Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 04-01-2021, 08:33 AM   #15
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron07 View Post
Lol why did he get banned?
LMAO! OP had 30 posts yesterday alone, double posting, doubling threads on the same subject matter. From what I could read, OP is very fearful of losing power train warranty and quiet superchargers...
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 08:46 AM   #16
JitteryJoe

Drives: 21' LTI, '18 Traverse, '15 Mazda 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
From What I have seen, posting the same thing across multiple subforums.

On the subject of the post. A dealer doesn't have to prove anything with aftermarket parts. If they decide to void the warranty, YOU have to prove why it didn't cause an issue. Unfortunately, thats the way the legal world works.
This x1,000. Folks are quick to bring up Magnuson Moss but don't realize that the OEM's can still do what they want. Then you have to pay for a Lawyer AND an expert witness of such a high caliber that they can convince a judge that they know more about how that car works than the engineers that built it. They already have lawyers and engineers on the payroll... you don't.
JitteryJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 09:31 AM   #17
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
LMAO! OP had 30 posts yesterday alone, double posting, doubling threads on the same subject matter. From what I could read, OP is very fearful of losing power train warranty and quiet superchargers...
And with all of that he never spelled warranty correctly one time. I glanced at his posts and he was indeed a nervous nelly about protecting his warranty. My guess is he already bought the CAI then was having second thoughts and was looking for someone to make him feel better about it.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 09:58 PM   #18
Brudda*Termite

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
I have noticeable bolt-ons and have used two dealerships in my area with no real problems, but I brought the car there for service bulletins and recalls. Mess with the engine and then come in complaining about the engine, probably will lose your warranty...
Old 04-05-2021, 03:42 PM   #19
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
Basically, an intake isn't going to "hurt" the engine, at the end of the day they basically have to prove the intake caused the problem that they are denying under warranty...
Actually, they don't have to prove anything. Put on an aftermarket part and it's the Dealer discretion whether to Void the Warranty.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote