Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-27-2020, 11:48 AM   #127
rotis

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Do you have PDR? if so, you can use Pi Toolbox and compare measured ride height at speed before and after the aero changes. (this would help you infer changes in lift/downforce) It logs ride height for each corner from the control arm sensors.
rotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 12:25 AM   #128
samr350

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotis View Post
Do you have PDR? if so, you can use Pi Toolbox and compare measured ride height at speed before and after the aero changes. (this would help you infer changes in lift/downforce) It logs ride height for each corner from the control arm sensors.
I'm pretty sure ride height logging wasn't added until 2019 and his is either a 17 or 18 so he won't have it. Sensors are still there and the car uses them but PDR just doesn't get the data.
samr350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 10:25 AM   #129
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Not sure about the other guy, but I don't have PDR.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:27 PM   #130
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2004 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by samr350 View Post
I'm pretty sure ride height logging wasn't added until 2019 and his is either a 17 or 18 so he won't have it. Sensors are still there and the car uses them but PDR just doesn't get the data.
Shock data (displacement) is there with the newest version of Cosworth Toolbox. Confirmed with a 2018.
Old 03-01-2020, 10:17 AM   #131
chrisfri13

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblurr View Post
Can you go into more detail on how you adjust the trunk bump stops to prevent rubbing? Also, was one of your mounting bolts too long? The lower, or front bolt (depending how you look at it) won’t tighten all the way. It appears to be half an inch too long.
As far as bump stops goes, the factory bump stops just thread in/out and are meant to be adjustable. I backed them out to where when I push on the trunk (when closed) there is little movement, but still closes all the way. I will mount a GoPro to the back of the car to see how the trunk moves when I hit the track to see if I need to make more adjustments orrrrr.... come up with a new stop system...

For the longer bolt in the front... APR gives us 2 different length bolts for the uprights (2 longer in the back and the shorter one in the front). Maybe they didn't send two different lengths? If they didn't their customer service is pretty good and will get you the hardware you need.
2019 ZL1 1LE - #50ShadesofGrey
chrisfri13 is offline   Reply With Quote