Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-14-2021, 01:34 PM   #43
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by foshjowler View Post
But if they're wealthy, they probably have the better lawyer, so you still don't get much.
I don't know, my 40-something year old lawyer beat the 65 year old pin-striped shark representing the defendants in my lawsuit and I was pretty happy with the results. It took two years and we had to fight him on every legal maneuver in the book but we did it, and I ended up walking away pretty happy even after all legal fees.

When you have a good case, you have a good case.

This is a good case.

The key is having a lawyer unwilling to settle no matter what the judge or other lawyer says. Then it comes to the point where the other party realizes THEY need to settle. Or it goes to trial.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 01:55 PM   #44
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Clearly the Hellcat was attempting a burnout, however, I wonder if there were more factors at play here. Most of the spectators were wearing jackets, and I didn't see any smoke come from the tires, so it leads me to believe that maybe, do to the cooler temps the roads/tires were too cold and that may have contributed the Hellcat losing control.

Reminds me that 50 degrees or cooler, caution needs to be exercised when driving at these temps.

Memories:

2017 50th Anniversary Camaro Convertible (Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper (Sold)
2005 Lingenfelter Corvette (Sold)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (Sold)
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 02:25 PM   #45
NotFast

Drives: 2021 LT1
Someone Better call Saul.
NotFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 02:53 PM   #46
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

I was at a Cars and Coffee near me last year. I’ve been to countless car shows over my life but the C&C does tend to bring out more idiots than any other.

Most car shows, the people who own the cars treat their cars with kid gloves. They know what they have and thus don’t feel the need to “show what it can do”.

C&C just brings out the idiots. Guys you can look at for 2 seconds and tell they’re idiots.
Old 04-14-2021, 03:53 PM   #47
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
I don't know, my 40-something year old lawyer beat the 65 year old pin-striped shark representing the defendants in my lawsuit and I was pretty happy with the results. It took two years and we had to fight him on every legal maneuver in the book but we did it, and I ended up walking away pretty happy even after all legal fees.

When you have a good case, you have a good case.

This is a good case.

The key is having a lawyer unwilling to settle no matter what the judge or other lawyer says. Then it comes to the point where the other party realizes THEY need to settle. Or it goes to trial.

Lawyers mean a lot. I dunno, my dad got injured at a Lowes. We should have got like 250k (2001 dollars) but the lawyer didn't take his case seriously, didn't get all the evidence, and screwed it up. Fired him, hired a younger lawyer who was probably only 40 years old. Much better, and was pretty pissed at the "experienced" lawyers incompetence which should have been a slam dunk easy settlement ended up with only 15k after lawyer fees. If we would have hired this guy we probably would have easily got a couple hundred grand. The first lawyer he had didn't take it seriously because it wasn't no million dollar case, rich area of town. So we didn't have the video evidence (never went for it) and other stuff which clearly would have shown the injury taking place and would have led to pay day.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 05:05 PM   #48
Cmax

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS FIFTY convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hprush View Post
Clearly the Hellcat was attempting a burnout, however, I wonder if there were more factors at play here. Most of the spectators were wearing jackets, and I didn't see any smoke come from the tires, so it leads me to believe that maybe, do to the cooler temps the roads/tires were too cold and that may have contributed the Hellcat losing control.

Reminds me that 50 degrees or cooler, caution needs to be exercised when driving at these temps.
Good lord!..... Cold or not, way too many people and vehicles around! It appeared to me that he Never let off the gas.
Cmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 05:08 PM   #49
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
I saw that a few days ago and posted on facebook. Clearly he needed a few hundred hp less since he obviously couldn't control what he had.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 06:32 PM   #50
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I have noticed that cars and coffee brings out some idiots that want to show off when entering the parking lot and leaving the event. Even car shows people want to act up especially when the show is over revving their engines and some doing burnouts leaving. No wonder that cops come around when these events are going on and done. As for standing along the road when cars are doing burnouts or racing is asking for something to happen and injuring or killing spectators being possible especially when a car gets out of control. Too many people that own high performance cars don’t have the abilities or skills of a professional driver and lose control and wreck because they think they can drive a high horsepower car.
Old 04-14-2021, 06:38 PM   #51
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmax View Post
Good lord!..... Cold or not, way too many people and vehicles around! It appeared to me that he Never let off the gas.
After watching countless videos of mustangs doing that I often wonder that myself, do they actually keep it floored or let off the gas too late? Also do they actually turn all the nannies off?
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 07:54 PM   #52
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
So is it now Cars and Coffins? Or is that where we are heading?

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 07:55 PM   #53
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
I have noticed that cars and coffee brings out some idiots that want to show off when entering the parking lot and leaving the event. Even car shows people want to act up especially when the show is over revving their engines and some doing burnouts leaving. No wonder that cops come around when these events are going on and done. As for standing along the road when cars are doing burnouts or racing is asking for something to happen and injuring or killing spectators being possible especially when a car gets out of control. Too many people that own high performance cars don’t have the abilities or skills of a professional driver and lose control and wreck because they think they can drive a high horsepower car.
The thing these idiots don’t get is that they’re not impressing anyone. They’re at a car show where everyone there has something nice, special, unique, expensive, fast, flashy, or any combination there of. They generally don’t get oohs and aahs when the rev it up or lay rubber, they get “knock it off” and “you ain’t that special”.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:40 PM   #54
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
https://youtu.be/bgEOjxzrR10

For those not old enough to remember....
Sht happens with big HP and when it happens sometimes its too late to correct...
Of course a street full of people is no place to wring it out that hard....
Old 04-14-2021, 09:04 PM   #55
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Yes I remember that Indy race too!
Old 04-15-2021, 12:41 PM   #56
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
This is why putting bigger brakes on tubby sports cars annoys me. All that weight has so much force behind it that the car turns into a bulldozer when it starts to slide.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote