Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

View Poll Results: Best interior
Mustang 14 8.92%
Challenger 8 5.10%
Camaro 135 85.99%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2019, 02:20 PM   #43
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
While not drastically different than the production version, I wish GM would have put this interior design proposal into production instead. I find it to be more cohesive and attractive.
Attached Images

DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:37 PM   #44
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
Not surprised there's a lot of dislike on here for the Mustang interior- it is the Camaro's biggest rival. To me, my GT Premium interior feels pretty nice. I like the double wing design on the dash. Things are well done, vinyl or soft touch materials in most places with a few spots of hard plastic trim around the screen and door locks which doesn't bother me. The premium plus upgrades some of that to stitched vinyl, like the entire center console and knee bolsters. But I didn't buy my car because of the interior. Although in a comparison I think motor trend said the Mustang interior felt $2k nicer than the Camaro's. But this is one of those things that's totally subjective.
I drove a premium plus and I didn't enjoy the interior. I hated the engine start placement and I thought the toggle switches above the shifter were just odd. I didn't see any interior lighting but I didn't look very hard either and forgot to ask. I thought the dash was too busy with buttons, everything is crammed in a tiny little area and then everywhere else in the car is just bare like the doors. I loved the 12" screen, that was very, very cool. It's a nice interior, it isn't bad really, I just didn't love it, it didn't feel cozy. I personally enjoyed the Charger interior more and thought it was more streamlined and less busy and I enjoy the more simplistic and modern approach of Chevy too. This coming from someone seriously looking for info about GT Mustangs, I'm not biased, I just like cars.

I started this thread because I didn't see the "2K nicer interior" motor trend spoke of.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:57 PM   #45
Mr_Jones
DaBatMan

Drives: "Candi" 2018 2LT RS M6
Test drove a Mustang a few years ago and honestly the retro like interior was a turn off for me.

Test drove a Camaro a little over a month and that interior checked all my boxes. Needless to say I brought the Camaro home.

For me the interior is a BIG selling point. It's where I'll spend most of my time and if that time is spent being critical of the interior and worrying about what knob will fall off first its not the car for me.

FWIW... I've never been in a Challenger. From the pics I've seen things look a little too shiney. I call it the "Armor All" effect and I've never been a fan of that look.

Current Wives: 2018 Camaro 2LT RS MT / 2008 Avalanche 5.3L AFM

Ex-GF's: 2010 VW CC Lux 2.0T/ 2004 Mazda RX-8 GT MT/ 2001 A6 3.0T MT/ 2001 Navigator / 1995 Accord EX MT
Mr_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 12:34 AM   #46
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Having both the 19 mustang GT and now 19 ss Camaro ..my honest opinion ..the mustang is way more comfortable mostly because of the door panels..I can see why the Camaro has those padded knee guards .because they really need them . The interior in the mustang is retro which I really like because its heritage and you know that you're still driving a mustang ...I don't like the location of the starter button on the mustang but the same could be said for the location of the mode button on the Camaro. Mustang much more easy to access the window switches..the center console is way more comfortable and functional .the passenger does not have to put his elbow in the cup holder unlike the Camaro.. the 6th gen Camaro interior kinda boring after driving the mustang for awhile and 5gen camaro.nothing special except the air vents. even though the 5th gen Camaro has cheaper plastic interior they have more character. Eventually I plan on dressing up the camaro interior like I have been working on the mustang. I think the stock Camaro steering wheel is much better then the stock or even the Gt350 mustang wheel..the Camaro also has better looking seats and are about the same comfort. I plan on getting the Camaro interior and steering wheel diled in like I have done the mustang.
Attached Images

orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 12:49 PM   #47
ron8879

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS
camaro is great but find more fatigue sets in after a few hours, plus wish it had more storage in center console.
mustang, love the dash, hate the radio, and steering wheel is too busy for my liking
challanger (2013) I owned I loved the seats. Very comfortable. Drove from Nevada to Missouri no problem.. dash is car is huge. Best back seats for kids.
ron8879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:43 PM   #48
GT-ER

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
I have a 2012 Audi A6 and feel the interior is decades ahead of what my 2018 Camaro looks like inside. With that being said, I like the Mustangs the most, but don't love it either. It would be 1) Mustang 2) Camaro 3) Challenger for me.

All three of them disappoint me regardless. I wish GM put more effort on an interior that doesn't look cheap.
GT-ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:45 AM   #49
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
The top of the dashboard being hard plastic is pretty unforgivable in this day and age. It's the same quality as the 90s pick up trucks. At least make it soft touch material, if not stitched leather.
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:46 AM   #50
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-ER View Post
I have a 2012 Audi A6 and feel the interior is decades ahead of what my 2018 Camaro looks like inside. With that being said, I like the Mustangs the most, but don't love it either. It would be 1) Mustang 2) Camaro 3) Challenger for me.

All three of them disappoint me regardless. I wish GM put more effort on an interior that doesn't look cheap.
Agreed. My Golf R has much better interior material. It's not as dynamic or interesting, but it's still made better inside than the Camaro.

As far as the Mustang interior? It just looks dated (other than the digital cluster itself.) and looks too much like the F150 interior.

The Challenger interior just does nothing for me.
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote