Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 03-03-2017, 07:16 PM   #1
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Group Buy:TRC 16x24 Waffle Weave Prem MF 70/30 400GSM $3.40

Group Buy TRC 16x24 Waffle Weave Premium Microfiber towel 70/30 400GSM $3.40
First of all, these are quality towels. Theragcompany's waffle weaves are South Korean made, from South Korean fiber, 70% polyester, 30% polyamide, 400GSM waffle weave split microfiber towels.
The 16x24 towels sell for $3.40 wholesale, which is a great price, BUT you have to buy 220 towels to get that price. To do a group buy on the 220 16x24 towels, we need at least 20 to join. That's 11 towels each for $37.40 plus shipping. We will cap it at 22, so each person would get 10 towels.
By comparison, the 16x24 Cobra Guzzler waffle weave (a popular brand sold on autogeek.net) is China made, 80/20% and they don't list the GSM, probably because it is thin. Autogeek.net sells the Cobra Guzzler waffle weave 16x24 for $15.99 each. They also offer 6 for $59.99.
Here’s the link to the purchase site:
https://www.wholesalemicrofiber.comp...e-weave-towel/
Additional Product Details:
Rounded corners and a silky satin banded edge for the ultimate softness and protection in a drying and waterless / rinseless wash towel. The highest quality South Korean AA-Grade microfiber.
· Soft / Lint-Free / Non-Abrasive
· Waffle Weave Pattern is an Excellent Choice for Wiping Windows, Glass and Mirrors...or The Whole Car
· Absorbs Up To 10 times Its Weight in Moisture!
· Highest South Korean Quality AA-Grade 100% Split Microfiber
· Effective Green Cleaning Solution to Remove Dust and Dirt Without the Use of Chemicals
· Also Safe To Use On All Electronic Equipment and Screens / Optics
· Extremely Durable - Ability to Withstand Hundreds of Washings

If we can get 20 people to join the group buy, I will order the towels and ship them out to everyone. You will send me the money via paypal and I will ship the towels via USPS flat rate shipping box. Depending on what size box is required, the shipping cost will be between $9.95-18.95 for domestic US shipping.

Including shipping, that would be a cost of between $4.30-5.12 per towel. That is a savings of 64-68%.

Let's do this!
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:59 PM   #2
KirkH

Here's a lesser towel for $15.99 each.

http://www.autogeek.net/microfiber-waffle-weave.html
Old 03-04-2017, 02:27 PM   #3
Dayle1

Drives: 2016 Hyper blue coupe V6/auto
Count me in, with 3 vehicles and a 34 ft RV I will certainly find plenty of opportunities to use them. Hope you get enough owners to join in.
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 03:23 PM   #4
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Count me in for 5 orders!!
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 05:33 PM   #5
MANNAXMAN

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
By comparison, the 16x24 Cobra Guzzler waffle weave (a popular brand sold on autogeek.net) is China made, 80/20% and they don't list the GSM, probably because it is thin.
Just to be clear, the Autogeek web site states that, for the various Cobra Guzzler waffle weave towels, "the Cobra Guzzler microfiber was manufactured in Korea and cut and sewn in China". According to the Microfiber Comparison Chart on the Autogeek web site, the Cobra Guzzler waffle weave towels are 350GSM.

I'm new to detailing. 50GSM doesn't sound like a significant difference to me. If one were 100GSM and the other were 150GSM, then I would consider the 150GSM towel to be a much better towel. But, between the Cobra Guzzler and this Rag Company towel, percentage-wise, you're only getting 14.3% more GSM. However, the polyamide content is higher with the Rag Company towels. Would you consider these towels to be significantly better, like twice as good, Kirk?

I purchased a 3-pack of the Cobra Supreme Guzzler 20x40" waffle weave towels a few months back when Autogeek had a 25% off offer. With free shipping, on a per square inch basis, I only paid about 6% more than what I would get with this group buy (if it reached 22 buyers). So I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth it or not to invest in more waffle weave towels at this time.
1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (2009-Present)
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Follow me on Instagram - @gen6_2ss_vert
MANNAXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:04 PM   #6
KirkH

I don't touch my paint with any 80/20 towels. I only use 80/20 for utility work like door jambs, scrubbing interior, etc.

I also don't use made in China towels on my paint. Once that fiber leaves the factory in korea, who knows what happens to it? Plus, I don't trust Chinese labelling. In the past, Chinese quality was very poor. It is supposed to be getting better, but it is worth it to me to go with Korean produced towels. The biggest thing I have noticed is fiber shedding. I don't notice the Korean towels leaving fibers all over glass like I do with the China towels.

The key to this deal is that the towels are 70/30.

Last edited by KirkH; 03-04-2017 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:33 AM   #7
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNAXMAN View Post
Just to be clear, the Autogeek web site states that, for the various Cobra Guzzler waffle weave towels, "the Cobra Guzzler microfiber was manufactured in Korea and cut and sewn in China". According to the Microfiber Comparison Chart on the Autogeek web site, the Cobra Guzzler waffle weave towels are 350GSM.

I'm new to detailing. 50GSM doesn't sound like a significant difference to me. If one were 100GSM and the other were 150GSM, then I would consider the 150GSM towel to be a much better towel. But, between the Cobra Guzzler and this Rag Company towel, percentage-wise, you're only getting 14.3% more GSM. However, the polyamide content is higher with the Rag Company towels. Would you consider these towels to be significantly better, like twice as good, Kirk?

I purchased a 3-pack of the Cobra Supreme Guzzler 20x40" waffle weave towels a few months back when Autogeek had a 25% off offer. With free shipping, on a per square inch basis, I only paid about 6% more than what I would get with this group buy (if it reached 22 buyers). So I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth it or not to invest in more waffle weave towels at this time.
$49.99 for 3 20x40 towels less 25% would be 37.50. Thats over 12 dollars per towel.

These are smaller of course but still a heck of a deal. Amazon etc.. and the likes are selling one 16x24 and one 20x40 for $25

These will be between $4-5 per towel after shipping depending how many you order.

Also Remember These are better towels I currently use cobra guzzlers and I like them but why not get better for less money you will need them eventually anyways and the group buys are not always available otherwise you will find yourself paying double or more when you want them. I always stock up when cheap I buy for others as well my dad always wants what I get LOL so he just pays me for them.

I also use them to clean my stainless Steel appliances they work great!
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 02:36 PM   #8
MANNAXMAN

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
I don't touch my paint with any 80/20 towels. I only use 80/20 for utility work like door jambs, scrubbing interior, etc.
Interesting. I purchased the Cobra Guzzler towels because that's what Glen e recommends in his "Master Plan" document.

Quote:
I also don't use made in China towels on my paint. Once that fiber leaves the factory in korea, who knows what happens to it? Plus, I don't trust Chinese labelling. In the past, Chinese quality was very poor. It is supposed to be getting better, but it is worth it to me to go with Korean produced towels. The biggest thing I have noticed is fiber shedding. I don't notice the Korean towels leaving fibers all over glass like I do with the China towels.

The key to this deal is that the towels are 70/30.
All good points. And I did indicate that I was aware that the polyamide content was higher on these towels and was part of my consideration for participating in this group buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustya View Post
$49.99 for 3 20x40 towels less 25% would be 37.50. Thats over 12 dollars per towel.

These are smaller of course but still a heck of a deal. Amazon etc.. and the likes are selling one 16x24 and one 20x40 for $25

These will be between $4-5 per towel after shipping depending how many you order.

Also Remember These are better towels I currently use cobra guzzlers and I like them but why not get better for less money you will need them eventually anyways and the group buys are not always available otherwise you will find yourself paying double or more when you want them. I always stock up when cheap I buy for others as well my dad always wants what I get LOL so he just pays me for them.

I also use them to clean my stainless Steel appliances they work great!
I was pretty confident these towels are better, based on their specs. However, I was trying to determine if they were superior enough compared to the Cobra Guzzler towels to justify purchasing them. When I did my cost analysis, I used the highest shipping cost Kirk listed (worst case scenario), and calculated the cost per square inch of towel to get an apples to apples comparison. I re-did the calculations and discovered that I had made a mistake in my original calculations. If all things are considered equal, which I know they're not, the savings for this group buy vs. what I paid for the Cobra Guzzler towels is either is 11.7% (for 10 towels) or 14.6% (for 11 towels) IF shipping to me is $18.95. Savings jumps up to 27-28% if shipping is at the low end.

Having said that, consider me in for this group buy, Kirk!
1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (2009-Present)
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Follow me on Instagram - @gen6_2ss_vert
MANNAXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 02:58 PM   #9
KirkH

I have 1 of these towels that I got in a sampler pack. I just looked at it. I think 10 towels are going to fit in the smaller flat rate box. I won't know for sure until I try it, but that is my guess right now. I put 25 Everest towels in the big box, and they are very thick. So I can guarantee that it won't be on the high end.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:42 PM   #10
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNAXMAN View Post
Interesting. I purchased the Cobra Guzzler towels because that's what Glen e recommends in his "Master Plan" document.

All good points. And I did indicate that I was aware that the polyamide content was higher on these towels and was part of my consideration for participating in this group buy.

I was pretty confident these towels are better, based on their specs. However, I was trying to determine if they were superior enough compared to the Cobra Guzzler towels to justify purchasing them. When I did my cost analysis, I used the highest shipping cost Kirk listed (worst case scenario), and calculated the cost per square inch of towel to get an apples to apples comparison. I re-did the calculations and discovered that I had made a mistake in my original calculations. If all things are considered equal, which I know they're not, the savings for this group buy vs. what I paid for the Cobra Guzzler towels is either is 11.7% (for 10 towels) or 14.6% (for 11 towels) IF shipping to me is $18.95. Savings jumps up to 27-28% if shipping is at the low end.

Having said that, consider me in for this group buy, Kirk!
Awesome! I think you will be happy with these towels. If we get a couple of more people I will go ahead and order and I will sell the extras.

Glen e knows his stuff and has lots of experience. I detail some high end vehicles professionally, and I also "play" with my car more than Glen does, so I need to use the highest quality stuff I can, to keep "out of my own way" I guess you could say . And I am a bit OCD but that's a good quality in a detailer
Old 03-05-2017, 03:54 PM   #11
8675309’SS

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 Silver Ice Metallic
I will be 1/20 or 1/22.

My First Camaro! 2017 2SS 6M, Silver Ice Metallic, 20" Low Gloss Black Wheels, Red Fender Hashes, Ground FX, NPP, MRC, Sunroof, Black Bowties. Ordered 4-22-16, Picked up 7-16-16.
8675309’SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 04:18 PM   #12
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8675309Maro View Post
I will be 1/20 or 1/22.
Sweet! We have 9
Old 03-06-2017, 12:55 AM   #13
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Kirk, I will hop in as well, let me know!
Last deal with Kirk was as smooth as glass, and the towels are great quality.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:05 AM   #14
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
So these are used more for drying? I use a blaster sidekick to remove most of the water then a quality towel along with some detail spray to dry my car. I also was in the previous group buy. Very quick and smooth. KirkH was awesome. I could always use some more drying towels so if these are best for that, count me in for 10
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote