Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-02-2020, 08:25 PM   #15
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroOkami View Post
Craig,
I don't like the look of the front end on the 19s, and as for finding what I want out there. I have searched and had the dealership search and there is not a single 2SS with manual transmission anywhere within 2000 miles from me, much less a 2SS 1LE. I could even find a single Camaro with a V8 and manual drive other than the ZL1 within 2000. And I didn't even bother going to another dealer to test drive that because I was pretty sure a supercharged V8 with 650 hp would drive a bit different than a NA V8 making 455.

Anyway, I bit the bullet today and ordered my car. The sales guy I had been working with couldn't come in, so another guy helped me order it, but what I did find weird is that they didn't even want to talk about money. They said they would do that at the end working with whatever deals are available at that time.
That's not good, that means they are planning to charge you MSRP minus any available rebates (I had at least 3 dealers tell me that was what I HAD to pay when I ordered, I believe the Temecula dealer was one of them)... They figure because you ordered they have you on the hook... (You won't want to wait another 2 months for a car so you'll end up paying whatever they want).

I had a negotiated price IN WRITING from my dealer before I put down the $500 REFUNDABLE deposit... The price was WELL below MSRP (minus any rebates available at time of delivery, which ended up being another $1,250 off, I ended up well over 10% below MSRP)...

I think you may have been taken advantage of...

If you don't have a price in writing you are at their mercy when the car shows up...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 08:46 PM   #16
ApexSummit

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE, 17 Edge Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
That's not good, that means they are planning to charge you MSRP minus any available rebates (I had at least 3 dealers tell me that was what I HAD to pay when I ordered, I believe the Temecula dealer was one of them)... They figure because you ordered they have you on the hook... (You won't want to wait another 2 months for a car so you'll end up paying whatever they want).

I had a negotiated price IN WRITING from my dealer before I put down the $500 REFUNDABLE deposit... The price was WELL below MSRP (minus any rebates available at time of delivery, which ended up being another $1,250 off, I ended up well over 10% below MSRP)...

I think you may have been taken advantage of...

If you don't have a price in writing you are at their mercy when the car shows up...
When I ordered my car back in August from AV Chevy, I had the same experience as KuroOkami. They didn't want to talk numbers as they said incentives would be different (I got my order in on their first batch of 20's while they still had 19's) and they didn't take a deposit. They probably figured that if I walked away from the deal they would have no issues selling it. When the car came in I ended up using the GM Supplier Discount, but I feel like they would have negotiated had I not gone that route.
ApexSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 10:20 PM   #17
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSummit View Post
When I ordered my car back in August from AV Chevy, I had the same experience as KuroOkami. They didn't want to talk numbers as they said incentives would be different (I got my order in on their first batch of 20's while they still had 19's) and they didn't take a deposit. They probably figured that if I walked away from the deal they would have no issues selling it. When the car came in I ended up using the GM Supplier Discount, but I feel like they would have negotiated had I not gone that route.
But why order when you don't know the price??? What if you wait 2+ months for delivery and they say "That car is MSRP minus the incentive available"??? You just wasted a LOT of time...

I told my dealer I NEED a price NOW or I'm not buying from you... By the end of the day I had a price in writing (which also stated "minus any incentives available at time of delivery")... Too many slimy dealers out there to waste 2+ months of your time hoping you are going to get a good deal...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
Old 02-02-2020, 10:25 PM   #18
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Craig,
I don't like the look of the front end on the 19s, and as for finding what I want out there. I have searched and had the dealership search and there is not a single 2SS with manual transmission anywhere within 2000 miles from me, much less a 2SS 1LE. I could even find a single Camaro with a V8 and manual drive other than the ZL1 within 2000. And I didn't even bother going to another dealer to test drive that because I was pretty sure a supercharged V8 with 650 hp would drive a bit different than a NA V8 making 455.

Anyway, I bit the bullet today and ordered my car. The sales guy I had been working with couldn't come in, so another guy helped me order it, but what I did find weird is that they didn't even want to talk about money. They said they would do that at the end working with whatever deals are available at that time.
Man, did you even give Becky a chance? Now it looks like you'll get raped, if they didn't commit to a price, they very likely have MSRP in mind. Maybe you can still call or visit them and discuss the price, I sure wouldn't be comfortable without knowing what I would be paying, apart from the incentives.

Similarly to 2SS Capt, I also ordered my car and had everything but the rebates written into the order when handing over my deposit, including pricing details. In the end, when the car was delivered, the dealership honored the then-current incentives and even gave me a little extra loyalty bonus on top.

One more thing, the car your ordered technically isn't yours, the dealership purchases them from GM and the invoice will be in the dealership's name, so they can sell it to anyone and refund your deposit when the car comes in. This is why you need a great dealer and another reason why Becky comes highly recommended by several members here, she doesn't play these BS games.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 10:53 PM   #19
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
Well, my situation was different as I have a different outlook/view when I purchase my vehicles. I don't go in looking for the best possible deal, I go in to purchase what I want. But I understand what you are saying.
I purchased EXACTLY what I wanted (been planning this car for the last 10 years)... I just happened to take the time to find the dealer who actually wanted to sell the car to me for a reasonable price, I still got EXACTLY what I wanted, just 10+% less than what some other dealers wanted to sell it to me for... I used the $4,500+ saving to buy a Quick Jack and a bunch of other accessories for my new 2SS (PPF, Tint, Ceramic Coating, Cold Air Intake, many other customization's, etc)... I didn't compromise on anything, not even the price... I got EXACTLY what I wanted...

Here is a side note, if the ONLY option for me was to pay MSRP for what I wanted, I actually would have done it... This was a long time coming and I wasn't going to compromise... But when I found that SOME dealers were willing to work on price AND still let me order, I knew I had an in and worked it hard... I love a great deal, especially when I'm going to get EXACTLY what I wanted at a better price than I was expecting to pay...

Old 02-02-2020, 10:57 PM   #20
ApexSummit

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE, 17 Edge Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
I purchased EXACTLY what I wanted (been planning this car for the last 10 years)... I just happened to take the time to find the dealer who actually wanted to sell the car to me for a reasonable price, I still got EXACTLY what I wanted, just 10+% less than what some other dealers wanted to sell it to me for... I used the $4,500+ saving to buy a Quick Jack and a bunch of other accessories for my new 2SS (PPF, Tint, Ceramic Coating, Cold Air Intake, many other customization's, etc)... I didn't compromise on anything, not even the price... I got EXACTLY what I wanted...

Here is a side note, if the ONLY option for me was to pay MSRP for what I wanted, I actually would have done it... This was a long time coming and I wasn't going to compromise... But when I found that SOME dealers were willing to work on price AND still let me order, I knew I had an in and worked it hard... I love a great deal, especially when I'm going to get EXACTLY what I wanted at a better price than I was expecting to pay...
I wasn't trying to ruffle your feathers and I am very glad you got what you wanted. I deleted my previous message as to not derail the thread for the OP.

Take care.
ApexSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 11:01 PM   #21
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
I wasn't trying to ruffle your feathers and I am very glad you got what you wanted. I deleted my previous message as to not derail the thread for the OP.

Take care.
No worries, I was just making it clear that I didn't compromise a single thing that I wanted for price... If necessary, I would have paid MSRP to get exactly what I wanted, I just quickly found out that wasn't necessary (just because you order a car, (even though one slimy dealer in Escondido, CA tried to tell me it was "GM Policy" that if you ordered a car you HAD to pay MSRP), well I ordered my exact car and I CERTAINLY didn't pay MSRP)...

Old 02-03-2020, 10:20 AM   #22
KuroOkami

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I thank you all for your advice and comments, but I do NOT feel like I'm stuck in a bad position here, but rather the dealer is. Not have anything manuals to test drive is very telling to me that that is not the car that is selling. Also, I'm not in a rush here. Yes, it would suck to wait another couple of months to go through a different dealer to get the car I want and the price I want, but I am willing to do that. I feel that puts me in a better position. The dealer will be stuck trying to sell the car I specifically liked over what the masses may want and all I waste is a little time.
KuroOkami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 07:03 PM   #23
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Quote:
I thank you all for your advice and comments, but I do NOT feel like I'm stuck in a bad position here, but rather the dealer is. Not have anything manuals to test drive is very telling to me that that is not the car that is selling. Also, I'm not in a rush here. Yes, it would suck to wait another couple of months to go through a different dealer to get the car I want and the price I want, but I am willing to do that. I feel that puts me in a better position. The dealer will be stuck trying to sell the car I specifically liked over what the masses may want and all I waste is a little time.

A lot of people are scared to do one simple thing, get up and walk out. If you have good credit and the cash all you need to do to get your dream car is wait for it at a price you are willing to pay.

Make them chase you always unless your at one of the few who actually deal fairly.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 11:11 PM   #24
Mrbobcat

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT premium
Yep, I did that 4 or 5 times last summer because I thought I could get a better deal. Thinking back, A probably should have pulled the trigger on a couple of them. But they were not exactly what I wanted at the time. Only one or two ever tried calling me back and don't believe any of them offered me a better price.
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 02:06 PM   #25
KuroOkami

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Yeah, I'm not afraid to get up and walk out. I know I'm not asking for something unreasonable, and the deposit is fully refundable, so I lose nothing. I will let you all know how it goes.
KuroOkami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 02:50 PM   #26
Paulie-G

Drives: 2SS 1LE & ZR2
Best deal I got was when I ordered two of the identical Broncos from two different dealers. The price was set. rebates tbd.

I was in my 20s and looked like I was 16. I got a bad vibe from the first dealer.
The trucks come in at the same time, with my last name on the window stickers. lol
The dealer I felt good about gets me into finance and thats when it gets ugly.

I'm getting frustrated at the time ticking away so I tell the salesman to go check inventory for my other order, at the competing dealship.
The mgr comes in the room, beet red. screams at me to get "that red as a baboons ass truck off my lot" solid red, black cap, gray leather manual transfer case and hubs.

Just a thought about options. And no, I don't feel for the other dealer.
Paulie-G is offline   Reply With Quote