Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-21-2021, 08:08 AM   #1
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
GM Reveals 2023 Cadillac Lyriq

2023 Cadillac LYRIQ Debuts, Heralding an All-Electric Future
Production model sets a bold new course for the brand. Reservations open in September.
General Motors

April 21, 2021

Today marked a pioneering moment for Cadillac that illuminates the brand’s future and resets the fundamental notions of luxury motoring. The production debut of the 2023 Cadillac LYRIQ is the culmination of a century of innovation and the beginning of a great new era. With testing of Cadillac’s inaugural electric luxury SUV running ahead of schedule, the brand announced that customers may place order reservations beginning in September 2021, with initial availability starting the first half of 2022.

“Throughout the next decade, Cadillac will define the future of luxury transportation through a series of exciting new electric vehicles, and it all begins with LYRIQ,” said Rory Harvey, vice president, Global Cadillac. “The 2023 Cadillac LYRIQ’s stunning design and artfully integrated technology combined with GM’s Ultium Platform will deliver a high-performance luxury experience unlike anything that has come before it, setting a new standard for Cadillac.”

At launch, LYRIQ will be available with premier technologies and stirring performance capabilities enabled by the vehicle’s dedicated electric architecture. A 12-module, 100 kilowatt-hour battery pack and a rear-wheel-drive Ultium Platform deliver a Cadillac-estimated 340 horsepower and 440 Nm of torque — and a Cadillac-estimated over 300 miles of range with a full charge1.

“Thanks to the modular and highly flexible Ultium Platform that powers LYRIQ, along with advanced virtual development tools, Cadillac has been able to accelerate development and put more real-world miles on prototypes sooner than expected,” said Jamie Brewer, LYRIQ chief engineer. “It’s exciting to see our objectives realized on the road — and it means we are on track to bring this pioneering electric luxury vehicle to customers nine months earlier than originally planned.”

LYRIQ also offers high-speed DC fast charging for public stations at 190 kW, enabling customers to add an estimated 76 miles of range in about 10 minutes2 of charging time. For home charging2, LYRIQ offers a segment-leading 19.2 kW charging module, which can add up to 52 miles of range per hour of charge3.

To help customers take full control of their electric driving experience, LYRIQ will feature next-generation variable Regen on Demand technology4, along with the convenience of One-Pedal Driving5. With Cadillac’s new variable Regen on Demand4, drivers can control how quickly LYRIQ slows down or comes to a complete stop5 using a pressure-sensitive paddle located on the steering wheel. Both technologies make use of regenerative braking to help maximize electric driving efficiency.

Additional 2023 LYRIQ highlights include:
  • Available Super Cruise6, the industry’s first true hands-free driver-assistance technology for compatible roads
  • A stunning 33-inch-diagonal advanced LED display with the ability to emit over 1 billion colors
  • Cadillac’s next-generation Active Noise Cancellation system
  • Slim-line LED headlamps with choreographed lighting sequence
  • AKG Studio 19-speaker audio system with headrest speakers
  • KeyPass digital vehicle access
  • Dual level charge cord
  • Standard 20-inch split six-spoke alloy wheels or optional 22-inch dynamic split-spoke Reverse Rim alloy wheels

Customers will be able to select from Satin Steel Metallic or Stellar Black Metallic exterior colors, and Sky Cool Gray or Noir for the interior.

“LYRIQ represents a clean-sheet design that sets the standard for the future of Cadillac,” said Andrew Smith, executive director of Cadillac Design. “The objective I gave my team was to design the LYRIQ with the level of detail that they would a show car. The customer should feel like they’re driving in the future.”

The interior is clean and simple with a focus on secondary and tertiary design elements, including intricate laser etched patterns through wood over metal decor, which has never been done before. The large, curved LED screen is the centerpiece and all the components are incorporated artfully, blurring the lines of separation among technology, lighting and decor.

Perhaps the most striking example of Cadillac’s next iteration of brand styling is its distinctive black crystal grille.

“We wanted to give the vehicle a face, making sure it looks distinctly Cadillac,” said Smith. The signature vertical lighting is emphasized through lighting choreography. The exterior lighting is a major technological breakthrough, allowing Cadillac to deliver on the promise of truly vertical lamps, an industry first.

The 2023 Cadillac LYRIQ is expected to go into production in the first quarter of 2022, with pricing starting at $59,9907. It will be produced at GM’s Spring Hill, Tennessee assembly facility, which is receiving a $2 billion investment to support electric vehicle production. An additional $2.3 billion is being invested in an all-new battery cell manufacturing plant at Spring Hill, by Ultium Cells LLC, the joint venture between GM and LG Energy Solution.

A new ad campaign featuring the 2023 Cadillac LYRIQ debuts April 25, during the Oscars broadcast.

Last edited by FenwickHockey65; 04-21-2021 at 01:52 PM.
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 09:55 PM   #2

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
It looks nice. Only issue that occurs to me now is the interior. Just not a fan of having the dash screen sitting like its on a shelf like a big screen tv on a cabinet top. I think they would look better if they were integrated and built into the dash rather than looking like a separate item attached to the dash after the fact.

First impression compared to the Hummer EV...a minimal or however they described the Cadillac interior works for the Hummer and its interior....The Caddy just looks a little too spartan....The way they describe the interior sounds more like a budget Impala or Malibu than Cadillac....Just a thought...All in all I like it. Would like to see one in person...

And oh, one more thing....I was surprised to hear how the personnel in the videos pronounced the name, "Lyriq", as "Leer-ick"...lol I was expecting more of a French or European type "Lyrique"...Oh well. Good luck to them.

Last edited by 90503; 04-21-2021 at 10:09 PM.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 07:43 AM   #3
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Man, I was hoping for another CUV. Not many choices out there

The interior looks like a step up from Cadillac present.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 08:24 AM   #4

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Maybe the EV Caddy Celestiq (Sell-a-stick...?) will add some variety. Still a long, long way to go to get to the "EV for everyone" low priced models....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 09:28 AM   #5
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I like it. I'm not going to say I think its absolute perfection, but I feel like it is a great step forward in design for Cadillac SUVs. If only the Escalade looked this premium on the outside. Inside, both are pretty good...but this one does seem a bit more spartan as someone put it above. Escalade still better in that area.

Front end seems a bit awkward in some of the images, but the videos look better. Side and rear profile are great.

Now...what's this guy gonna cost. Starting price...75K?

EDIT...OK so I totally missed the cost part. 59K...not bad. At least not as bad as I thought. I wonder what the cost is of the version shown here?

Also...did that say only available in satin steel and black? Strange. Needs to be offered in more colors for sure.

Last edited by KMPrenger; 04-22-2021 at 11:34 AM.
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 09:58 AM   #6
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Nice appearing creation. Throw in an LT5 and manual transmission and I might be interested.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:34 PM   #7
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I like it. I'm not going to say I think its absolute perfection, but I feel like it is a great step forward in design for Cadillac SUVs. If only the Escalade looked this premium on the outside. Inside, both are pretty good...but this one does seem a bit more spartan as someone put it above. Escalade still better in that area.

Front end seems a bit awkward in some of the images, but the videos look better. Side and rear profile are great.

Now...what's this guy gonna cost. Starting price...75K?

EDIT...OK so I totally missed the cost part. 59K...not bad. At least not as bad as I thought. I wonder what the cost is of the version shown here?

Also...did that say only available in satin steel and black? Strange. Needs to be offered in more colors for sure.

No ideas what options or trims we'll see but if you go on the Cadillac website to the Lyriq consumer page, the vehicle they have shown is listed at just a touch above $60k. Usually GM puts up a higher trim on the websites so...

As for the exterior colors I'm guessing that's a launch availability only thing. Can't see GM only offering two colors forever.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:22 PM   #8
prod

Drives: HHR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
It looks nice. Only issue that occurs to me now is the interior. Just not a fan of having the dash screen sitting like its on a shelf like a big screen tv on a cabinet top. I think they would look better if they were integrated and built into the dash rather than looking like a separate item attached to the dash after the fact.
Industry leaders have determined that cars should become living rooms, and as consumers we should keep our mouths shut and be happy with what we are given.
prod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 07:50 AM   #9
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Cadillac finally has some nice offerings. I don’t like gloss black plastic in interiors and on steering wheels. The rear style doesn’t appeal much to me but over all a classy looking vehicle. Life long GM guy and think their stock will go up as the EV push is made but I struggle to support a Corporation that has clearly picked a side.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 08:34 AM   #10
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
No ideas what options or trims we'll see but if you go on the Cadillac website to the Lyriq consumer page, the vehicle they have shown is listed at just a touch above $60k. Usually GM puts up a higher trim on the websites so...

As for the exterior colors I'm guessing that's a launch availability only thing. Can't see GM only offering two colors forever.
I see that now...just a few hundred over 60K for the one on their page with the premium wheels. Nice. I'm sure it can be pushed higher, but not bad. Unfortunately, that's just for RWD. I'm sure once the version with the 2nd motor and AWD comes (and maybe larger battery?) that one will push the price up considerably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
... Life long GM guy and think their stock will go up as the EV push is made but I struggle to support a Corporation that has clearly picked a side.
They all have picked a side....it's the EV side.
Old 04-23-2021, 12:30 PM   #11
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
They all have picked a side....it's the EV side.
That's right. Ultimately mechanically less complex. Combine that with the big org corporate virtue signaling, and goodbye ICE (and the V8s we love). I think we'll get EVs we can tolerate, but no amount of fake engine noise will replace a big V8 and a manual trans.

Let's hope full size ICE trucks stay around long enough that GM is willing to share an engine tweaked for a 7th gen Camaro.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:17 PM   #12
FenwickHockey65

GM backpedaled on the whole "All EVs by 2025" or whatever this week, just said they would like to see the majority of the lineup be EVs. I would guess full size trucks/SUVs and Corvette will remain primarily ICE or ICE + EV assisted or with separate EV models.