Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-03-2021, 02:21 PM   #15
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmfhsu View Post
I just ordered one from Eagle Chevrolet in NY - hope it comes through; they've got it for a pretty good price (lots cheaper than what my local dealer could do).

As far as I can tell, this intake gives 0 performance benefit - I'm just in it for that sweet induction noise. If anybody's got a dyno sheet to prove otherwise, I'd love to see it.
This was the best price I found when I was shopping for mine ($393.75): https://www.shopchevyparts.com/perfo...-92304337.html
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 05:25 PM   #16
oneslick8

Drives: 2016 Mustang, (Camaro SS soon)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=556150

Not huge gains, about 16 WHP/WTQ, but not 0.

Sent from toaster or something
That not bad for GM not reporting numbers on this product.
oneslick8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 06:36 PM   #17
cmfhsu

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneslick8 View Post
That not bad for GM not reporting numbers on this product.
Sure is. I've seen other people get similar numbers without a tune, but I also heard a lot of those went away after LTFT dealt with the extra airflow.

Since this is off a fresh tune, this has some real potential!

Thanks for the details, UnknownJinX!
cmfhsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 10:45 AM   #18
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
I just ordered one from Eagle Chevrolet in NY - hope it comes through; they've got it for a pretty good price (lots cheaper than what my local dealer could do).

As far as I can tell, this intake gives 0 performance benefit - I'm just in it for that sweet induction noise. If anybody's got a dyno sheet to prove otherwise, I'd love to see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=556150

Not huge gains, about 16 WHP/WTQ, but not 0.

Since our engines are significantly more powerful and our cars are heavier, the 15 rwhp gain simply doesn't have the impact that it did 20 years ago.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 10:51 AM   #19
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
It is 50 STATE LEGAL, I am running the intake in California... It comes with a CARB sticker...

I've been very happy with it, sounds great and looks great, first thing everyone points to when I open the hood...

Just an observation and a suggestion. But I would place your smog sticker on the CAI instead of the engine bay or hood. I did the same thing with another car and CARB cert aftermarket CAI. The CARB cert CAI is sitting in my garage without the smog sticker which was on the car that is long gone.

So now I have a CARB legal CAI with no sticker. Who wants to buy a CAI with no smog sticker?
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:01 AM   #20
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Sure is. I've seen other people get similar numbers without a tune, but I also heard a lot of those went away after LTFT dealt with the extra airflow.

Since this is off a fresh tune, this has some real potential!

Thanks for the details, UnknownJinX!
Nah don't thank me, thank all the people who bought it before me and dynoed it. I only collected that info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Will View Post
Since our engines are significantly more powerful and our cars are heavier, the 15 rwhp gain simply doesn't have the impact that it did 20 years ago.
I know, which is why I held off the purchase for a while.

I don't think you will notice that change. IIRC a mod generally has to make 10% more power than the baseline for you to feel it.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 08:15 AM   #21
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Anyone know what tools? I assume a flathead, 10mm bolt, allen keys? Trying to determine if this is something i can do in my parking garage or if i should plan a trip to my parents...
Old 02-05-2021, 12:12 PM   #22
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
Anyone know what tools? I assume a flathead, 10mm bolt, allen keys? Trying to determine if this is something i can do in my parking garage or if i should plan a trip to my parents...
I don't remember exactly what was needed but it was only a few basic things and was very easy, took about 45-60 minutes taking my time...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
Old 02-05-2021, 01:55 PM   #23
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
https://youtu.be/hkqgXBC7gnM

-Vice grip
-Large flathead screw driver
-10mm socket
-T10 Torx
-T15 Torx

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:19 PM   #24
vonrebel

Drives: 2021 2SS 1le Shock
GM Cold Air Intake Installed

Ordered the GM CAI online, dealer installed, dealer used the included authorization codes to re flash / recalibrate and free labor install the tune. I paid 91.00 for the actual (25-30 min) installation, Eliminated almost all of the dead spot on take off, and Smokes the tires now, where before had trouble. I have the A10. And Like other have said, cleans up the looks of engine bay! Very Happy, definitely worth the money.
Attached Images

A10, Navigation, Sunroof, Illuminated bow tie, 30% tint, GM Splash guards, GM Strut brace, GM CAI, Illuminated foot wells, Wicker bill, BLK GM Camaro fender badge, GM Fuel door w/ Carbon fiber inserts.
vonrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 07:26 AM   #25
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
The Shock color looks good, I am getting the tune done soon - all the dealer sin my area seem a tad confused about it and have only one guy who can do it and he apparently only works certain days.
Old 06-04-2022, 10:20 AM   #26
Cguti1981

Drives: 22’ 1SS 1LE
Newb here (to Camaros) .

Does the tune that comes with the GM CAI has to be done at dealer or can a performance shop do it?

Can I install it myself and then go get the tune at a later time?

Thank you!
Cguti1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 11:32 AM   #27
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cguti1981 View Post
Newb here (to Camaros) .

Does the tune that comes with the GM CAI has to be done at dealer or can a performance shop do it?

Can I install it myself and then go get the tune at a later time?

Thank you!
The dealer has to do it. You can install it yourself and then go to the dealer for the tune. There is a code in the front of the manual for the CAI that you'll need to take to the dealer, they'll enter that code and then they'll get paid for the tune from GM. Don't let them charge you for the tune, it is included in the price of the CAI...

Old 06-04-2022, 04:09 PM   #28
Cguti1981

Drives: 22’ 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
The dealer has to do it. You can install it yourself and then go to the dealer for the tune. There is a code in the front of the manual for the CAI that you'll need to take to the dealer, they'll enter that code and then they'll get paid for the tune from GM. Don't let them charge you for the tune, it is included in the price of the CAI...
Awesome , thank you for the info!
Cguti1981 is offline   Reply With Quote