Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-25-2017, 07:12 PM   #1
6God

Drives: 2017 Cam 1SS
Wanting to possibly get a set up like this

Wondering what I should do if I wanted to get my exhaust set up like this picture.... I've been looking not really sure what exhaust this is or if it's just for decoration... I think this was the concept prior to actual release but I actually like this look better if I could find those kind of tips ... or is it like the SE charger and just part of the concept rear end for decoration and nothing but plastic ? Thoughts? Or has someone seen this installed and if so what exhaust/exhaust tip is it?
Attached Images

6God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:24 PM   #2
adamsk

Drives: 2016 2SS
Ground effects package.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433426

But you still have the quad tips (NPP) sticking out.
adamsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:06 AM   #3
6God

Drives: 2017 Cam 1SS
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsk View Post
Ground effects package.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433426

But you still have the quad tips (NPP) sticking out.

Ahhhh I see... they are just exhaust cut outs not actual tips... damn it! So I would have to get that whole ground effects package..... looks crazy with the tips protruding out of there like that to be honest... if they weren't it would def look sweet. Probably could change axle backs and shorten the tips and pull it off but anyway Thanks man I appreciate the feed back
6God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:38 AM   #4
Black_FiFTY
Custom Black FiFTY

Drives: 2017 Black SS
I swear I just saw a member on here that has the single tip that fills the hole on the diffuser. When I was initially building my car on the chevy website when you selected performance exhaust with ground effects it looked like that photo. Unless the guy made it himself it is out there somewhere. Maybe he will reply. I have no idea where I saw it.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:54 PM   #5
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
RPI Designs and Rousch Performance sell just the rear quad tip diffuser.

Here is the RPI entry: https://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item...rear-diffuser/

Way, way overpriced and doesn't look as good as the stock GM version, IMO. Too busy for my tastes.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:57 PM   #6
marknagy13
Markoon13

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Dont think that's real but you can go to an exhaust shops and just have them make a square tip like that a weld it on. Doesn't look too complicated
Old 03-29-2017, 02:07 PM   #7
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_FiFTY View Post
I swear I just saw a member on here that has the single tip that fills the hole on the diffuser. When I was initially building my car on the chevy website when you selected performance exhaust with ground effects it looked like that photo. Unless the guy made it himself it is out there somewhere. Maybe he will reply. I have no idea where I saw it.
You're probably thinking of the 5th gen. MBRT made an exhaust tip that matches the GFX exhaust bezel. Almost every pre-refresh 5th gen Camaro with GFX, including mine, seems to have them at this point.
Attached Images

RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:11 PM   #8
Bad_Habit

Drives: 17 2ss m6
Here is a better view of the exhaust on this car for sale.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...modelCode1=CAM
Bad_Habit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:32 PM   #9
Pindecko

Drives: Summit white 2SS
Does it come with the chrome around the exhaust? I've seen pics of chrome and pics of all black like the diffuser
Old 03-29-2017, 04:10 PM   #10
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pindecko View Post
Does it come with the chrome around the exhaust? I've seen pics of chrome and pics of all black like the diffuser
The bezels are a metal heat shield. Should have a chrome finish unless somebody paints over it.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:53 AM   #11
Black_FiFTY
Custom Black FiFTY

Drives: 2017 Black SS
I just realized who I saw that has the setup with those tips user HyperBlue16. You can ask him how he did it. Here is a thread with a photo of it on his car http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489476
Old 04-01-2017, 08:12 AM   #12
HyperBlue16

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS
Ya, that is a non-performance Exhaust setup on the GFX kit.
GM's kits basically use the same rear valance for both NPP & Duals.
The only difference is that the NPP is just a chrome trim around the hole with a heat sheild that wide opening for the quad tips, where the Duals is a chrome trim with a flat black metal heat shield trim to fill in the area to the exhaust tips and then the exhaust tip are replacements for the chrome tips and flat black also, they rivet on.

If a exhaust tip manufacture could make an offset exhaust tip to fill in the up to the valance chrome and with using the NPP shield or modifying the Dual one, you could maybe do the look of a wide tip like RenegadeXR mentioned for the 5th gen.

But its only available with the GFX kit, as the valance is molded for it(GFX valance is only usable with the GFX kit). The Chrome/heat shields for both types are clipped into the rear valance and can be removed to paint or possibly change out later if you decide to use an aftermarket offset tip to make it look like NPP quad type.

Here is a dirty pic of mine at a closer angle to give you an idea.

In this Sledgehammer70 video at the 19;50 mark you can get a inside view of the NPP type to see the opening difference.
https://youtu.be/waahi8vu_Cc?t=1181

Last edited by HyperBlue16; 04-01-2017 at 08:36 AM.
HyperBlue16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#exhaust