Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

View Poll Results: Best interior
Mustang 14 8.92%
Challenger 8 5.10%
Camaro 135 85.99%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2019, 11:08 AM   #15
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl3r View Post
Ask the same question on the Mustang and Challenger forums...
Way too many GM blinders on in this thread. The Challenger interior blows ours out of the water.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:28 AM   #16
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Mustang has always had the best looking Dash panel, even in the 60s. The Challenger has more room but the Dash is not sporty.
Mustang 1
Camaro 2
Chall. 3
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:37 AM   #17
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
Way too many GM blinders on in this thread. The Challenger interior blows ours out of the water.
Just from photos and what I’ve heard it looks really freaking nice inside. It’s one reason I’m considering one possibly. I want a ZL1 I just don’t know if I want that much power or want to spend that much money. I can’t make myself like the Mustang, fun to drive, I just don’t care either way for it. The 350 is cool but I’m not spending 60K on a car with less torque than a SS camaro, that’s sad. I’d like to keep a Camaro but I don’t like the 2019 SS. So we’ll see, right now it’s see what the 2020 looks like, settle for the design (it’s okay in certain colors) or POSSIBLY the Challenger. I couldn’t see myself drive the Mustang because I like the Camaro interior so much more. I love the Challenger design I just don’t know if i want a boat.

Anyways on topic, the interior is a big deal for me. I’m going to spend 50K+ dollars, I want to like everything about the car. Kept seeing odd comments about the Mustang interior and that’s what started this thread.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:40 AM   #18
RideWithDanger

Drives: 23 2SS 1LE
So I have been inside all 3 recently as I was deciding what to purchase and this opinion would completely change depending on the trim levels. I sat in base models and the high trim levels. Base models I feel the mustang, camaro and challenger are about equal, I say the challenger a little less so depending on what your looking for.

As for the top trim models, the Camaro is the best for me. It felt like it had the most to offer and wasnt over complicated. The Challenger seemed the most user friendly but after diving into everything I felt the Camaro to be the best for me personally to use.

As for features and overall comfort, I still give it to Camaro. Im a little guy coming from a previously even smaller car so the "cramped" interior of the Camaro doesnt bother me at all. Also found the challenger to not feel that big on the inside as I was hoping, but driving it sure felt bigger. (granted the camaro feels bigger while as well but handles WAY better)

Id say mustang comes in second. For many people it may come in first but personally I did not like the interior of the new model mustangs. It didnt feel cheap, but just wasnt homey for me if that makes any sense. Just looking at it didnt put a smile on my face, and I felt there was just something lacking. The challenger would be third, but wasnt all bad to use. In fact, I may even prefer it over the mustang if I got more time to explore all the infotainment options. BUT, it felt the most cheap out of the 3.

Radiant Red 23' 2SS 1LE
1100: 11/14/22 | BUILT: 3/16/23
2000: 2/17/23 | 4200: 5/8/23
3000: 2/27/23 | 5000/6000: 5/15/23

Black on black 2019 3LT RS Camaro.
1100: 3/7/19 | 4200: 4/15/19
3100: 3/15/19 | 4800: 4/23/19
3400: 3/22/19 | 5000: 4/25/19
Built: 4/8/19 | Home: 4/26/19
RideWithDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:41 AM   #19
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Mustang has always had the best looking Dash panel, even in the 60s. The Challenger has more room but the Dash is not sporty.
Mustang 1
Camaro 2
Chall. 3
Liked the Mustang dash, really like the 12” digital gauge cluster with the RPM tach. Didn’t like the doors and was disappointed they didn’t have the interior lighting like the camaro did. Hated the center console, the cheesy plastic switches above the shifter and where they located the engine start button. As with my current Camaro I only wish I had the lighting package, everything else I love, it’s minimal and comfortable and sleek.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:47 AM   #20
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideWithDanger View Post
So I have been inside all 3 recently as I was deciding what to purchase and this opinion would completely change depending on the trim levels. I sat in base models and the high trim levels. Base models I feel the mustang, camaro and challenger are about equal, I say the challenger a little less so depending on what your looking for.

As for the top trim models, the Camaro is the best for me. It felt like it had the most to offer and wasnt over complicated. The Challenger seemed the most user friendly but after diving into everything I felt the Camaro to be the best for me personally to use.

As for features and overall comfort, I still give it to Camaro. Im a little guy coming from a previously even smaller car so the "cramped" interior of the Camaro doesnt bother me at all. Also found the challenger to not feel that big on the inside as I was hoping, but driving it sure felt bigger. (granted the camaro feels bigger while as well but handles WAY better)

Id say mustang comes in second. For many people it may come in first but personally I did not like the interior of the new model mustangs. It didnt feel cheap, but just wasnt homey for me if that makes any sense. Just looking at it didnt put a smile on my face, and I felt there was just something lacking. The challenger would be third, but wasnt all bad to use. In fact, I may even prefer it over the mustang if I got more time to explore all the infotainment options. BUT, it felt the most cheap out of the 3.

Interesting! Thanks! I’ve nevee drove a Challenger so I know nothing about it outside of the photos I saw inside.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:02 PM   #21
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Does the Challenger have a rubberized dashboard like the Charger? My sister has a new Charger, while it looks nice, the seats are hard as a rock and the rubberized dashboard is repulsive. I cannot stand the feeling of it. It looks cheap and feels sticky. I also noticed her glove box door doesn't latch well and feels very cheap. I'm also not a fan of the digital buttons to do anything with the HVAC system and such. I much prefer button controls. I'm also not a fan of the user interface color scheme. Way too much red going on.

I did sit in a new Challenger a few years ago, the seats felt very comfortable, but I can't remember if the dash was the rubberized material or if that's something unique to the Charger? Or if it's something Dodge introduced in 2017+. I do remember not liking the digital controls though. The sound system was awesome. I like punchy bass, and for a stock system it sounded really great. I think the Bose system in the Camaro is nice, but it didn't have the same punch of having a dedicated subwoofer.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:34 PM   #22
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
They’re all pretty good for the price range. I’m a German interior guy (spartan, less buttons than say Japanese models), and the Camaro fits that the best out of the Big 3 offerings in this market.

I do wish the interior storage was better, Mustang got a little more creative here. I was surprised with how much space is wasted in the Dodge Challenger interiors. Huge car but not nearly as big inside as I was expecting.

My last wish for the Camaro interior would be for higher quality plastics on the dash and doors but that’s my German preference for soft touch plastic coming out.
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 12:48 PM   #23
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
Does the Challenger have a rubberized dashboard like the Charger? My sister has a new Charger, while it looks nice, the seats are hard as a rock and the rubberized dashboard is repulsive. I cannot stand the feeling of it. It looks cheap and feels sticky. I also noticed her glove box door doesn't latch well and feels very cheap. I'm also not a fan of the digital buttons to do anything with the HVAC system and such. I much prefer button controls. I'm also not a fan of the user interface color scheme. Way too much red going on.

I did sit in a new Challenger a few years ago, the seats felt very comfortable, but I can't remember if the dash was the rubberized material or if that's something unique to the Charger? Or if it's something Dodge introduced in 2017+. I do remember not liking the digital controls though. The sound system was awesome. I like punchy bass, and for a stock system it sounded really great. I think the Bose system in the Camaro is nice, but it didn't have the same punch of having a dedicated subwoofer.
Yeah, can’t speak on Challenger, haven’t seen up close. Speaking of subs, Mustang has the shaker, won’t lie, that was pretty damn nice.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:49 PM   #24
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1FTY View Post
They’re all pretty good for the price range. I’m a German interior guy (spartan, less buttons than say Japanese models), and the Camaro fits that the best out of the Big 3 offerings in this market.

I do wish the interior storage was better, Mustang got a little more creative here. I was surprised with how much space is wasted in the Dodge Challenger interiors. Huge car but not nearly as big inside as I was expecting.

My last wish for the Camaro interior would be for higher quality plastics on the dash and doors but that’s my German preference for soft touch plastic coming out.
I hate plastic. I like when it’s all wrapped and stitched, that’s what makes it feel like a nice car.
Old 04-03-2019, 01:01 PM   #25
orange blaze
Red Hot SS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Each to his own. I love my interior and don't really know what the Challenger or Mustang interiors look like because I would never buy any of them. Not to say they don't build nice cars but the GM blood runs deep in our family.
orange blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 01:22 PM   #26
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18LTLoveIt View Post
I recently sat in a 2017 Mustang, holy moley! Too freaking much going on. I'm all for digi displays in cockpit, but have it 10-12 yrs? Ask any early dodge folk with all digi cockpit and they'll tell you it was wonderful until the whole display went out, no speed, no gas indicator. I really like the mix of traditional gauges in my 6th Gen with some digital. I tend to keep cars longer. The infotainment in the Mustang had a tiny infotainment screen, 3 or 4 inches!

The Challenger interior is nice, but too gigantic outside.

The interior design on my 6th Gen sealed the deal. I love the ashen grey light cloth interior! It brightens up the space, seats, headliner, door panels. Here's a couple of shots.

I like that too, my wife hates that color for some reason. She’s being a pain in the ass in my process. She hates challengers, she likes Mustangs and she likes Camaros. But she doesn’t like any interior colors I do and she constantly picks colors for the outside I don’t like or don’t want. She hates all the purples, blues and greens I like but things crush and shock are the best colors.

I like your interior, it’s nice looking.
Old 04-03-2019, 01:31 PM   #27
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
I like that too, my wife hates that color for some reason. She’s being a pain in the ass in my process. She hates challengers, she likes Mustangs and she likes Camaros. But she doesn’t like any interior colors I do and she constantly picks colors for the outside I don’t like or don’t want. She hates all the purples, blues and greens I like but things crush and shock are the best colors.

I like your interior, it’s nice looking.
Thanks buddy. I'm lucky, wife likes my hyper blue & light interior.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 01:39 PM   #28
IceGoaliePaul

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT
One of the reasons I fell in love with the gen6 Camaro was the interior especially in the red. I like the simple row of climate control buttons although wish they'd added some tactile bumps so you could find the controls without looking. The mylink infotainment is disappointing and the cyan blue shadow on the text is terrible. The pre-2019 Camaro exterior front end looks good but the back end is kind of plain.

I absolutely hated the mustang interior. The plastic silver toggle switches look incredibly cheap. The fake carbon fiber on some of the trims make it look really cheap and overall build quality seemed poor. I found plastic panels you could see tooling marks on. I really like the mustang exterior especially the triple brake lamps/DRL.

I haven't really looked at the challenger interior. I don't like the challenger exterior. I understand why some people do but it's just not my taste.
IceGoaliePaul is offline   Reply With Quote