Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-03-2016, 07:41 AM   #1
Tyrolblue67

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Camaro
Order Form Option-Performance Exhaust?

Does anyone have any details on this? It's on the Camaro order form. There are two options for the SS. One with and one without ground effects. It says "not compatible with dual mode factory installed performance exhaust (NPP).
Thanks,
Tyrolblue67
Tyrolblue67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 08:09 AM   #2
MostlyHarmless

Drives: 2016 2SS A8 Convertible
Hi

I have just ordered one from Cultural to be fitted to my car (I already have the car, so doing this as an aftermarket option)

From what I understand it is a GM badged axle back exhaust that is actually made by either Corsa or Borla and gives you more sound than the stock exhaust.

If you search GMPP Performance Exhaust on here you will find a bit of commentary about it.

I think you can buy the alternatives slightly cheaper (I paid about $900 for mine from Cultural) but personally I am happy to pay the extra couple of hundred bucks to have complete peace of mind on my warranty. I know others would disagree and say that aftermarket axle backs are not a warranty issue

Thanks

Mark
MostlyHarmless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 08:57 AM   #3
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Ground effects uses a different rear skirt, performance exhaust on both are the same. The Npp option is different than what you can get after the fact from cultrag. The cultrag is not dual mode.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote