Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-05-2019, 03:23 PM   #1
rickr9504

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1 LE
Tire insurance

Last Monday, I took my car to the dealer to get the cracking sound coming from the from wheel on the driver side. I had also notice that my tires use to lose air quite frequently but I could not see any nails. I asked them to check them out anyway.
In conclusion, the found nail on both my rear tires and one in the front. The rears could not be repaired as they were close to the side wall on the inside and the front can be repaired.
My prior 2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE had a nail problem on a regular basis at least once every 4 month and it pissed me off everytime that I had to buy new tires when they could not be fixed. This time, with my 2018, I told myself that I would pay a little bit more for tires and wheels insurance but I would not get caught in a similar situation. And for sure, now I am glad I did. Those tires are not cheap and I am so glad that the insurance covers for two new back tires.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:35 PM   #2
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Oh wow. I am surprised you got coverage on tires. That’s awesome. You ain’t kidding on tire cost these days. Super expensive to say the least.
Old 04-06-2019, 02:58 PM   #3
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
I used to do track days on motorcycles with plugs in the tires, not patches, plugs. Did a full weekend at Loudon in New Hampshire with 3 plugs in my front tire and 2 in the rear.

When they try telling me I have to replace the tire, I laugh at them. Patch or plug and move on. This whole, "you must replace the tire" thing is a sales scam. My insurance is the plug kit that sits in the trunk of each of my cars.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 08:56 PM   #4
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
When they try telling me I have to replace the tire, I laugh at them. Patch or plug and move on. This whole, "you must replace the tire" thing is a sales scam. My insurance is the plug kit that sits in the trunk of each of my cars.

Unless the screw or nail is actually touching the side wall, it can be safely plugged.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 02:51 PM   #5
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
I know that when you buy Tires from Tire Rack, it comes with a Tire Warranty. I've used it and it was Pain Free
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 03:13 PM   #6
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
I have tire and wheel insurance on the Flash. Good thing because I live in the worst state for pothole, Pennsylvania!!

I no longer have those crappy Pirelli tires, but I did have two of them replaced and two wheels replaced under insurance. I'm not sure how long the wheel insurance is good for, but I am glad I did it when I ordered the Flash.
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote