Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Phastek Performance

Old 08-21-2019, 09:32 AM   #1
WhitesnakeSS

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Excellant service and product from Tony Mamo

Installed my Tony Mamo ported throttle body about month ago on my 2018 Camaro SS.
Right off the bat I noticed the tip in of the throttle was much improved. Other words the throttle now matched the right foot and was more snappy to attention. The seat of the pants could feel a little difference but the way she jumped to attention and began into the power curve was what jumps out. It woke her up tremendously.
What I did notice was in launch control it would hesitate slightly before accelerating. Now this was a few days into the install. I emailed Tony and and within a few hours he responded. He was nice and courteous and was willing to help me in any way to make this one small hiccup right. He advised me to give it another week while continuing to launch the car with the same temps and conditions and he felt that the computer would adjust itself and remedy the issue. He sounded confident it would resolve itself and if not a tune in the future would and I would be happy. If after then I wasnt he would make it right with another Tb or a full return.
I told him the damn thing run to good other than that and I didnt wanna mess that up so I would give it a few weeks more.
Well within a week the issue was gone. It did as Tony said and corrected the issue. As a matter of fact is seems to have improved all across the spectrum.
As I said it just runs to damn good and makes the car a blast to drive.
His customer service and return policy makes the extra in price worth it IMO. The increase in throttle response , acceleration and fun factor makes this exactly what Tony says......
It's a game changer !!!

That's how I know I made the right choice !
WhitesnakeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 12:03 PM   #2
Chris C 1SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Yep...
Old 08-26-2019, 01:36 PM   #3
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Cool I need a ported TB.

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 01:56 PM   #4
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Does anyone know if Tony ports intake manifolds?

Sorry for the hijack.

I agree with the OP. Tony provides an excellent product and customer service.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 05:12 PM   #5
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitesnakeSS View Post
Installed my Tony Mamo ported throttle body about month ago on my 2018 Camaro SS.
Right off the bat I noticed the tip in of the throttle was much improved. Other words the throttle now matched the right foot and was more snappy to attention. The seat of the pants could feel a little difference but the way she jumped to attention and began into the power curve was what jumps out. It woke her up tremendously.
What I did notice was in launch control it would hesitate slightly before accelerating. Now this was a few days into the install. I emailed Tony and and within a few hours he responded. He was nice and courteous and was willing to help me in any way to make this one small hiccup right. He advised me to give it another week while continuing to launch the car with the same temps and conditions and he felt that the computer would adjust itself and remedy the issue. He sounded confident it would resolve itself and if not a tune in the future would and I would be happy. If after then I wasnt he would make it right with another Tb or a full return.
I told him the damn thing run to good other than that and I didnt wanna mess that up so I would give it a few weeks more.
Well within a week the issue was gone. It did as Tony said and corrected the issue. As a matter of fact is seems to have improved all across the spectrum.
As I said it just runs to damn good and makes the car a blast to drive.
His customer service and return policy makes the extra in price worth it IMO. The increase in throttle response , acceleration and fun factor makes this exactly what Tony says......
It's a game changer !!!

That's how I know I made the right choice !
How much additional HP/Tq?
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:00 PM   #6
Ittookalongtime

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE Summit White
I have one too. First, it just looks right compared to the stock unit. But yes, the effects are subtle. More of a throttle response improvement. I also have a K&N filter which seems to work well with the tb... who knows how these computers compensate for this stuff...but I think this was worth the money. I wasn’t necessarily looking for increased hp or torque and I didn’t want a throttle response module. It’s a simple, safe, mod that makes the car feel a worthwhile amount of improved “snappy” in the very beginning of the the throttle response “curve”...
Old 08-27-2019, 03:47 AM   #7
WhitesnakeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
How much additional HP/Tq?
No dyno.
I pretty much described it in the post best I could. Very noticable in acceleration and throttle response is what jumps out at ya. VERY noticeable at that !
Old 08-27-2019, 03:54 AM   #8
WhitesnakeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonandl View Post
Cool I need a ported TB.
I can only speak for what Tony supplied me and it didnt disappoint. Cant say if the others do better or worse but you dont need a core and his warranty and customer service is superb. Worth the extra $$$ IMO.
Old 08-27-2019, 03:57 AM   #9
WhitesnakeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ittookalongtime View Post
I have one too. First, it just looks right compared to the stock unit. But yes, the effects are subtle. More of a throttle response improvement. I also have a K&N filter which seems to work well with the tb... who knows how these computers compensate for this stuff...but I think this was worth the money. I wasn’t necessarily looking for increased hp or torque and I didn’t want a throttle response module. It’s a simple, safe, mod that makes the car feel a worthwhile amount of improved “snappy” in the very beginning of the the throttle response “curve”...
Only difference is I have the CAI brand cold air intake. Seems to work well.
I agree wholeheartedly with your analysis.
Old 08-27-2019, 04:08 AM   #10
WhitesnakeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Will View Post
Does anyone know if Tony ports intake manifolds?

Sorry for the hijack.

I agree with the OP. Tony provides an excellent product and customer service.

Mamomotorsports.com

Seems he is working on releasing a ported manifold.
Might have to drop him a email on that question.
Old 08-27-2019, 09:57 AM   #11
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
How does it compare with Soler PTB?
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 07:43 PM   #12
WhitesnakeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Mouce View Post
How does it compare with Soler PTB?
Never had a Soler.
I can attest to what improvement I got with a TM throttle body though.
There is a post on this site where Tony posts some flow charts. Definitely do your research. That is how I come to buy the Mamo Tb.
Old 08-28-2019, 02:42 PM   #13
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitesnakeSS View Post
Never had a Soler.
I can attest to what improvement I got with a TM throttle body though.
There is a post on this site where Tony posts some flow charts. Definitely do your research. That is how I come to buy the Mamo Tb.
Whats the claimed additional HP and Tq?
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 02:58 AM   #14
WhitesnakeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Whats the claimed additional HP and Tq?
Who claimed additional HP and Torque????
My post explained my improvements as well as answering your question once already.