Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2019 Camaro Fest (IX)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-25-2019, 10:00 AM   #1
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
NCM Motosports Park: Camaro Fest TRACK DAY!! & ABI Photos

Go to:

www.abi-photo.com/f875851161

to purchase Photos from ABI for the NCM Road Course!

National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park
Thursday, July 12, 2018

Camaro Fest Track Day @ National Corvette Museum

This year, Camaro Fest is continuing to offer a full-scale track day to our attendees, and we're excited as ever!

There will be four run groups. While registration only includes one “Beginner/Novice” group…we are going to split those drivers up into Novice 1, and Novice 2 in order better accommodate each driver’s skill level.

Run Groups:
A. Beginner/Novice 1 - Little to no track experience. First time at NCM MSP
B. Beginner/Novice 2 - Some track day experience; familiar with flags & passing rules. First time at NCM MSP
C. Intermediate - Moderate track day experience; very familiar with flags & passing rules
D. Advanced - Regularly participates in HPDE's
You must purchase your wristband in advance, there will be NO at-the-gate purchases for the NCM road course!!!

When purchasing, choose one of the above run groups you feel best suits your experience level.* More formal registration instructions will follow in an email. Remember, this is NOT a race...it is NOT timed...there are NO trophies…so choose the most appropriate run group to maximize SAFETY & the FUN-FACTOR!

Each run group can expect to get at least two full hours of TIME on TRACK!**

Coaching availability TBA.

Scheduled classroom instruction is required for Run Groups A, and B. More details on that when you arrive.

SOUND LIMIT:

The NCM Motorsports Park features a sound-limit per local ordinances. Most vehicles with stock exhaust will be fine. Most vehicles that are missing cats, mufflers, or feature headers with high-flow cats risk exceeding the limit. Below is a specific explanation from NCM Motorsports Park:

"A sound level instrument (meter) that meets American National Standards Institute (ANSI) S1.4-1983 Class 2 or better shall be used. The primary maximum for MSP Motorsports Park shall be a sound pressure level of 103dB “A” frequency weighted (dBA) measured on the fast response setting at 50 feet (+/- 2 feet) from the edge of the track pavement, and/or artificial markers indicating track edge. All sound readings shall be truncated to the lower whole number. (Anything after the decimal point is ignored.) All vehicles are required to have mufflers."

POLICIES & GUIDELINES:
• Bring Water - Stay hydrated. We will have water bottles available.
• Tech Inspection forms must be completely filled out before driving on track. By signing this document you confirm that your car is safe to drive on track, accept full responsibility for the mechanical condition of your vehicle.
• Helmet must be Snell SA2010 or newer. (Open or closed) M-Class Helmets are for motorcycles, and not acceptable. See “Helmets” below.
• Closed-toed shoes are required...no sandals, no boots.
• Convertibles MUST be equipped with a structural roll bar.
• No passengers allowed with participants while track is hot.
• We STRONGLY recommend changing your brake fluid to a high-temperature DOT 4-spec fluid to prevent loss of braking power on track.
• We recommend you follow Chevrolet’s recommended track preparation guide for your vehicle prior to arriving at NCM.
• Food and Beverages will be available for purchase at the track (but you can always bring a cooler with lunch, sandwiches, etc). NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED.
• Separate individual driver insurance can be purchased through NCM to completely cover you and your ENTIRE CAR. All drivers will be responsible for themselves and any property damaged to the NCM track.
HELMETS:

Per the Snell Foundation:
“The SA standard was designed for competitive auto racing while the M standard was for motorcycling and other motorsports. The K standard was released to accommodate helmets used in karting. There are three major differences between them:

1. The SA standard requires flammability test while the M and K standards do not.
2. The SA and K standards allow for a narrower visual field than the M standard…
3. The SA and K standards include a roll bar multi-impact test while the M standard does not.”
Therefore, we will require a Snell SA-2010 certified helmet (or newer) for your safety. Please do not plan on renting a helmet, because they typically go quickly and aren’t available for everyone.

DISCLAIMERS

* Camaro Fest, and Hooked on Driving reserve the right and flexibility to shift drivers from one Run Group to another based on performance on-track.

** We will run rain or shine, unless the amount of rain poses a safety hazard to participants or workers. Driving at reduced speeds in the rain can be a blast, and the conditions can teach novices and “dry-only” drivers a great many things about vehicle handling!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:01 AM   #2
Mr. Wyndham

Go to:

www.abi-photo.com/f875851161

to purchase Photos from ABI for the NCM Road Course!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:01 AM   #3
Mr. Wyndham

Shame on me for not posting this sooner...if anyone was waiting for this thread to go live to sign up for the road course - now is your chance!

You must purchase a pass to NCM in order to receive a registration email.
Old 04-25-2019, 11:05 AM   #4
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there discussion about a 2 day NCM event (Thursday and a Friday deal?) I see you posted for Thursday, when I hopped over to the Camaro fest store it also lists 1 day event. I'm guessing something fell through or not enough interests?
3400 status 03/07/16 TPW of 03/14/16
4200 status 03/17/16 in transit!
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
| AWE touring - resinated catback with link pipes.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 12:08 PM   #5
HartfordRacingCaptain

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS, 2023 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredry View Post
correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there discussion about a 2 day NCM event (Thursday and a Friday deal?) I see you posted for Thursday, when I hopped over to the Camaro fest store it also lists 1 day event. I'm guessing something fell through or not enough interests?
+1. Was hoping this could be a regular thing, to have 2 days on the track.

HartfordRacingCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 11:07 PM   #6
Stingraye

Drives: 2011 2SS / RS M6 LS3 IBM
What is the protocol for checking the sound level? Is every car pre-checked or how does that work? I'm a little concerned about that, I'm having a cam put in next month so I won't know quite how loud it will be until shortly before the event, but I do have long tube headers and high flo cats and its already pretty loud but has mufflers. What happens if a car is deemed too loud, will you be refunded for being refused or are you just out the money and kicked off the track?
Stingraye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 08:46 PM   #7
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
When does registration for the event close??
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 02:03 AM   #8
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
My understanding is wed track day was cancelled for not enough signing up.
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 06:38 PM   #9
driven2exceSS

Does anybody know when the registration is expected to close (or the online sales of wristbands to end) for CamaroFest IX's one day HPDE track event???? Thanks!!

**National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park**
Thursday, July 11, 2019
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)

Last edited by driven2exceSS; 05-11-2019 at 07:55 AM.
Old 05-09-2019, 06:43 PM   #10
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
I wanted that so bad but with what happened to me, racing is on the back burner for a bit.

2 days would have been epic ;o)

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 05:29 PM   #11
driven2exceSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
Does anybody know when the registration is expected to close for CamaroFest IX's one day HPDE event???? Thanks!!

**National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park**
Thursday, July 11, 2019
Old 05-14-2019, 10:35 PM   #12
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Wish I could make it this year but my working is sending me to India for the next 32 months.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 10:13 PM   #13
CAP'N B
Cajun Mariner

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS 15 Camaro Z/82 AGM
TOO LOUUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingraye View Post
What is the protocol for checking the sound level? Is every car pre-checked or how does that work? I'm a little concerned about that, I'm having a cam put in next month so I won't know quite how loud it will be until shortly before the event, but I do have long tube headers and high flo cats and its already pretty loud but has mufflers. What happens if a car is deemed too loud, will you be refunded for being refused or are you just out the money and kicked off the track?
They don't precheck, I ran open cut outs and got pulled off track, All I had to do was close cut outs, I have Long tube headers no cats, magnaflow 3' performance exhaust and I was OKAy like that. If u get pulled off track and can't change it you just off the track and no refund or anything, just can't get back on track, I have a really big cam in my car

CAP'N B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 11:26 PM   #14
trz174

Drives: Used to Drive Blue Camaros
For those that may need fuel at the track, here’s what’s available on site.
Attached Images

trz174 is offline   Reply With Quote