Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-05-2021, 09:54 PM   #29
ACZ28

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaska View Post
This.

Anyone have a suitable (cheap) tip clamp replacement alternative? A couple busted off when i removed them for cleaning.

If you're just looking for a replacement and not truly an alternative, I'd call AWE and ask. I had one of their supplied clamps bind and the bolt head snapped during install...called them and they sent 2 for free, plus another blow pop.

Alternative? No idea, google?
ACZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 11:20 PM   #30
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 a10
Can the AWE PLP connect to the Borla S Cat back?
willzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 12:05 AM   #31
swisstyphoon
Former GM Technician

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10, 06 Silverado Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS View Post
RDP Store bought the entire stock of AWE PLP. AWE could not longer sell them.
I haven't check lately, but they did have them.

Just checked they still have some. Higher price than what AWE was selling them for, but they are the only source.
I sent them an email a few days ago, they said they have no more.
Rotofab Big Gulp, Nick Williams 103, Magnuson 2650, 9.17" (14%) lower, 90mm upper, Vengeance Racing Heads (LME) Cam Package (Cammotion Stage 1), Johnson Lifters, JMS Voltage Booster, Lingenfelter high flow check valve, BBK shorty headers, Custom 2.75" down pipes, Gesi Gen2 high flow cats, MM catch can 791whp, 772ft-lbs SAE
Just added 30% XDI Injectors, LPE big bore hpfp, Flex fuel.
Elite tuning, results coming soon.

2006 Silverado Duramax Diesel
MPI Compound Turbo
40% over Injectors
Efi Live DSP5 Tuning

Follow me on Instagram: Swisstyphoon1980
swisstyphoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 03:25 AM   #32
Richiefcknrich

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro SS 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD64 View Post
do yourself a favor and throw their clamp in the trash can and either re use the original or replace the clamp with a OEM GM clamp. GM # 22860193. they are a little pricey at the dealer parts counter but you can usually find one on ebay much cheaper.
i couldn't get mine to quick leaking which will equal a check engine light, i torqued it to their spec, it leaked , i over torqued it slightly and it still leaked. it isn't a very strong clamp. i even used sealer when i installed the link pipes.
the original clamp can be re used if you remove it very carefully. i didn't have a new one on hand when i did my exhaust so i reused it. it is attached to the pipe, but you can get up in there with a small air saw used for body work and and slice the attachment point, its a small cut. then carefully spread the metal band open and very carefully loosen the graphite exhaust packing that wraps around the pipe. i made sure i placed the clamp back in the original position. if i knew ahead of time i would definitely of had a new one on hand, that is the easiest way to go. hope this helps.
Can you leave the factory clamp connected to the stock pipe or don’t it line up, is that why you cut the tab?
Richiefcknrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 06:53 AM   #33
JD64

Drives: '19 Camaro ZL1 A10 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiefcknrich View Post
Can you leave the factory clamp connected to the stock pipe or don’t it line up, is that why you cut the tab?

you probably can leave it in place, i cut it loose because it made it easier to work with while i figured out how to safely take it apart. i removed it carefully, in layers/pieces , the sealing material inside of the clamp is delicate i initially had to re use it because i didn't have a new one on hand so i didn't want to ruin it, a few weeks later i ordered a few xtra new ones and replaced it. like i mentioned it is just easier to cut the original loose and replace it with a new one. i didn't have any problem reusing the original but i thought a new clamp was safer for no check engine light.
Old 04-06-2021, 07:39 AM   #34
JD64

Drives: '19 Camaro ZL1 A10 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by willzilla View Post
Can the AWE PLP connect to the Borla S Cat back?

yes, it works perfectly, that is the combination i have on my car.

if you think about it logically, the link pipe is a direct replacement for the secondary cat in size, and the cat back systems are designed to be used with the secondary cat in place, so it would have to work in theory. that was my reasoning when i decided to try and mix brands of pipes and it worked fine.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:20 AM   #35
SHE'Z 18

Drives: 18 ZL1 - M6
I saw on the RDP website that they have "limited stock" of the PLP's and to call / order, so I called to inquire. The guy that answered the phone told me "sold out". I wish they'd change their website to reflect as such. If they're gone, why not just remove it from their website? Oh well...
SHE'Z 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:28 AM   #36
swisstyphoon
Former GM Technician

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10, 06 Silverado Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHE'Z 18 View Post
I saw on the RDP website that they have "limited stock" of the PLP's and to call / order, so I called to inquire. The guy that answered the phone told me "sold out". I wish they'd change their website to reflect as such. If they're gone, why not just remove it from their website? Oh well...
Same here! (post#31)
Rotofab Big Gulp, Nick Williams 103, Magnuson 2650, 9.17" (14%) lower, 90mm upper, Vengeance Racing Heads (LME) Cam Package (Cammotion Stage 1), Johnson Lifters, JMS Voltage Booster, Lingenfelter high flow check valve, BBK shorty headers, Custom 2.75" down pipes, Gesi Gen2 high flow cats, MM catch can 791whp, 772ft-lbs SAE
Just added 30% XDI Injectors, LPE big bore hpfp, Flex fuel.
Elite tuning, results coming soon.

2006 Silverado Duramax Diesel
MPI Compound Turbo
40% over Injectors
Efi Live DSP5 Tuning

Follow me on Instagram: Swisstyphoon1980
swisstyphoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 01:41 PM   #37
beckham388

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 A10
Will the Performance Link Pipes fit and work with the 2021 ZL1 or just the 2016-2018?
Old 04-06-2021, 02:46 PM   #38
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
Same OEM exhaust, wouldn't see why not!
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 03:13 AM   #39
Richiefcknrich

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro SS 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD64 View Post
you probably can leave it in place, i cut it loose because it made it easier to work with while i figured out how to safely take it apart. i removed it carefully, in layers/pieces , the sealing material inside of the clamp is delicate i initially had to re use it because i didn't have a new one on hand so i didn't want to ruin it, a few weeks later i ordered a few xtra new ones and replaced it. like i mentioned it is just easier to cut the original loose and replace it with a new one. i didn't have any problem reusing the original but i thought a new clamp was safer for no check engine light.
Thanks! I only have 6700 miles on the car, hopping I can just reuse mine.
Richiefcknrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 02:58 PM   #40
Hostile_1LE

Drives: 2020 Camaro SS 1LE | Satin Steel
If any of you guys who have or had AWE's Performance Link Pipes, and would like to sell them, please contact me because I would love to buy a pair.
Hostile_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 03:33 PM   #41
cmeJATT

Drives: SS-6-SPD
Looking for a pair as well
cmeJATT is offline   Reply With Quote