Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-21-2019, 12:30 PM   #435
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
It will not fail the test. Unless your state inspection involves removing the intake snorkel there is no outward indication it's different. Swapping out a TB prior to getting an inspection my cause problems until the trim tables update.
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 02:24 PM   #436
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Addict View Post
After reading page after page of positive comments and reviews, Im about to order one (with core exchange) but I have one question that no one has asked (I think).....since I live in Calif, my 2016 will eventually have to pass a smog test. Will the installation of the Soler TB fail the test, either the visual or sniffer portion? If it will fail the test, I should keep my stock TB to reinstall before I get tested.
Do they even do the sniffer anymore? I thought they just plug into your obd2 port?
Old 07-22-2019, 10:12 AM   #437
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Addict View Post
After reading page after page of positive comments and reviews, Im about to order one (with core exchange) but I have one question that no one has asked (I think).....since I live in Calif, my 2016 will eventually have to pass a smog test. Will the installation of the Soler TB fail the test, either the visual or sniffer portion? If it will fail the test, I should keep my stock TB to reinstall before I get tested.
Many customers in CA, no reports of failing test. Mod does not affect EVAP, AFR's, or Emissions, in general, in any way. It burns as clean as w/ the stock TB.

Thanks,
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:33 AM   #438
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro LT2/RS
Any update on the v6 version
Old 07-22-2019, 11:14 PM   #439
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo View Post
Any update on the v6 version
Hi, guapo. Do you have a data logging or streaming device?

We are needing data from V6's to develop it.

Thanks,
Old 07-23-2019, 06:42 AM   #440
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Mike@Soler - I have been quite happy with my ported LT1 TB on my Paxton setup, only thing is the odd behavior with RevMatch on (after changing gears the car will momentarily limit timing advance for .1 sec)

Would the LT4 TB possibly help flow more air to make the ECU "happy"?
Old 07-23-2019, 07:15 AM   #441
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
This is a question to the early adopters of this TB.

Do you still feel the improvements this TB initially offered on a daily basis or feel the car may have adapted a little and some or all of the stock TB driving symptoms have returned? I only ask because I know sometimes just resetting the battery can have a huge effect on making the car feel crisp and fresh as that might reset some ECM related things but then over time the car relearns and it sorta loses some of those effects you first experienced.

Thanks

Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:02 AM   #442
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
This is a question to the early adopters of this TB.

Do you still feel the improvements this TB initially offered on a daily basis or feel the car may have adapted a little and some or all of the stock TB driving symptoms have returned? I only ask because I know sometimes just resetting the battery can have a huge effect on making the car feel crisp and fresh as that might reset some ECM related things but then over time the car relearns and it sorta loses some of those effects you first experienced.

Thanks

There’s some rumblings from some guys that their cars are starting to exhibit the same old behaviors. Not as bad as with the stock TB but a light hesitation seems to be coming back when starting from a stop.
I haven’t experienced this yet on my Soler TB but I haven’t been driving the car very much since I made the swap.

Sucks to think that we might be stuck with this bog issue until we tune the car.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413

Last edited by Alain; 07-23-2019 at 10:23 AM.
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:58 AM   #443
Racerman27410

Drives: 2016 SS 2SS
600 miles on mine since soler TB install...... still perfectly happy with throttle response.
Racerman27410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 01:14 PM   #444
camaroJD

Drives: 2019 Satin Steel 1SS 1LE w/ PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
There’s some rumblings from some guys that their cars are starting to exhibit the same old behaviors. Not as bad as with the stock TB but a light hesitation seems to be coming back when starting from a stop.
I haven’t experienced this yet on my Soler TB but I haven’t been driving the car very much since I made the swap.

Sucks to think that we might be stuck with this bog issue until we tune the car.
Where? I'd like to read what people are saying. I just ordered one this week.
camaroJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 01:22 PM   #445
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post

Huh?
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 01:47 PM   #446
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro LT2/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Hi, guapo. Do you have a data logging or streaming device?

We are needing data from V6's to develop it.

Thanks,
I do not ‘my car does not have a data logging system
Old 07-23-2019, 02:32 PM   #447
Kmeleon

Drives: 2018 NFG 2SS 1LE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroJD View Post
Where? I'd like to read what people are saying. I just ordered one this week.
It's in the ZL1 forum. Here's the link. At this point it's just hear say from a guy or two but I'm listening for sure because I just sent back a TMTB and wondering if I should waste more time and money with the Soler.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...=519546&page=6 Start reading from post 72 down
Kmeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 03:11 PM   #448
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

There are some events in which torque management among other systems intervenes and somewhat disregards your pedal input, however, in most situations;

1) The pedal mapping (pedal input vs. throttle position) doesn't change and it follows driver demand.

2) Throttle position vs. airflow is a physical change given by the geometry of the modification and it is permanent.

Therefore, under normal conditions, pedal input and its relationship to airflow/power output are fixed through 1) and 2) above as long as torque is within limits. When it is not, spark timing advance reduction is used to limit torque, not the throttle.

Our throttle bodies keep performing the same after the learning period, in fact, they tend to get better with time, as many have observed and shared.

It is easy to get used to a good thing and we also wish we could do more without having to tune for it. Try going back to stock TB, give about a week, and we'll be reminded of what we used to have. Then, if you think it is related to resetting the ECM, just install ours again w/o resetting.

I have never heard of a Modified TB or ported otherwise being taken back to stock behavior by the ECM. They do what they do, good or bad, and they keep doing it.

Also, it does not make sense to put TB vs. Tune or vs. TC as contenders, they all matter and can be improved/customized to work together well. There is no magic bullet here. Nothing new, constantly tried, and extensively discussed.

Thanks,

Last edited by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC; 07-23-2019 at 08:13 PM. Reason: typo