Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-11-2020, 05:13 PM   #29
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
Disneyland/Disneyworld are a couple places you can stand in long lines for hours and pay hundreds upon hundreds just like the Department of Motor Vehicles.
You do get the short bursts of fun in between the hours, so there is that.

Personally, I just can't really get into much of Disneyland other than a few items. I like Pirates of the Caribbean and that's about it, LOL. I feel like I mostly went just so I can say I have been there.

I did enjoy my trip at Universal, though. The VIP pass was very much worth it. You practically get to skip all the lines and you get to see a lot of things in the backstage in details that you don't see with a normal pass.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 05:35 PM   #30
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
My wife loves Disney world. Its not really my thing but I do love the snacks!

And my first stop is always the Test Track gift shop to check for Camaro gear.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 05:44 PM   #31
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Disneyland is California, Disney World is Florida.

The "exhibit" is Test Track. It has long been GM-sponsored but was changed over to be Chevy-sponsored when they did the updates on the ride five or six years ago. There is not real "demo" of anything - it's all just part of the ride and they pass it off as those things. I believe that the vehicles displayed at the end of the ride are all non-performance vehicles although they did add a C8.

FWIW, Radiator Springs Racers in California Adventure (Disneyland Resort) is built on the same ride technology but is a completely different (and much cooler) experience than Test Track.
was invited to disney in orlando many years ago when they still made firebirds.got to drive a course they set up with cones and you could go as fast as you wanted without losing control my buddy wiped out a cone.at that time they had WS-6 firebirds,vettes and several other cars that were not as cool.we were still driving 60s musclecars at the time so the braking and handling of the new stuff was incredible to us.must have been worth their time,we both drive modern camaros now.and if you get to universal,the aerosmith coaster is damn cool.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 06:55 PM   #32
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post

Personally, I just can't really get into much of Disneyland other than a few items. I like Pirates of the Caribbean and that's about it, LOL. I feel like I mostly went just so I can say I have been there.

I did enjoy my trip at Universal, though. The VIP pass was very much worth it. You practically get to skip all the lines and you get to see a lot of things in the backstage in details that you don't see with a normal pass.

I have been to WDW a LOT of times over the years. The very first time I went to Disneyland, though, I hated it for the first day. The two parks work very differently from each other! Once I figured out the subtleties of DLR, though, it was an awesome trip. And, returning the following year was just as great.

The "Nightmare Before Christmas" overlay that they do for Haunted Mansion in DLR is pretty cool to see, and the It's a Small World ride there is better than in Florida. Radiator Springs Racers definitely has it over Test Track, but the original Tower of Terror in Florida wins over the Guardians ride they now have in CA.

Each park has something different that's fun in its own right, but also because it's different. We were looking forward to Disneyland in January, but that's [obviously] not happening now.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 11:07 PM   #33
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Nobody ever said you have to grow up. You're never too old for Disney. I went to Disneyland for the first time in 1956 and WDW in the early 70's, a year or so after it opened. I go back every chance I get (can afford). My wife isn't as enthusiastic as I am but goes along to humor me and always has a good time.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 12:56 AM   #34
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post

Is there a Universal CA by DL CA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
was invited to disney in orlando many years ago when they still made firebirds.got to drive a course they set up with cones and you could go as fast as you wanted without losing control my buddy wiped out a cone.at that time they had WS-6 firebirds,vettes and several other cars that were not as cool.we were still driving 60s musclecars at the time so the braking and handling of the new stuff was incredible to us.must have been worth their time,we both drive modern camaros now.and if you get to universal,the aerosmith coaster is damn cool.
This is old but, my god man, spacing and capitalization. My 10yr old could do better.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 07:28 AM   #35
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
Nobody ever said you have to grow up. You're never too old for Disney. I went to Disneyland for the first time in 1956 and WDW in the early 70's, a year or so after it opened. I go back every chance I get (can afford). My wife isn't as enthusiastic as I am but goes along to humor me and always has a good time.
True story! lol
Old 10-13-2020, 08:22 AM   #36
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
True story! lol
+1. Gotta talk food too though... so far Jiko is by far my favorite that we've been to.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 08:49 AM   #37
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
+1. Gotta talk food too though... so far Jiko is by far my favorite that we've been to.
We do not go to Disney for the food, period. And we almost never do any kind of sit-down meal in the parks because it just takes way too much time away from the parks themselves.

With that said, there are some things that we enjoy taking advantage of when we're there.

We enjoy Earl of Sandwich at Disney Springs, although we absolutely hate Disney Springs (it was SO much better before it was turned into an outdoor shopping mall). We also like Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge's Kidani location. Kusafiri for breakfast at Animal Kingdom and Sleepy Hollow at Magic Kingdom are favorites as well. The nachos at the Mexico pavilion in EPCOT are a meal in themselves and tasting around the world for Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT makes for an awesome day of "picking". The Back Lot restaurant at Hollywood Studios has some good chicken tenders, but mostly the food there is pretty boring.

A "little birdie" told me that the bowls at Satu'li Canteen (Animal Kingdom) are really good as she went there when I went on a ride she wasn't interested in - I never made it back there myself to try it out.

The beignets at Port Orleans are worth a trip to the resort just for them, but we enjoy the fact that you can get them INSIDE Disneyland with coffee for breakfast much more. Also at Disneyland is the Pacific Wharf Cafe at California Adventure that has very good bread bowl soup.

A Mickey Pretzel always makes for a great snack.
Old 10-13-2020, 11:25 AM   #38
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:

We love Jiko and Boma.

We did Victoria & Albert's. Hands down the best meal I ever had.

I go to Disney for the cupcakes and Mickey waffles.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 01:45 PM   #39
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Is there a Universal CA by DL CA?

This is old but, my god man, spacing and capitalization. My 10yr old could do better.

It's about an hour or two from each other. Depending on traffic of course. But yes there's one close-ish
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 03:22 PM   #40
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
We do not go to Disney for the food, period. And we almost never do any kind of sit-down meal in the parks because it just takes way too much time away from the parks themselves.

With that said, there are some things that we enjoy taking advantage of when we're there.

We enjoy Earl of Sandwich at Disney Springs, although we absolutely hate Disney Springs (it was SO much better before it was turned into an outdoor shopping mall). We also like Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge's Kidani location. Kusafiri for breakfast at Animal Kingdom and Sleepy Hollow at Magic Kingdom are favorites as well. The nachos at the Mexico pavilion in EPCOT are a meal in themselves and tasting around the world for Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT makes for an awesome day of "picking". The Back Lot restaurant at Hollywood Studios has some good chicken tenders, but mostly the food there is pretty boring.

A "little birdie" told me that the bowls at Satu'li Canteen (Animal Kingdom) are really good as she went there when I went on a ride she wasn't interested in - I never made it back there myself to try it out.

The beignets at Port Orleans are worth a trip to the resort just for them, but we enjoy the fact that you can get them INSIDE Disneyland with coffee for breakfast much more. Also at Disneyland is the Pacific Wharf Cafe at California Adventure that has very good bread bowl soup.

A Mickey Pretzel always makes for a great snack.
Usually we're in the same boat but this last time we wanted to get in on some of the better dining options. Usually we go during off-peak periods so we get lots of time in the parks.

Jiko's menu looked the closest to what she'd be interested in so we gave it a shot. Loved it. Enjoyed Yak & Yeti too in AK, hadn't been there before last trip. We've had some of the stuff around Epicot, sat down Tutto Italia and the only thing of note was the Tira misu martini. Food was mediocre. Same with Les Chef's de France. The mashed potatoes there freaked my daughter out, lol. "DO NOT WANT!!" Have been to Raglan Road at DS and it was just ok. Entertainment was cool, Irish twins in spandex playing fiddles. Planet Hollywood & House of Blues both kinda sucked. "Be our guest" in MK was better than expected and the wife got to see the West Wing. She's a big Beauty & the Beast fan so it was a good day for her, on top of getting to see Disney all decked out in Christmas decor.

Usually we don't snack either. We'll grab some coffee and maybe a donut, power through the day until one of us gets hungry and sit down for some lunch and then back to it until dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH
We love Jiko and Boma.

We did Victoria & Albert's. Hands down the best meal I ever had.

I go to Disney for the cupcakes and Mickey waffles.
Didn't get to try Boma, but loved Jiko. Service was great, love the theme. Steaks were good, the wild boar was interesting (never had that before), and the drinks kicked ass. V&A's was way up my list but not in the budget last trip. But I'm gonna get us in there the next time. I don't think I've eaten anywhere with that kind of rep so I'm looking forward to it. Wanted to try Morimoto too but didn't get to. Wanted to try some of their Wagyu appetizers and stuff.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 04:37 PM   #41
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Usually we're in the same boat but this last time we wanted to get in on some of the better dining options. Usually we go during off-peak periods so we get lots of time in the parks.

Jiko's menu looked the closest to what she'd be interested in so we gave it a shot. Loved it. Enjoyed Yak & Yeti too in AK, hadn't been there before last trip. We've had some of the stuff around Epicot, sat down Tutto Italia and the only thing of note was the Tira misu martini. Food was mediocre. Same with Les Chef's de France. The mashed potatoes there freaked my daughter out, lol. "DO NOT WANT!!" Have been to Raglan Road at DS and it was just ok. Entertainment was cool, Irish twins in spandex playing fiddles. Planet Hollywood & House of Blues both kinda sucked. "Be our guest" in MK was better than expected and the wife got to see the West Wing. She's a big Beauty & the Beast fan so it was a good day for her, on top of getting to see Disney all decked out in Christmas decor.

Usually we don't snack either. We'll grab some coffee and maybe a donut, power through the day until one of us gets hungry and sit down for some lunch and then back to it until dinner.

Didn't get to try Boma, but loved Jiko. Service was great, love the theme. Steaks were good, the wild boar was interesting (never had that before), and the drinks kicked ass. V&A's was way up my list but not in the budget last trip. But I'm gonna get us in there the next time. I don't think I've eaten anywhere with that kind of rep so I'm looking forward to it. Wanted to try Morimoto too but didn't get to. Wanted to try some of their Wagyu appetizers and stuff.
We've stayed a couple of times in Jambo House but didn't hit the sit-down restaurants there. Even going to Sanaa the last trip was out of character for us, but it was a very good meal.

On park days, we usually do something like this: Use our refillable mugs to get a coffee from the local quick-service place at the resort we're at and we order breakfast (something with eggs for the protein). Once we finish breakfast, we refill the mugs with coffee and head back to the room. We dump the coffee into our thermal travel mugs and grab a backpack and leave for the parks.

The backpack has Chex Mix and a couple of granola bars along with a couple of bottles of water. Once we empty the water bottle, we refill it at the park so we can keep ourselves hydrated throughout the day. We sort of decide on the fly what we want to do meal-wise, and that can vary from one park to the next.

If we go to Magic Kingdom, we skip breakfast at the hotel and go to Sleepy Hollow instead (chicken and waffle sandwich!). Since that's later, we probably will skip lunch and maybe just get a pretzel or something before grabbing dinner at either Pecos Bill's, Casey's, or whatever else grabs our fancy.

Animal Kingdom is also a "skip breakfast at the hotel" park since we go to Kusafiri. Similar here to what happens at MK except that we might go to Flame Tree or Satu'li Canteen for a late lunch / early dinner.

We really don't eat much at Hollywood Studios since we're seldom there long enough to get hungry. Maybe Back Lot Cafe.

For EPCOT, it's a complete crap-shoot of where we might eat because there are a lot of good options for small, quick bites and quick-service meals.

We don't do the Dining Plan, ever. I always track exactly what we spend on food and drink, and we buy whatever we want whenever we want it - zero restrictions. I've never been able to come out ahead with the cost of the Dining Plan compared to actual dollars spent.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:55 AM   #42
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
We just came back from Disney, this was from the parade. I think there were 3 or 4 Camaros with characters.
Attached Images

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote