#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-28-2016, 01:03 PM   #127
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Didn't the Voodoo vibrate itself to pieces early on in testing? I thought one of the test cars had a massive failure because a bolt, or bolts, as vibrated loose.
I am sure this happened before they perfected it. Even Ferrari said 5.2 FPC couldn't be done due to vibration issues, so it really is an impressive achievement. Well done Ford!
Old 10-28-2016, 01:18 PM   #128
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Even Ferrari said 5.2 FPC couldn't be done due to vibration issues, so it really is an impressive achievement. Well done Ford!
...and the Voodoo DOES have vibration issues. My friends dashboard vibrates like crazy at certain revs. It's not uncommon in those cars at all and a few reviews have mentioned it too.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:18 PM   #129
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryephile View Post
I'll hazard that you might be reading *too* much into it. At the end of the day each vehicles' development is on a strict schedule and they're going to make the best car they know how with the time, budget, and staff expertise on hand.

If you benchmark a Mustang GTPP versus a GT350, the latter decimates it at a racetrack, no questions or asterisks needed. Sure the Ford team benchmarked the 5g Z/28 at one point, but you can't force the new car to be quicker if you're out of cards to play with that product cycle. It's just the way the dice roll.

As an enthusiast and car owner at the track, your happiness really should not be dictated by whether you can out-pace car X, because there will always be a quicker driver and car there. Just when you blew you life savings to buy that C7 Z06/Z07, someone will roll up in a Radical SR8 LM. If you 2nd mortgage the house to show up in that Radical, then someone will show up in a Staudacher DSR and leave you for dead while breaking the overall track record. Getting hung up on how some myopic idiot tries to make condescending remarks about someone elses car [e.g. pushrods] or whether one version of a Mustang meets your expectations on paper really shouldn't impact your life. Leave that BS behind and focus on what makes you happy.
I agree with you 100%. I tell people that if you ever drove a Miata, then you know you don't have to spend the most or be the fastest to have fun. And, as you said, cars are developed with a strict schedule, BUT, the GT350 was delayed more than any standard delay. Personally, I was hoping that was because it was going to be such a monster, and they were making sure it was going to meet their (and my) expectations. Ford might have met their expectations, but it failed mine. Perhaps I had too high of expectations on the car. Perhaps I bought into the hype too much.

It's still a great track car, and if ever I find one a few years from now at a reasonable price, and I am in the market, I would LOVE to get one, and take to the track on a regular basis. Never drove one, but I am pretty certain, I would LOVE to rev the crap out of that engine on a nice road course. And I would enjoy that. What rained on my personal parade (just my opinion here, and not knocking anyone who feels differently), was the ADM crap, non-track pack issue (because had I bought one, I probably would have chosen the tech pack over the track pack), and the performance turning out to be not as special as the engine.

In comparison, GM made a big deal and hyped the crap out of the Gen6, I had high expectations because of this, I bought one, and it shocked me how much it lived up to my high expectations. I'm not one to sugar coat something, or make excuses for something just because I bought it. If I had issues with my car, I would let everyone know. LOVE the MRC, LOVE the NPP, the LT1 is amazing, the chassis is all they said it was, and the tires are still blowing me away how well they perform (let alone how well they perform for run flats) and how long they are lasting given their stickiness. I can go on and on here, but you get my point.

All's well that ends well though... taking my 1SS to the track in less than two weeks!! Plus, I have lowered my expectations on the GT350 quite a bit, Ford is working out the bugs, now if they would just lower the price accordingly (mostly an ADM issue there), perhaps I can have one of those in the future...
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 02:06 PM   #130
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
...and the Voodoo DOES have vibration issues. My friends dashboard vibrates like crazy at certain revs. It's not uncommon in those cars at all and a few reviews have mentioned it too.
Oh, for sure!! Some owners are quite concerned the vibration issues are causing the oil pressure gauges to fail. There have been enough to be concerned. Should have beefed them up from the GT version. Another reason I think it is just too expensive. It is still just a Mustang.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:13 PM   #131
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Thumbs up

Most magazines like MT, C&D and R&T speak very highly about the GT350/R driving experience, that even that better GM vehicles like the 6th.gen ZL1, Corvettes Stingray Z51 & Grand Sport have beaten fairly easy those Shelbys by the performance numbers and with better lap times compared to those Mustangs, but apparently they praise those Shelby's highly because of their driver involvement feeling While driving on the road even comparing it to Drive like Mazda Miatas with a bigger engine. Ford is taking advantage with those crazy overprices. But what really caught my eye was this very special phrase shown on the late MT ZL1 VS GT350R:
"I will also go on record stating that I preferred the way the SS 1LE handled compared to the ZL1-and also to the GT350R"
That was pretty amazing I did not expected that.
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote