Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 04-30-2021, 05:41 PM   #29
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Lol
Old 04-30-2021, 06:13 PM   #30
red6.2

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
i like the LT2 intake and ethanol combo. i had both on my car last september. i have no dyno numbers with the LT2 but it easily picked up 1+ mph over a ported stock LT1 & stock tb.

i tested the rotofab against a modified stock air box 10 different ways from sunday and saw 0 gains. id guess i'm the only person here who will argue that point.

i had <$450 in an LT2 manifold and LT5 tb. i got my tb from sdparts, $224 shipped. i modified the intake manifold myself for <$10. but i did buy a new vacuum line, i think it was $22 or something. i'm not sold on porting the stock intakes. the LT2 in particular is so good from the factory i dont see how it could possibly be worth hundreds of dollars. the intake ports on mine looked perfect. i'm also a hard sell on bigger tbs. with that being said, my kpa went from 93 to 98 going from stock to 95 mm, but it didn't amount to much on the dyno. my car only picked up 14 whp going from stock ported LT1 im, stock untouched tb & modified stock box to unported msd, 95 mm, rotofab dry.

the tune thing is touchy. hptuners will scan and log basically any car with an obd2 port. ive been using hpt off and on since 2005. i use it for a lot more than just camaro things. im familiar with gm gen 3 & 4 tuning, not gen 5. i have friends big into it but since i have such a good tuner close, i opted to have him do it. if i were in your shoes i would buy hpt and if possible get pray to remote tune it. cheapest entry in the long run and he's good at what he does.

LT2, rotofab & ethanol should pick up 40/40 and will not affect the car one bit with regard to drivability, mileage or reliability. you don't need to hit a dyno unless you want numbers and a graph to look at. id bump the rev limiter up and shift the car around 6700 or so with the LT2. id look for a 3+ mph gain if you're into dragy things.
Now that some dedication!
red6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote