Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-20-2018, 09:04 PM   #85
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
A month after installing the GM pre-painted splash guards, I noticed the area in front of the rear wheels above the small factory PPF was starting to get some chips in the clearcoat. No doubt the splash guards help slow the chipping, but not 100% by any means So yesterday I took the car to a local certified XPEL installer. He replaced the factory pieces with similar shaped pieces that covered that entire area in front of the rear wheels up the seam. $120. Well worth the peace of mind!
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
wjones14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:08 PM   #86
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post
A month after installing the GM pre-painted splash guards, I noticed the area in front of the rear wheels above the small factory PPF was starting to get some chips in the clearcoat. No doubt the splash guards help slow the chipping, but not 100% by any means So yesterday I took the car to a local certified XPEL installer. He replaced the factory pieces with similar shaped pieces that covered that entire area in front of the rear wheels up the seam. $120. Well worth the peace of mind!

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:32 AM   #87
Reddy1LE

Drives: 1SS 1LE
I cleaned my car yesterday, for the first time. Actually for context..I dont have a water system at my apartment area so i used that new AMMO product for waterless wash once and I cleaned my car once using a hose prior but was rushed..

Anyway. Got access to a hose again and was able to take my time and...Holy $@(! I see the stories on here and kept saying to myself "I'll be fine"....

Nope. I see all the white marks on the car and horrible chips. Is the paint that thin??? I mean i thought my evo had thin paint but nothing like this...
What this car really needs is a notification eliminator. There's a wi-fi notification. Bluetooth notification. Parking brake disabled notification. Always some annoying notification popping up. - Navigator post
Reddy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote