Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-21-2016, 06:27 PM   #533
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
Any chance they make pricing and ordering status announcement in NY?
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:50 PM   #534
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
Not a chance. That normally comes out right before ordering starts.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:59 PM   #535
mkorgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Ok, so this question may require its own thread...if so I apologize....but why release a car like the 1LE and the ZL1 without having a specific plan to quickly follow it with pricing and availability information?

I imagine that there are quite a few folks not buying an SS now because the are waiting for information on the 1LE and then you compound that with the announcement of the ZL1. I understand wanting to generate excitement and that they have done but I just don't understand the logic associated with keeping your customer base guessing rather than buying.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:09 PM   #536
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Ok, so this question may require its own thread...if so I apologize....but why release a car like the 1LE and the ZL1 without having a specific plan to quickly follow it with pricing and availability information?

I imagine that there are quite a few folks not buying an SS now because the are waiting for information on the 1LE and then you compound that with the announcement of the ZL1. I understand wanting to generate excitement and that they have done but I just don't understand the logic associated with keeping your customer base guessing rather than buying.
maybe they are shoring up costs, negotiating contracts and yada yada for supply chain, labor etc. in order to make sure they can provide us the best price possible...get their target margins etc.

i dont know if this stuff would already be in place at this stage or not. if they have all they need to price it then perhaps there is some competetive market strategy at play
Old 03-21-2016, 07:09 PM   #537

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I'd say they have released availability info....pricing and ordering will be in line with the rest of the '17 Model Year, and availability "late in '16"....That in itself is a pretty good headsup. If the 1LE and ZL-1 were to be '16 Model Year cars, then, yeah, we should be given the pricing info now. but they are '17s....

The convertible pricing was made known right away, as it will be available on '16s....
90503 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:28 PM   #538
mkorgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I'd say they have released availability info....pricing and ordering will be in line with the rest of the '17 Model Year, and availability "late in '16"....That in itself is a pretty good headsup. If the 1LE and ZL-1 were to be '16 Model Year cars, then, yeah, we should be given the pricing info now. but they are '17s....

The convertible pricing was made known right away, as it will be available on '16s....
Well, let me ask the next question. Maybe our friendly moderator who was at the unveiling will know. The Z/28 had a dealer allocation process based on a very limited production number. The Z06 also has a dealer allocation though a higher production # than the Z/28. The dealer I will be buying my ZL1 from told me the day of the release they expect the ZL1 to have a dealer allocation much like the Z06 (which they got 39 of based on being a very high volume dealer). So, will this complicate things for the ZL1 like it did for the Z/28 or will we be able to go into a dealer and order one like they can an SS? I know we don't have answers right now but I am going out of my mind thinking of little things like this.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:12 PM   #539
oakaro68

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Well, let me ask the next question. Maybe our friendly moderator who was at the unveiling will know. The Z/28 had a dealer allocation process based on a very limited production number. The Z06 also has a dealer allocation though a higher production # than the Z/28. The dealer I will be buying my ZL1 from told me the day of the release they expect the ZL1 to have a dealer allocation much like the Z06 (which they got 39 of based on being a very high volume dealer). So, will this complicate things for the ZL1 like it did for the Z/28 or will we be able to go into a dealer and order one like they can an SS? I know we don't have answers right now but I am going out of my mind thinking of little things like this.
Very interesting point... I sure hope we can order them from the factory
oakaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 08:41 PM   #540
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Quote:
Well, let me ask the next question. Maybe our friendly moderator who was at the unveiling will know.
Im sure he has an idea. But if he told, he would probably never be invited to another GM event. Nor would he have their trust anymore either. Not worth it. Pricing will probably be released the same way it's always been. A month before ordering begins.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:46 PM   #541
GoneBoy

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Because on-the-job productivity for many of us has steadily declined by double digit percentages each month as we scoured the web all day searching for updates. GM did this so we can remain employed up till whenever they finally decide to open up their ordering books.

Quote:
That may be true. But there's a whole other subset of folks who have been waiting specifically for the zl1 and 1le. They were never going to buy an ss to begin with. And I don't think it's that much of a guess anymore. We have all the basic info on both models except pricing, which you can pretty much guestimate. I think the general consensus is that the 1le may hover around the 2SS price, while the the ZL1 be in the low to mid $60's, plus options.
GoneBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:08 PM   #542
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:

Technically, neither the 1LE or the ZL1 has been "released", yet. They've been unveiled, with little information like you've said.

They have a plan to release information, but pricing (among other things) are some of the very last bits of information they finalize. And you don't tell people any information (or even guesses) unless you're sure.

Excitement and wow-factor is the primary purpose of these bits of news. While some people who might have been in the market for an SS and are waiting, others still may have been in the market for Mustangs, Challengers, or other cars that are waiting, too. Plus, the magazines are having a field day, and put Chevy, Camaro, and ZL1 in the news. That's all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I'd say they have released availability info....pricing and ordering will be in line with the rest of the '17 Model Year, and availability "late in '16"....That in itself is a pretty good headsup.

Quote:
I don't pretend to full understand how allocation works. I imagine the dealer you're talking to is not far off the mark. Every vehicle, every dealership, every manufacturer is affected by the allocations process. Its purpose is to enable fairness and stability to the dealer franchise system. So it's largely based on sales history, regional demographics, and sales projections.

But make no mistake, the ZL1 will not be limited in sales, or terribly "low" like the Z/28 was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBoy View Post
Because on-the-job productivity for many of us has steadily declined by double digit percentages each month as we scoured the web all day searching for updates. GM did this so we can remain employed up till whenever they finally decide to open up their ordering books.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:22 PM   #543
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

I don't pretend to full understand how allocation works. I imagine the dealer you're talking to is not far off the mark. Every vehicle, every dealership, every manufacturer is affected by the allocations process. Its purpose is to enable fairness and stability to the dealer franchise system. So it's largely based on sales history, regional demographics, and sales projections.

But make no mistake, the ZL1 will not be limited in sales, or terribly "low" like the Z/28 was.

Do you think there will be a ZL1 allocation or do you think it will just be in the regular Camaro allocation so as long as your dealership has an allocation of Camaros you'll be able to use one to order a ZL1?
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:26 PM   #544
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
If it went like the 5th gen, dealers will get specific ZL1 allocations, my dealer got three last time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2016, 10:27 PM   #545
cal45

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
Do you think there will be a ZL1 allocation or do you think it will just be in the regular Camaro allocation so as long as your dealership has an allocation of Camaros you'll be able to use one to order a ZL1?
There will be ZL1 allocations just like there were Hellcat allocations.....count on it.

cal45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:39 PM   #546
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
History has the answer to that question...