Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 03-21-2021, 04:01 AM   #1
1fasttCamaro

Drives: 2017 camaro ss
Exclamation What happened yesterday with my camaro!?

Yesterday while driving I decided to run through a couple of gears really quick. So I downshifted from 3rd to 2nd and 2nd to 1st going around 25-30 mph. I quickly shifted to second and 3rd and let off the gas. I didn’t go crazy fast I didn’t red line I shifted around 5500-6000 rpms. Then started to cruise in 5th going about 40mph. After that I’m coming up to a red light and I down shift(while rev match is active), but the rev match didn’t work. So then I down shift again and there was no throttle response at all. I tried pressing the gas to try to coast out of the way from traffic and the car wouldn’t pump gas! So then ima down shifting all the way to first and no gas was coming out. The car was sputtering and jerking a lot. Then coming to a complete stop the car just stalled and turned off. I quickly tried turning it on (at this time were in a parking lot) and it would crank but wouldn’t turn over. I let it sit for a good 10-15 mins tried turning it on it cranked for about 10-15 seconds and turned on but it sounds like it was gonna stall. Keep in mind it’s in neutral with the e brake on. And the car turns off after sounding like it was stalling. If you guys know what it is I would appreciate the help! *get this after all that I had called a tow truck and gotten the car delivered to my house where my dad has his 1970 chevelle in the garage. My dads there and tell the tow truck guy to lower the car in a spot about 10 feet from his garage slot. The tow truck guy then starts to incline the car getting it to row down slowly. THE GUY ONLY HAS ONE WIRE ATTACHED TO MY SMALL LITTLE TRACK HOOK!! My track hook snapped my car flies off the bed of the truck and smashes into my dads chevelle and the garage. His chevelle (matching numbers valued at 90k+) is rear is completely screwed up. the back of my lifeless camaro is worst!! Ughhhh what a night
1fasttCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 12:20 PM   #2
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Your rough day yesterday makes me sad! Hopefully the tow truck company and their insurance carrier step up to make things right and that the Chevelle and Camaro do not have too much damage.

On the weird, stumbling engine issues - the only suggestion I have other than a dealer or shop visit is to first disconnect the battery's negative cable and force a reset. I know from this forum and my experience that these cars do weird things at the most random but rare times and a reset will often make things right. Its worth a try anyway.

Good luck and keep us posted.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 06:37 PM   #3
1fasttCamaro

Drives: 2017 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
Your rough day yesterday makes me sad! Hopefully the tow truck company and their insurance carrier step up to make things right and that the Chevelle and Camaro do not have too much damage.

On the weird, stumbling engine issues - the only suggestion I have other than a dealer or shop visit is to first disconnect the battery's negative cable and force a reset. I know from this forum and my experience that these cars do weird things at the most random but rare times and a reset will often make things right. Its worth a try anyway.

Good luck and keep us posted.
SSdan Thank you for the advice! I don’t know why I didn’t try that in the first place :/. Do you think it could possibly just me needing a new battery? Because I’ve been reading forums saying it might just be.

As far as the damage I was gonna post a picture of both cars but I wasn’t sure on how. But it’s gonna take 3-6 months for mine to be fixed and as far as the chevelle anywhere from 1-2 years considering how fast the tow trucks insurance company is. It was a freak accident! We looked a little close at the exhaust tips on the chevelle and they were very uneven, the muffler is jammed into the cars tire which makes it impossible to move :(.

Thank you for the support though and advice I’ll be glad to keep you posted!
1fasttCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 07:32 PM   #4
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Oh my. I think I would have lost my marbles and gone flat out ballistic. Good luck my friend.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 09:11 PM   #5
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
To post a photo use the reply function and then look for the paper clip icon. From there you can attach photos.

I sure hope you don’t have to wait so long to get both cars fixed.

On the Camaro I can say for certain that these cars do very weird things when the engine and body control modules experience low voltage.

So do check your battery health. I’d also recommend adding an additional engine to body ground. Doing that on my car has made a big difference. See my thread on adding a ground cable for the details.:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=586153

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 06:50 AM   #6
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
You got it in first from 3d at ~20-25mph...ugh
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 10:59 AM   #7
H4r0ld

Drives: 2019 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
You got it in first from 3d at ~20-25mph...ugh

Let's see the pictures.
H4r0ld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 10:40 AM   #8
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Did the tow hook snap or the cable? Or did the hook come unthreaded because it wasn't fully threaded in? If it wasn't his cable snapping, I wouldn't count on his insurance covering that.
Old 04-16-2021, 04:36 PM   #9
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Did you have a real tow hook or a decorative tow hook?
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery problem, break down, crashed, please help