Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Texas

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-21-2017, 11:38 PM   #1
'Merica

Drives: 2LT RS
Where would you go?

Hey future neighbors! I am currently in Tampa, FL but I will be moving to Houston in August with the Fiancé due to a job relocation.

Any suggestions for the area? I have heard traffic is definitely an issue. My office is just south of the airport, and so far I have only done the basic Zillow research.

The two areas we like so far are The Woodlands and Downtown. We most likely will rent an apartment for 6 months-12 months and potentially will look for a house to purchase after.

Thanks for the help and hopefully you guys have some local meets!
'Merica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:12 AM   #2
deButler

Drives: 2016 HBM 2SS 6M
Welcome to H-Town

Traffic is definitely one of the biggest factors you want to consider in deciding where to locate. If you were only driving to the beltway eight loop from the woodlands the traffic is not as bad as going all the way into downtown. From downtown out to the beltway can get backed up during high traffic times.

There is a really good Camaro club in Houston. Check out the H–Town Camaro club webpage. A really great group of folks and lots of fun events.

deButler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 11:33 AM   #3
interceptor

Drives: Stock '17 2SS M6 50th - DD '99 F150
I think it really depends on where you are going to be working.

The woodlands is a pretty dense area with its own set of traffic challenges. While you are looking, check out the Kingwood area. It's convenient to the woodlands thanks to the newly opened Grand Parkway. Like the Woodlands, lots of trees and trails to choose from.

Where ever you end up, pay close attention to water runoff. We get some pretty good gully washers when the skies open up!

As for local meets, I'm still looking for them myself. ☺

Regardless, welcome to the Lone Star State!

interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:14 AM   #4
ljc

Drives: 2ss Nightfall Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Merica View Post
Hey future neighbors! I am currently in Tampa, FL but I will be moving to Houston in August with the Fiancé due to a job relocation.

Any suggestions for the area? I have heard traffic is definitely an issue. My office is just south of the airport, and so far I have only done the basic Zillow research.

The two areas we like so far are The Woodlands and Downtown. We most likely will rent an apartment for 6 months-12 months and potentially will look for a house to purchase after.

Thanks for the help and hopefully you guys have some local meets!
I'll say welcome now before you arrive! Since you'll need a "tour" guide, bring me a Dogo Argentino puppy and I'll show you everything and place in H-town.
ljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:34 AM   #5
'Merica

Quote:
Originally Posted by deButler View Post
Traffic is definitely one of the biggest factors you want to consider in deciding where to locate. If you were only driving to the beltway eight loop from the woodlands the traffic is not as bad as going all the way into downtown. From downtown out to the beltway can get backed up during high traffic times.

There is a really good Camaro club in Houston. Check out the H–Town Camaro club webpage. A really great group of folks and lots of fun events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by interceptor View Post
I think it really depends on where you are going to be working.

The woodlands is a pretty dense area with its own set of traffic challenges. While you are looking, check out the Kingwood area. It's convenient to the woodlands thanks to the newly opened Grand Parkway. Like the Woodlands, lots of trees and trails to choose from.

Where ever you end up, pay close attention to water runoff. We get some pretty good gully washers when the skies open up!

As for local meets, I'm still looking for them myself. ☺

Regardless, welcome to the Lone Star State!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljc View Post
I'll say welcome now before you arrive! Since you'll need a "tour" guide, bring me a Dogo Argentino puppy and I'll show you everything and place in H-town.
Thanks everyone... Our office is just East of Aldine and about a few miles South of the Sam Houston Toll and Airport.

So far, we are looking in Spring, The Woodlands, and one place over in the Houston Groves/Lake Houston community. It seems like the office isn't in the greatest of areas for commuting.

We are in our late 20's so we don't really do the party scene too much anymore, but it'd be nice to have a bunch of things to do around us. That's why we were leaning towards The Woodlands. After looking more closely, living in Downtown just seems like it will break the bank and will have us end up living in traffic lol
Old 04-25-2017, 06:29 AM   #6
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Awesome!!! Come on down... we have meets almost every weekend here as the Camaro Club is always busy with something.

I also live up in The Woodlands area and love it. You'll have the Hardy Toll as an option for nice travel to your work location. I drive it every day back and forth to downtown Houston. Also, don't limit yourself North wise to The Woodlands as it's only a couple minutes further to Montgomery County, lots of great neighborhoods, lower taxes and great neighborhoods.

Look forward to meeting up with you sometime.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:06 AM   #7
'Merica

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Awesome!!! Come on down... we have meets almost every weekend here as the Camaro Club is always busy with something.

I also live up in The Woodlands area and love it. You'll have the Hardy Toll as an option for nice travel to your work location. I drive it every day back and forth to downtown Houston. Also, don't limit yourself North wise to The Woodlands as it's only a couple minutes further to Montgomery County, lots of great neighborhoods, lower taxes and great neighborhoods.

Look forward to meeting up with you sometime.
We are definitely leaning towards the Spring area as of now. There is some new construction and they have pretty reasonable deals right now. More specifically, right around the intersection of the Hardy Toll Road and I-45. We figure it's a good split between my company and The Woodlands.

I will definitely be down for some meet-ups as we don't know anyone in the area whatsoever lol
Old 05-04-2017, 08:46 PM   #8
deButler

Drives: 2016 HBM 2SS 6M
Quote:
We are definitely leaning towards the Spring area as of now. There is some new construction and they have pretty reasonable deals right now. More specifically, right around the intersection of the Hardy Toll Road and I-45. We figure it's a good split between my company and The Woodlands.

I will definitely be down for some meet-ups as we don't know anyone in the area whatsoever lol
Give a shout when you are over. We are also just N of Woodlands off of FM1488. We relocated here also so know that move feeling. If you need anything just shout. GL on the move.
deButler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 11:49 PM   #9
'Merica

Quote:
Originally Posted by deButler View Post
Give a shout when you are over. We are also just N of Woodlands off of FM1488. We relocated here also so know that move feeling. If you need anything just shout. GL on the move.
Awesome, sounds good. We plan on having both vehicles shipped. It's not the longest drive in the world, but it will be a lot easier and will keep the milage off
Old 05-16-2017, 09:19 AM   #10
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:

That is a great choice. My son closes on a house in that area next week. (99 and Gosling - Mckenzie Park) In addition to the Hardy toll road for North/South you're also close to 99 the Grand Parkway to get East and West very easy. I think you will be happy with your choice. Anything we can do to help let us know.

Big caravan to CamaroFest leaves from Houston in July if you want to join us.