Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-14-2020, 11:55 AM   #57
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWRocket View Post
Another option I'm considering is to simply run new wire from the trunk to the dash. If I use a 4-conductor, I would have a pair of wires left in case I decide to add tweeters in the a-pillars for a 3-way front stage...
Phishing the wire up into the dash does seem challenging based on pics and videos, but it's an option...
I plan to find out soon. I'm adding a small amp that will also actively cross over the door and dash speakers, so I need to get rid of the stock 68uF capacitors that are on the dash speakers anyway. So I am going to just run new speaker wire to the dash speakers. I hope it isn't too difficult! I'll try to keep the factory speaker wires in place, just in case I ever want to revert back.

I've pretty much decided that I'm going to mount this amp in the trunk area somewhere, for multiple reasons. If I were doing a simple digital miniamp and retaining stock passive "crossover" function, I could tuck it up behind the dash on the "multiuse" bracket underneath. But my amp is a little too big for that, and I want to be able to access it to change its setting and redo the calibration process whenever I want, so I want it to be more accessible than that. I plan to run 9-conductor cable to and from the trunk along the passenger door sill. I'm hoping I can do that by removing the rear seat cushion and without having to remove the rear side quarter panel. Those seem like giant PITA to remove and replace!
Old 09-14-2020, 12:14 PM   #58
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
I plan to find out soon. I'm adding a small amp that will also actively cross over the door and dash speakers, so I need to get rid of the stock 68uF capacitors that are on the dash speakers anyway. So I am going to just run new speaker wire to the dash speakers. I hope it isn't too difficult! I'll try to keep the factory speaker wires in place, just in case I ever want to revert back.

I've pretty much decided that I'm going to mount this amp in the trunk area somewhere, for multiple reasons. If I were doing a simple digital miniamp and retaining stock passive "crossover" function, I could tuck it up behind the dash on the "multiuse" bracket underneath. But my amp is a little too big for that, and I want to be able to access it to change its setting and redo the calibration process whenever I want, so I want it to be more accessible than that. I plan to run 9-conductor cable to and from the trunk along the passenger door sill. I'm hoping I can do that by removing the rear seat cushion and without having to remove the rear side quarter panel. Those seem like giant PITA to remove and replace!
The rear seats are pretty easy to pop out, Lethal Garage/Camaro has a video on that. The rear panels are a pain, but pretty doable. There are videos on removing those too. I didn't have any issues (I removed both of them) but it is time consuming and the backseat of a Camaro is not an easy place to work If you can use a wire snake to snake the wires through that might be best but I am one of those people that likes to ziptie all my wires down and make it clean as I can so that means removing panels.

I think a wire snake could get the wires up from the front kick panel areas to the dash. Seems that way at least.
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 02:40 PM   #59
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thill444 View Post
The rear seats are pretty easy to pop out, Lethal Garage/Camaro has a video on that. The rear panels are a pain, but pretty doable. There are videos on removing those too. I didn't have any issues (I removed both of them) but it is time consuming and the backseat of a Camaro is not an easy place to work If you can use a wire snake to snake the wires through that might be best but I am one of those people that likes to ziptie all my wires down and make it clean as I can so that means removing panels.

I think a wire snake could get the wires up from the front kick panel areas to the dash. Seems that way at least.
Yep, I'll let you know how it goes when I do it.
Old 10-02-2020, 08:09 PM   #60
CRBWS6

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE SCCA FS, 99 WS-6, E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thill444 View Post
Went for a drive today and made some EQ adjustments and the system is not as bad as I thought using CarPlay and better quality music.
Thill & Msquared, thanks for sharing your valuable research and tips. As a more mature 1LE owner, I appreciate your approach to the problem.

I plan to address the audio next year sometime. In the mean time, can you clarify what EQ adjustments you are referring to? My 2018 appears to only have basic tone controls (bass, mid, treb). Perhaps this is a 2019+ feature?
CRBWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 11:57 AM   #61
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRBWS6 View Post
Thill & Msquared, thanks for sharing your valuable research and tips. As a more mature 1LE owner, I appreciate your approach to the problem.

I plan to address the audio next year sometime. In the mean time, can you clarify what EQ adjustments you are referring to? My 2018 appears to only have basic tone controls (bass, mid, treb). Perhaps this is a 2019+ feature?
Yes try adjusting just the basic audio controls. In addition I discovered that Bluetooth audio was pretty terrible with the stock system, and only use CarPlay now.
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 08:01 PM   #62
CRBWS6

Thanks for clarifying. I agree - CarPlay does sound better...
CRBWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 07:03 PM   #63
CRBWS6

Thill - did you want to sell the lljcustoms adapters for use on my 2018? Currently out of stock for at least a month.

The Sundown SA-2.75FRv2 list a freq range down to 160 Hz. Crutchfield sells 150Hz or 300Hz bass blockers @ 4ohm (simple solution). Which would you recommend?

Still liking the Sundown?