Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 10-01-2018, 11:00 PM   #43
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
lol, a RWD car with massive power and little weight on the rear axle. It literally doesn't get any worse than that for winter driving. Just being able to start in an intersection in the winter can be a major feat and being able to travel at more than just 5mph is necessary to drive on public roads.

This isn't the same as a bigger vehicle with more weight over the axles. Sorry, live in Alaska and drive in winter. While there are some things you "can" do, you aren't impressing anyone but yourself by doing something stupid. There's always someone that claims they drive in the winter on racing slicks and that it's "totally fine".

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 06:10 AM   #44
BrianF

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
It is relative, Alaska is probably the extreme in this case. I technically live in the south (Maryland). We get maybe a week of snow actually being on the road. It is mainly either getting caught going home or the morning after. If it is to bad my work is canceled anyway. For me winter driving is mainly dry cold weather traction, oh and the ridiculous amount of salt the put down.

When I lived in Oklahoma I didn't even bother. Any snow was normally gone by noon.

My last three cars have been 2 Evos and a Focus RS, all with snow tires, I always looked forward to snow to have to fun, now I will have to be a bit cautious.
BrianF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 07:32 AM   #45
Reddy1LE

Drives: 1SS 1LE
Im going all seasons. Not looking to take out the camaro when its snowing out but if I have to use it for some reason at least it will get me there, slowly...

275/30/20 front
285/30/20 rear
What this car really needs is a notification eliminator. There's a wi-fi notification. Bluetooth notification. Parking brake disabled notification. Always some annoying notification popping up. - Navigator post
Reddy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 09:19 AM   #46
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianF View Post
It is relative, Alaska is probably the extreme in this case. I technically live in the south (Maryland). We get maybe a week of snow actually being on the road. It is mainly either getting caught going home or the morning after. If it is to bad my work is canceled anyway. For me winter driving is mainly dry cold weather traction, oh and the ridiculous amount of salt the put down.

When I lived in Oklahoma I didn't even bother. Any snow was normally gone by noon.

My last three cars have been 2 Evos and a Focus RS, all with snow tires, I always looked forward to snow to have to fun, now I will have to be a bit cautious.
My last car was an STi, I had PA4 snows on it, it was great fun in the snow. I think the Camaro will be fine running snow tires and probably a lot of fun as long as the snow isn't too deep. The eLSD with programming for snow/ice will be interesting to try out.

Reddy, I'd go square on aftermarket wheels. You'll be able to rotate them and retain full tire warranty.
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 02:12 PM   #47
jdpickering
Razzi

Drives: 99 Monte Carlo Z34
Thanks for all the comments. I live in Indiana and don't plan on driving while its snowing or freshly salted just want to be able to drive when its below 40 outside and the roads as clear. When its snowing or the roads are crap I plan on driving my beater.
jdpickering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:08 AM   #48
Extrapootie

Drives: 2019 SS 1LE
Hey guys, looking for some advice.(First time buying winter wheel/tires)

Will I have any problems with
19x8.5 30mm offset
245/45/19
Extrapootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:20 AM   #49
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
There's always someone that claims they drive in the winter on racing slicks and that it's "totally fine".
Snow? No problem!

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 10:31 AM   #50
samr350

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Picked these up the other day. 18x8.5 ET20 BMW wheels. Plenty of clearance on the face and enough room to the barrel that I'm not worried about it.
Attached Images

samr350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 10:34 AM   #51
samr350

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
lol, a RWD car with massive power and little weight on the rear axle. It literally doesn't get any worse than that for winter driving. Just being able to start in an intersection in the winter can be a major feat and being able to travel at more than just 5mph is necessary to drive on public roads.

This isn't the same as a bigger vehicle with more weight over the axles. Sorry, live in Alaska and drive in winter. While there are some things you "can" do, you aren't impressing anyone but yourself by doing something stupid. There's always someone that claims they drive in the winter on racing slicks and that it's "totally fine".
It's got more weight over the rear axle than most other vehicles do lol. Also the power is very easy to control so it's not too bad. I mean yeah it's not going to do as well as something FWD and depending on where you live and what the terrain is like it may not be the greatest idea. However it's also totally possible to drive one through the winter without too many issues.
samr350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:04 PM   #52
jdpickering
Razzi

Drives: 99 Monte Carlo Z34
Does anyone see an issue with this square setup?
CURVA C300/

Rim Diameter: 19
Rim Width: 10
Offset: 30
Bolt Pattern: 5x120
Hub Bore: 73.1

Front Setup
Rear Setup
jdpickering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:44 AM   #53
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by samr350 View Post
Picked these up the other day. 18x8.5 ET20 BMW wheels. Plenty of clearance on the face and enough room to the barrel that I'm not worried about it.
That looks like shit.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote