Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-29-2017, 01:10 PM   #1
blahzay

Drives: Camaro SS
Ground Effects GM Part Numbers?

Recently went to the dealership to inquire about ground effects (I would like the front, sides and rear) but after speaking with one person who didn't even know what ground effects were, someone else helped me out and said "he wasn't sure" if these were the correct part numbers.

84116186 Trim Pkg

or

84116171 Trim Pkg

He said he wasnt sure if that package included just a single part (like front, rear or sides) or if it included the entire package.

So again, I dont know what those packages look like nor what they include and I dont want to buy anything blindly. Can someone help me out with the different trims available possibly with pictures included.

I have a 2017 2SS with Single Tip Exhuast. My camaro is white but I will be painting these so the color of the them dont particularly matter.

Thank you!
blahzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:42 PM   #2
Pindecko

Drives: Summit white 2SS
It seems they can have a part number associated with the whole package. Found this on TGMPG

http://www.thatgmpartsguy.com/index....grp=appearance

It's a little tricky to find. Go to accessories tab>exterior section>appearance and scroll down a little bit

Last edited by Pindecko; 03-29-2017 at 02:14 PM. Reason: More info
Pindecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:24 PM   #3
HyperBlue16

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS
The GFX kit comes with everything needed to go completely around the car. Each box will contain a parts bag with whats needed to install the item in that box, will be 5 boxes in total.

There are several types of kits, have to be careful to pick what you need.
1) Color, what color you want, incase you want a kit that is not like you cars color like straight black.
2) Model, SS or LT/RS, the difference mainly is what the front splitter will be, as there are 2 types if you have seen the different ones on other peoples cars, the rest of the kit will work on either car.
3) Exhaust type, performance type(NPP) or non-Performance(standard duals), this will determine how the rear GFX kit will be to accommodate the exhaust tips. Note, the non-performance one will require cutting the tips off of your muffler and adding new ones to work with the new rear valance.

They are pre-painted to match the color you pick so you can bolt/drill/rivit straight on. ( rear bumper disassembly required)

84116186 - is for a Summit White, SS Models without the performance exhaust.

84116171 - is for a Mosaic Black Metallic, SS Models without the performance exhaust.

This is the rear of my car, i do not have the performance exhaust(plus it is an aftermarket muffler), so this is how it would look. Mine was 84116166 , which is SS gloss black.

If your installing yourself, be sure to watch Sledgehammer70 video too see how and get some helpful tips.

Last edited by HyperBlue16; 03-29-2017 at 10:52 PM.
HyperBlue16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:07 AM   #4
blahzay

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlue16 View Post
The GFX kit comes with everything needed to go completely around the car. Each box will contain a parts bag with whats needed to install the item in that box, will be 5 boxes in total.

There are several types of kits, have to be careful to pick what you need.
1) Color, what color you want, incase you want a kit that is not like you cars color like straight black.
2) Model, SS or LT/RS, the difference mainly is what the front splitter will be, as there are 2 types if you have seen the different ones on other peoples cars, the rest of the kit will work on either car.
3) Exhaust type, performance type(NPP) or non-Performance(standard duals), this will determine how the rear GFX kit will be to accommodate the exhaust tips. Note, the non-performance one will require cutting the tips off of your muffler and adding new ones to work with the new rear valance.

They are pre-painted to match the color you pick so you can bolt/drill/rivit straight on. ( rear bumper disassembly required)

84116186 - is for a Summit White, SS Models without the performance exhaust.

84116171 - is for a Mosaic Black Metallic, SS Models without the performance exhaust.

This is the rear of my car, i do not have the performance exhaust(plus it is an aftermarket muffler), so this is how it would look. Mine was 84116166 , which is SS gloss black.

If your installing yourself, be sure to watch Sledgehammer70 video too see how and get some helpful tips.

Thanks a lot! If you dont mind me asking, what type of rear spoiler is that?
blahzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:50 AM   #5
chrest

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
id love to be able to pick up just the side skirts.
603hp/547tq
chrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:39 PM   #6
HyperBlue16

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahzay View Post
Thanks a lot! If you dont mind me asking, what type of rear spoiler is that?
It's the GM Blade Spoiler.
Old 03-31-2017, 03:56 PM   #7
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
I saw the ground effects package on a Fifty in here the other day. It looked AWESOME!!!!!!! Almost considering pulling the trigger on the entire kit.......
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:22 PM   #8
FiftySS

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS M6 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrest View Post
Me too!! I talked to 2 different dealers and nobody could find any part #'s for just the side skirts.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:09 PM   #9
HyperBlue16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiftySS View Post
Me too!! I talked to 2 different dealers and nobody could find any part #'s for just the side skirts.
From what i understand, the kit is contracted out to a 3rd party, so might be why there is no individual item part number at dealers maybe.

The boxes with my black side skirts were, 23264778 - 23264796

Be sure to inspect the kit at the dealer when picking up, if the boxes look like they have been resealed before(double tape), make sure to check for the parts in the bag of each resealed kit in case someone opened and returned it. Because i ran into that issue and the one was missing the exhaust rings for the back and took 2 weeks for them to get something done about it as the parts are not available separate of the kits. I'm guessing someone ordered the wrong kit for their exhaust type and they forgot to put the kit back in the box and the people never checked the box before reshipping to a new buyer.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:03 PM   #10
camaromike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrest View Post
I saw this in person today from another Forum member.........It was aftermarket from ACS. MAN did it look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
Old 04-03-2017, 09:49 AM   #11
MikeR

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible European Vers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlue16 View Post
From what i understand, the kit is contracted out to a 3rd party, so might be why there is no individual item part number at dealers maybe.

The boxes with my black side skirts were, 23264778 - 23264796

Be sure to inspect the kit at the dealer when picking up, if the boxes look like they have been resealed before(double tape), make sure to check for the parts in the bag of each resealed kit in case someone opened and returned it. Because i ran into that issue and the one was missing the exhaust rings for the back and took 2 weeks for them to get something done about it as the parts are not available separate of the kits. I'm guessing someone ordered the wrong kit for their exhaust type and they forgot to put the kit back in the box and the people never checked the box before reshipping to a new buyer.

These part # donīt work at TMGMPG
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:02 PM   #12
camaromike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiftySS View Post
I was at the Dealer this morning.......Ditto response for ordering just the side skirts....
Old 04-03-2017, 09:51 PM   #13
HyperBlue16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
These part # donīt work at TMGMPG
I was just pointing out the numbers on my box, but from what the dealer told me when they were dealing with the missing parts issues, it sounds like its only available in kit form as of now.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:48 PM   #14
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Have to find out who makes them

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote