Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 05-30-2020, 05:45 AM   #43
TexasFox

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Too many posts to single out one in particular.... NLS sounds AWFUL!!!
But I did it yesterday finally, rain Tuesday, took truck, Wednesday and Thursday too R1, and so yesterday I tried NLS (at target 5,000 RPMs, as I HAD NOT read subsequent posts yet), but the sound UGH and the time?! BARF!!! I tried just 0-60 first, to practice, 0-60 was 4.8 sec on Camaro’s track app... although I continued through 4th gear, to see, and at 5,000 did NLS no problems EXCEPT distasteful sound. Then I went to normal 1/4 test place, and did NLS through 4th and got a 13.1 time, and same exact 4.8 seconds 0-60 too... HORRIBLE!!! So to be fair, same day, same driver test, I got off and back onto a somewhat roller coaster on-ramp and probably did the FASTEST 2/3rds of a 1/4 mile launch using my shifting, and at 6,250 RPMs, but miscalculated how long on-ramp was, and at 10.9 I realized I didn’t have room to beat SEMI before our lanes merged, so I slammed those Brembos to make room and let off and got behind, and timer kept ticking, and showed a 13.2 quarter mile?! WHAT THE HECK?! I was so much faster that inspite of slamming into brakes I only lost 1/10th to a NLS quarter mile time?! And I clocked a 0-60 of 4.5 seconds that time (it’s hp robbing hot here in Texas right now, AND I have these pics if someone will tell me how to post them up?!) so I took next exit available, same deal, no NLS, just me, great launch, couldn’t find 3rd first time (I choked), and finally finished with 12.7 seconds quarter mile time BOTCHING 3rd gear, BUT exact same 0-60 time of 4.5 seconds. LOL but that wasn’t best part of yesterday, see I try to fill up at end of day right before home but I forgot on Monday, so I’d clicked 95.0 miles, and it took 11.909 premium to fill!!! 7.977 mpg is the LOWEST I’ve ever got on street driving with ANY car, I usually get 3.2 mpg autocrossing, but under 8 mpg on street is bragging rights Hahahaha
TexasFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 09:55 AM   #44
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
Hoping to help here with a clarification on NLS. For the 1LE the feature enables well below red line and then stays enabled all the way to red line. So, I would suggest you try NLS above the enable rpm and shift as close to red line as you can.

To get the most out of straight line speed one needs to hold every gear and shift as close to red line as possible. I know our engines start to drop hp and tq before red line but when you factor in gear multiplication you will always put down more force at the wheels when you shift right at red line in the gear you are in versus shifting early to the next gear (even if you have passed peak hp/tq).

Using NLS at that red line shift makes for a quicker/better shift into the next gear as it will hold rpm for that next gear.

Good luck and have fun as you experiment with launches and shift points.
EXACTLY. Why would you shift at 5k? The LT1 makes max hp at 6k+, so shifting early is losing acceleration. You want to shift above max hp. The first time I used NLS on my previous 1LE, I shifted at just over 6k. I didn’t time it but it was unbelievable. Lighting shifts.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
m6 tremec gear ratio ss 1le