Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-28-2018, 11:39 PM   #43
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
Because of the blind spot alert I torn between 2017 2ss and 2017 1le. Dang
I like the side-mirrors, been useful a few times, but the rear cross-traffic alert is very good IMO. I learned to backup ultra slow with my 2010 C5 SS and my BMW 4-series GC had about the exact same size rear window, but even still, you can't see someone barreling down a row of parked cars unless they are right behind you. The cross-traffic sensor will sense this well ahead of time and alert you. It's nice and not intrusive, it only seems to come on when there is really a significant concern. I rented a new Acadia with all the bells and whistles last week and that was really intrusive with it's safety systems.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 10:19 AM   #44
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
I like the side-mirrors, been useful a few times, but the rear cross-traffic alert is very good IMO. I learned to backup ultra slow with my 2010 C5 SS and my BMW 4-series GC had about the exact same size rear window, but even still, you can't see someone barreling down a row of parked cars unless they are right behind you. The cross-traffic sensor will sense this well ahead of time and alert you. It's nice and not intrusive, it only seems to come on when there is really a significant concern. I rented a new Acadia with all the bells and whistles last week and that was really intrusive with it's safety systems.
Cross traffic sensor—another factor to consider! what year did they become available? Ty
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 11:02 AM   #45
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
Cross traffic sensor—another factor to consider! what year did they become available? Ty
It's part of the package, it's been there since the 2SS was offered.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 11:29 AM   #46
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted_ST View Post
Getting a 2SS was a no-brainer for me.

The nice Bose stereo is worth $1K.
Rear cross-traffic alert alone is worth an additional $1K.
Rear parking sensors are worth perhaps $500
Blind Spot monitoring is worth an additional $1K
Power Memory seats
Dual Zone climate control
Heated Steering Wheel
Heated side-view mirrors
Ventilated Seats
Interior Spectrum Lighting
Illuminated Door Sills

All of this adds value to your car. Further, come resale, you'll be able to recoup at least $2K if not more.

I wanted the rear sensors and rear cross traffic alert. No way I'd have purchased a Camaro without one. I'm glad that GM offers 2SS 1LE!

I didn't need all the extra equipment on the 2SS, I'm fine with the 1SS 1LE level.
And you are right the 2SS will bring more on resale or trade, probably more than $2K. I'm thinking closer to $4K.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:21 AM   #47
TEST DRyVer

Drives: 17 ZL1 6mt with PDR
So now I have to be specific in shopping for an 2SS 1LE. I didn't even know that existed till reading this thread. The configurator online doesn't really make it clear that you car order an 1SS or 2SS with the 1LE PKG. I thought once you went with the 1LE, you automatically get blind spot monitor. I don't necessarily need the additional features of the 2SS (heated and ventilated seats are nice, but with Alacantara inserts it's not a necessity for me). As far as blind spot monitor (rear cross traffic is nice also, considering the lack of visibility), it's a must have for me! There are certain features that once you get used to, they're Hard to give up. Blind spot monitor on my Cayman and BMW are not standard, and both silly expensive to have them, but I opted to have them on both cars. I put almost 100 miles a day on my commute, and when you're sleepy, blind spot monitors are an added layer of defense...

Esthetics: Nardo Grey wrap with original black accents throughout, complete Xpel ceramic coat, Diode Dynamics markers, Smoked GM tail & 3rd brake light, C7 Carbon 1LE style Spoiler in blk, ACS splash guards, blk'd out emblems. Variant Krypton wheels in Gloss black.

Performance: AWE Touring catback exhaust with resonator, Rotofab dry intake, TM throttle body, Kooks 1 7/8 Headers with Green Cats, Advanced Fuel Dynamics Flex Fuel kit with e50 blend and dyno tuned.

Current Family car (for the wifey): 2021 Audi SQ5
TEST DRyVer is offline   Reply With Quote