Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-15-2021, 08:18 PM   #29
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
The Cougars.com & sugar daddy ads at the top were the best.

I made screen shots with the intention of a discussion about the ads we see, but decided against it.

Don’t know why, cause it would have been hilarious, but I gave up the idea.

My pop-up blocker even stops PM page from loading, but that crap.... NOOOOOOO.

Pro tip, hit your back button then re-click where you wanted to go.
I have a combo of uBlock Origin extension and PiHole, haven't had issues with PM page but haven't run into these ads. I'm hoping my filters are good enough that I won't lol
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:27 PM   #30
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Mullet Doc was one of my faves. On a Camaro forum at that. Oh the stereotype!

I was going to make a meme out of it, just couldn’t decide on a what.
Attached Images

gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:51 PM   #31
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
I'm not getting anything, but it's either going through my pihole at home, or ublock at work, so maybe thats it?
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:27 PM   #32
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
So... Queestion for the group... I ran into this EXACT problem about 15 years ago with an Aviation Forum I participated in, the advertising and popups got ridiculous (like here has become), I went off and started a new forum, had zero ads, no pop ups and we chaged just $10 a year for access (had to be a member to post or to read), next month will be 15 years and it has been extremely successful...

What is the feeling about something like this? Is there enough interest in a forum running newer software that would have no advertising and no sponsors (and no spamming of the forums with ads) but charge a minimal annual fee for access?
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:45 PM   #33

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Same here. Been going on for about a week. Different browsers, different settings, different devices, different operating systems, different internet providers... Clearly, it's the forum and the admins don't want to discuss the change.

I've generally only experienced this sort of stuff when NOT logged into forums. Once logged in, you get the typical banner ads. I've not seen a forum take a forced pop-up approach before, and it's troubling that the admin(s) won't discuss it. As I mentioned before, they've created a functional issue with the site but you can't actually tell them about it.
You can politely ask your questions to the site administrator here. Tran will respond. Good luck.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forum...ysprune=-1&f=7

P.S. No pop-ups for me at all...why, I have no idea, but so far so good.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:58 PM   #34
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
So... Queestion for the group... I ran into this EXACT problem about 15 years ago with an Aviation Forum I participated in, the advertising and popups got ridiculous (like here has become), I went off and started a new forum, had zero ads, no pop ups and we chaged just $10 a year for access (had to be a member to post or to read), next month will be 15 years and it has been extremely successful...

What is the feeling about something like this? Is there enough interest in a forum running newer software that would have no advertising and no sponsors (and no spamming of the forums with ads) but charge a minimal annual fee for access?
If that was on the table, I’d be in. This newest advertising scheme is IMO invasive, and cheapens the experience here.
Old 04-15-2021, 10:10 PM   #35
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupilbone View Post
If that was on the table, I’d be in. This newest advertising scheme is IMO invasive, and cheapens the experience here.
If there is enough interested, I'd be up for setting it up...

This system worked great on the Aviation forum, no spammers, no "fly by posters", no pop ups, no advertising, nothing, pay your $10/year and have a nice clean, usable forum without all the garbage...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
Old 04-15-2021, 11:00 PM   #36
Dathomas94

Drives: Camaro 2021 ZL1 6 speed ragtop
I agree BUT I like the site and would feather see the adds than be asked to pay each month. I sick of everyone asking for 5-10 bucks a month, apple, YouTube shit TV ect..... sow me the shoes
Dathomas94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 12:00 AM   #37
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dathomas94 View Post
I agree BUT I like the site and would feather see the adds than be asked to pay each month. I sick of everyone asking for 5-10 bucks a month, apple, YouTube shit TV ect..... sow me the shoes
I said $10 per YEAR, not per month. It would be $0.83 per month...

Old 04-16-2021, 12:14 AM   #38
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
Super annoying!
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 12:17 AM   #39
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLO LT1 View Post
Super annoying!
Yep....
Old 04-16-2021, 01:21 AM   #40
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
im getting pop ups for single russian women and swimsuit girls.could be worse...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 01:35 AM   #41
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupilbone View Post
Quote:
If there is enough interested, I'd be up for setting it up...

This system worked great on the Aviation forum, no spammers, no "fly by posters", no pop ups, no advertising, nothing, pay your $10/year and have a nice clean, usable forum without all the garbage...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dathomas94 View Post
Quote:
I said $10 per YEAR, not per month. It would be $0.83 per month...
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLO LT1 View Post
Super annoying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Yep....
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
im getting pop ups for single russian women and swimsuit girls.could be worse...
So... Is there enough interest in an alternative venue to discuss our passion for the Gen 6 Camaro without all the annoying, intrusive advertising, Pop-ups, flash ads and ANNOYING spamming sponsors???

Is $10 per YEAR worth your time and effort to not deal with all the extra spam and BS????

If it is, I'll make it happen, but we need more than 100 people... I've already registered 2 domain names, one for the 6th Gen and one for the 5th Gen...

C'Mon people, speak up if you want it to happen... I've done it before and have a proven track record of success... No Ads, No Spam, No BS, No Sponsors, No Agenda, just 100% Camaro Owners discussions... Pay your $10/YEAR and have access to EVERYTHING you want and NOT deal with any of the crap you do NOT want to deal with...

And we'll run MUCH newer software than this place is running... (at least vBulletin 4.2.5 (2017) (this place is on vBulletin 3.8.9 which came out in 2007)) It'll still feel familiar, but will be MUCH newer...

What say you???

Old 04-16-2021, 06:07 AM   #42
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Hey, I can get a great deal on + size women's clothes! SCORE!!!!

Yes, I hate these ads also, very much so!!!!!
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote