Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-16-2018, 09:01 AM   #43
Snakebt6

Drives: Rally Green 2020 ZL1 1LE A10
Based on reading the link. (I'm a fan of all the options btw just a cleaner explanation and a show and tell video of how to use the system from GM would be nice.)

Here's my mental summary of it all.

Sport mode: 2 presses or Track mode: 1 press puts you in comp mode with no traction control and "some" stabili track.

This I assume is what you'd want for drag/roll racing.

Id say even on a road course its pretty close to the car being its true self without any aides and not much different then PTM race mode is my interpretation.

The other PTM modes are there for as much or as little help from the car that you'd want on a road course. Wet being the most, Race being the least.
Snakebt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:06 AM   #44
BMWM.D.

Drives: ZL1/335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccw View Post
By the way, I have a ZL1 1LE with about 900rwhp. In Track PTM Race it definitely cuts power on me when I'm in the canyons. In competitive driving mode there's a huge difference. I've documented this, and so has my tuner.
While my car doesn’t make that kind of power, that’s exactly what I experienced with PTM Race. That’s why I just turn off TC in Tour, or use the Comp mode in Sport.

Last edited by BMWM.D.; 08-16-2018 at 09:33 AM.
BMWM.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:13 AM   #45
collinms

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebt6 View Post

Here's my mental summary of it all.

Sport mode: 2 presses or Track mode: 1 press puts you in comp mode with no traction control and "some" stabili track.

This I assume is what you'd want for drag/roll racing.
This was my conclusion as well. And for mountain runs or track I am sticking with Track PTM Sport 1. That way I still have stability control and the eDiff working to control turn in and overall traction out of corners.

Street/Drag/Roll Racing: Comp Mode
Mountain/Track: Track Sport 1
collinms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 11:42 AM   #46
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by collinms View Post
This was my conclusion as well. And for mountain runs or track I am sticking with Track PTM Sport 1. That way I still have stability control and the eDiff working to control turn in and overall traction out of corners.

I concur.

I just wish we were able to control the throttle mapping in each mode. I like the Sport response better and wish it was available in Track mode.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:35 PM   #47
ccw

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:

If you're able to drive the car in the mountains on Track Sport 1 without a lot of nanny interference, you're really not pushing the car hard at all. I can't go in the mountains with any of the PTM modes as the car simply starts cutting too much power. I keep it in COMP mode with TC off, and it works so much better. But, hey, your results might be different as I drive my car close to the limit at times.
ccw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:52 PM   #48
collinms

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccw View Post
If you're able to drive the car in the mountains on Track Sport 1 without a lot of nanny interference, you're really not pushing the car hard at all. I can't go in the mountains with any of the PTM modes as the car simply starts cutting too much power. I keep it in COMP mode with TC off, and it works so much better. But, hey, your results might be different as I drive my car close to the limit at times.
You are probably right, but I like having the extra safety net. I don't get much intervention in that mode once the tires warm up. There are allot of bicyclists on my route and I'm not trying to kill anyone. I'm probably only going 8 or 9 tenths of what the car can do and I'm okay with that. I still have fun.
collinms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 02:04 PM   #49
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
You are probably right, but I like having the extra safety net. I don't get much intervention in that mode once the tires warm up. There are allot of bicyclists on my route and I'm not trying to kill anyone. I'm probably only going 8 or 9 tenths of what the car can do and I'm okay with that. I still have fun.
AGREED!!

I get too worried about hitting some loose gravel or encountering bicyclists on some of my favorite back roads.

There is still plenty of fun to be had at 8/10th on the right roads.

10/10th driving (except for a few on/off ramps) are for the track, especially back roads and mountain roads

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 04:07 PM   #50
ccw

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
AGREED!!

I get too worried about hitting some loose gravel or encountering bicyclists on some of my favorite back roads.

There is still plenty of fun to be had at 8/10th on the right roads.

10/10th driving (except for a few on/off ramps) are for the track, especially back roads and mountain roads
Always leave a margin of error on the street, especially in the mountains. But even at 8/10th, my car is definitely cutting power in PTM modes. No doubt about it. It becomes too distracting for me so I've learned to just leave it in COMP mode.
ccw is offline   Reply With Quote