16-18 models. It's a really nice color that looks good in any lighting, with no purple at all. It''s really easy to keep clean as well (ie. even if you don't wash it often, it still looks good!).

I thought the Riverside Blue looked pretty close to it in pictures, but when I saw it in person and in different lighting I realized that's not the case. Riverside definitely has a bit of a purple hue to it that I don't really like. This is why you should check both out in person before making a decision since the pics online can be deceiving.
Attached Images

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:38 AM   #20
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Either will be awesome. You know in the back of your mind that Red do stick out and grab attention, but never had an issue with LEO's with any of my Red sports cars, and I've had a bunch throughout the years.
I had a Camaro in "Red Hot". You know what the real name is (when look up the paint code to go get some touch up paint) "Pull me Over Red".

https://www.automotivetouchup.com/to...t/2021/camaro/
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:45 AM   #21
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_H_ View Post
I'm about to order my car, and the last decision I need to make is Red Hot vs Riverside Blue Metallic. I think the red with the black 1LE accents looks amazing, but I wonder if it would attract too much unwanted attention. Am I just being paranoid? The blue looks good too but definitely doesn't pop as much.

Red owners: do you have any regrets? Do you feel you get pulled over more or get unwanted attention?
The Camaro gets lots of attention no matter what color it is. I love my Red Hot color with the Ceramic White interior. Yes, she gets lots of attention from everyone but I don't think that has much to do with the color. It has more to do with there really aren't a lot of Camaros out there compared to other muscle/sports cars.

Get what puts the bigger smile on your face and don't look back. Good luck with your decision!
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:47 AM   #22
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancygrl View Post
Either will be awesome. You know in the back of your mind that Red do stick out and grab attention, but never had an issue with LEO's with any of my Red sports cars, and I've had a bunch throughout the years.
I had a Camaro in "Red Hot". You know what the real name is (when look up the paint code to go get some touch up paint) "Pull me Over Red".

https://www.automotivetouchup.com/to...t/2021/camaro/
This made me laugh when I ordered some touch-up paint for mine. I had to read it twice.
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 08:24 AM   #23
Silent_H_

Drives: '21 V6 1LE
Haha thank you all for the suggestions and information! Some good stuff in here. I think I found a couple locally finally to see in person and I think that will help a lot. The new cherry red looks great, but I think I'd go blue before paying the upcharge for that personally.

Hopefully seeing both in person will make it clear. Seems like either way it's gonna look great.
Silent_H_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 08:45 AM   #24
Walkure

Drives: '17 ZL1 A10 Vert
I'd like to see some evidence that says red cars get pulled over more than other colors. Maybe at some point in the past that was true. Maybe..

The only LEO's I see pulling people over are just staring at their radar guns. They never even see the cars driving by.

Obviously I prefer Red Hot and would make the same decision again, but you need to see both colors in person and then decide what works for you.
Walkure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:01 AM   #25
Silent_H_

Yeah, really hoping I can see them in person (Camaros aren't very prevalent here in the midwest it seems).

Also, wanted to add that I'm not someone who speeds all over. I like to accelerate quickly and then I cruise at 0-2mph above the limit.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:13 AM   #26
Walkure

Drives: '17 ZL1 A10 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_H_ View Post
I like to accelerate quickly and then I cruise at 0-2mph above the limit.

It's funny you mention that. The only time I ever got LEO attention was when two motorcycle cops were sitting in the turn lane at an intersection I was at. I didn't see them and floored it when the light turned green (AWE axleback exhaust). I saw them the same time they heard me and I saw both heads snap around. But, they didn't do anything. I would not be worrying about police when deciding what color car you want.
Walkure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:42 AM   #27
Silent_H_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkure View Post
It's funny you mention that. The only time I ever got LEO attention was when two motorcycle cops were sitting in the turn lane at an intersection I was at. I didn't see them and floored it when the light turned green (AWE axleback exhaust). I saw them the same time they heard me and I saw both heads snap around. But, they didn't do anything. I would not be worrying about police when deciding what color car you want.
I guess everyone loves to see a cool car make cool noises!
Old 08-14-2020, 09:57 AM   #28
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Seeing in person is definitely the best option.

Here's a little Red Hot with black accents for ya....even though it's an older 5th gen, but it's my 1st 1LE and was Red Hot...I do miss this hot-rod
Attached Images

nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote